dropthedaggerromeo.

[CLOSED] Guess The Album Release Date!

Update

I've added a couple of new rules, which I'll explain here.

2. You must have at least 20 posts on MCRmy.com by the time the contest ends in order to qualify to enter.

You may or may not agree with this, but this is why I added it:

a] Part of the reason I held this contest was to attract people to MCRmy.com. We're between albums at the moment, so it's a bit quiet, but there are always new soldiers to recruit. I don't want people to sign up here just because they might win a free t-shirt, I want them to sign up here, have a look around and decide "hey, this place is f'ing awesome! I think I'll stay here!"

b] I don't want you guys who are on here all the time to be at a disadvantage to people who have signed up here purely because they might win something. I want the prize to go to a loving Rmy member as a reward for being such an awesome member of our community! I hope that this rule encourages people to have a look around the forum and interact with people, make new friends and hopefully we can gain some more full time soldiers :)

c] I don't want people to sign up, post once in this thread and then completely forget about this website. This is because...

9. I will contact the winner as soon as I can after the official release date is announced. If they do not get back to me within a specified period of time (I'll decide nearer the time!), I will choose the next nearest person.

This is self explanatory. I will be contacting people through PM, and if they don't answer it I will have to choose another person. I've put that I'll decide nearer the time because if it is announced during the summer holidays, for example, people are likely to be on holiday so may need longer to get back to me.

Edit: Interesting fact - for the past few months we've had an average of 2-4 people sign up per day. Yesterday we had 12 new members :D

Thanks for adding the new rules, I think they were definitely needed!

you know, i hope it turns out to be mine or close to mine not even for the fact that i wanna win the prizes, but that MINE IS NOT TEN THOUSAND YEARS AWAY like everyone else's.

this waiting is seriously killing me. i think about it almost every day! :/

I've got to say, I was quite surprised to see so many people guessing so far away. I'd be interested to see people's logic behind their guess, but at the same time we don't want to give it away xD

exactly! i mean, word on the street is that they started recording a few days ago, and they said themselves that all they want to do is get new music out as soon as possible. that's why i'm pretty sure it'll happen before the end of the year.

i could be wrong, though.

dear god i hope i'm not wrong.

I can understand all points of view to be honest. They might get it done by the end of the year and try to release it before Christmas to get Christmas sales. It might not be ready in time for that, so it could be early 2013, or they might decide not to rush it/to scrap the whole damn thing and start again in which case it could be late 2013. I did expect more people to guess dates at the end of this year though.

yeah, i just do not want it to go into the fall of 2013. that's the start of my freshmen year at college and i can already guarantee that i will have no money of my own to either 1) buy the CD. 2) buy any new merch that goes with the new CD. or 3) buy concert tickets if they come on tour around here.

i want it now, while i'm in high school and i have a job to pay for my obsessions!

i buy all my MCR stuff... you could say that my parents don't like my chem, but that would be a huge understatement.

I'd be interested to see people's logic behind their guess, but at the same time we don't want to give it away xD

Actually, I wasn't too surprised by this, because I thought about my date carefully based on the timing of prior album cycles and some of their specific release history and context. I would love to be surprised and have it come out this year (so I could have a couple last MCR shows with Lia before I move), but if it doesn't happen I'm not going to be surprised. It will come out when it comes out and it will likely be later rather than sooner. At the earliest, they may tour some next summer but I highly doubt the record will come out before then. It is highly unlikely though they would tour before releasing an album though. They may be in the studio, but if they have a vision and expect perfection, it could take a while. For example, The Killers have been in the studio since last summer and they only just recently said the album is coming out in the fall and don't even have a release date yet. Sometimes these things take time and a little patience to finally materialize.

I'm excited for when the album finally comes out but I'm not holding my breath

Actually, I wasn't too surprised by this, because I thought about my date carefully based on the timing of prior album cycles and some of their specific release history and context. I would love to be surprised and have it come out this year (so I could have a couple last MCR shows with Lia before I move), but if it doesn't happen I'm not going to be surprised. It will come out when it comes out and it will likely be later rather than sooner. At the earliest, they may tour some next summer but I highly doubt the record will come out before then. It is highly unlikely though they would tour before releasing an album though. They may be in the studio, but if they have a vision and expect perfection, it could take a while. For example, The Killers have been in the studio since last summer and they only just recently said the album is coming out in the fall and don't even have a release date yet. Sometimes these things take time and a little patience to finally materialize.

I remember we had a guess the album release date on the old MCRmy for Danger Days. As far as I know, nobody was correct because they scrapped the album and took a year longer than expected(and also because TSN was shut down before DD was released :()! We took it so seriously back then! We were like little lab rats trying to look for a correlation between Mikey's glasses and length of time to release album, or between Gerard's hair colour and stage of production. We were mind fucking ourselves before MCR were xD

My guess is early next year. Personally, I don't think they'll have completed it by the end of this year. They're certainly not ones to rush, and they also have to design the artwork and packaging, manufacture it, promote it, distribute it etc etc. They have said that they don't feel the need to wait ages between albums like they did with TBP and DD, hence why my guess is early next year, but I wouldn't be surprised if it took longer. I just thought that a lot of people would think this year.

you took the words out of my mouth. the good thing is that i'd like for it to be out sooner than i guessed...but i'm used to waiting. the time between tbp and dd was brutal, so i'm good with anything at this point. lol

I'm gonna go with... April 19, 2013. That's the soonest I see the album coming out (though I do hope it's earlier!)

We took it so seriously back then! We were like little lab rats trying to look for a correlation between Mikey's glasses and length of time to release album, or between Gerard's hair colour and stage of production. We were mind fucking ourselves before MCR were xD

My guess is early next year. Personally, I don't think they'll have completed it by the end of this year. They're certainly not ones to rush, and they also have to design the artwork and packaging, manufacture it, promote it, distribute it etc etc. They have said that they don't feel the need to wait ages between albums like they did with TBP and DD, hence why my guess is early next year, but I wouldn't be surprised if it took longer. I just thought that a lot of people would think this year.

You made me giggle so much about how you guys' used to guess the album stages previously. I don't think I had thought about those aspects of the band as influencing or reflecting the differing stages of production.

I know I guessed November 2013, but I really hope it will come out earlier. I would love to be able to see them on tour by summer or fall 2013, but who knows if that might actually happen. They have been feeling rather inspired in the past year based on the guys' comments in different interviews. I'm hoping it would be earlier rather than later, but as a betting person in this scenario, I'm going to guess later ^_^

You made me giggle so much about how you guys' used to guess the album stages previously. I don't think I had thought about those aspects of the band as influencing or reflecting the differing stages of production.

I know I guessed November 2013, but I really hope it will come out earlier. I would love to be able to see them on tour by summer or fall 2013, but who knows if that might actually happen. They have been feeling rather inspired in the past year based on the guys' comments in different interviews. I'm hoping it would be earlier rather than later, but as a betting person in this scenario, I'm going to guess later ^_^

Haha! They were just random examples, but I remember researching what day was most common for albums to come out on and things like that too xD

I'm the same as you. I'd be really surprised if it was this year... really surprised, but I wouldn't complain!