dropthedaggerromeo.

[CLOSED] Guess The Album Release Date!

THE CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED!

With the guys now recording their new album, I figured what better way to embrace our excitement than a contest! I know some of you are super talented artists and writers etc., but there are some people (like me) who suck at that kind of stuff and often feel excluded from contests that are based on artsy stuff like that. So here is your no shit, no sweat, straight-to-the-point contest.

All you have to do is guess the album release date! The prize (very kindly donated by the wonderful V/ViennaKiss) is a “We Are The Black Parade” t shirt (size medium), a giant promotion poster for The Black Parade, and a whole range of promo stuff the old street team were sent (flyers, stickers etc. for Revenge and TBP).

tbpshirt.jpg

tbppromoposter.jpg

There are a few rules:

1. This is exclusive to you guys here on MCRmy.com. I will advertise it elsewhere, but you must be signed up to this forum to participate.

2. You must have at least 20 posts on MCRmy.com by the time the winner is chosen in order to qualify to enter. I've explained why this rule is in place here.

3. Anybody, anywhere, any country can participate (the winner must be willing to give me their address to send the prize to. I will not share this information with anybody else).

4. Once one person has guessed a date, nobody else can guess it.

5. You may not change the date you’ve guessed. If, for example, most people guess a date in August and we’ve still heard nothing by December, I will consider changing this rule.

6. Do not edit your original post. I will constantly update this post with a list of which dates have been guessed and by whom. This list will be how I check the winner. Although I'm sure you guys wouldn't be dishonest, this is to certify that nobody has edited their post after I've listed their date. For this reason, it's important that you check I have written the correct date to save any confusion later.

7. The contest has a provisional closing date of July 31st September 1st September 30th. If something is announced or clues are given in the meantime, this could be moved forward. Likewise, if I feel it necessary nearer the time, I may move the closing date further away.

8. If the correct date hasn't been guessed when the official release date is announced, I will choose the nearest to it. If there is a tie, I will choose the person who posted their guess first (I only have one prize so I have to do it this way).

9. As albums often have different release dates for different countries, the release date that I will use for this contest will be the US release date.

10. I will contact the winner via MCRmy.com as soon as I can after the official release date is announced. If they do not get back to me within seven days, I will choose the next nearest person.

I think that’s all for now, so have fun and guess away!

---

30th September 2012 - Radio Star37

10th November 2012 - Eggy_Way

15th November 2012 - MurderKilljoy

16th November 2012 - mystarkidromance

6th December 2012 - Crimson Rain

9th December 2012 - BlackVeilAlice

12th December 2012 - coke_Iero

18th December 2012 - waycrazy25

14th January 2013 - kynd77

19th January 2013 - scrumtrulescent

21st January 2013 - ShadowVenom

26th January 2013 - CrashDiamond_23

15th February 2013 - theghostofyou

22nd February 2013 - Dani-Panic

26th February 2013 - SulfurSiren

28th February 2013 - memory

4th March 2013 - Indifferent Ignorance

5th March 2013 - RadarAnomaly

10th March 2013 - CaitMCR

12th March 2013 - DNAdrain

19th March 2013 - Sanity

23rd March 2013 - StarSurfer

26th March 2013 - adrenaline.earthquake

31st March 2013 - Lady_Godiva

11th April 2013 - DisenchantedDetonator

13th April 2013 - Toxic-Tyranny

16th April 2013 - perceivedorder

18th April 2013 - Poptart

19th April 2013 - Otakupunk

21st April 2013 - hazelandchacha

26th April 2013 - Captain Sapphire

30th April 2013 - MajorSunshine

15th May 2013 - summertimee

16th May 2013 - Vengeance Blast

19th May 2013 - SilentFallout

23rd May 2013 - Adrenaline Threat Angel

29th May 2013 - Lia

3rd June 2013 - river

25th June 2013 - _A_me_

29th June 2013 - Blackrose88

9th July 2013 - Martyn

10th July 2013 - DJ Jojo

3rd August 2013 - NeverComingHome

6th August 2013 - The Sane Abandoned Me

11th September 2013 - rabidkilljoy

10th October 2013 - cherrybomb

15th October 2013 - inthiswatercoolerromance

26th October - nightmare_child

31st October 2013 - BloodLightning

1st November 2013 - Dia

27th November 2013 - Sunshine Diamond

12th December 2013 - Misa=A

Kerry, is it possible to post for a fellow rmy member? Brinn (Radar Anomaly) is away from her computer for the next few hours. She was wondering if I could post her date and she could come on later this afternoon and confirm that is her date?

Thanks Kerry!! Let me know if this works. Brinn was just worried that it would be gone before she got home this afternoon.

Brinn's date is October 29th, 2013

I'm gonna take a guess and say 12th February 2013. I won't include that in the list though, so if somebody else wants that date they can have it. I just want to take part too 'cause it's fun and I want to have my guess written somewhere so I don't forget it! Obviously if that is the date the album is released I will not keep the prize, it will still go to the nearest guess.

as every other album has been released on an even numbered year it should be this year - but that doesn't really give them time to get the whole thing finalized , so I'm going with 2013. 1st & 3rd albums were 23rd of the month, so this one has to be too. And even numbered months seem to bring better acclaim but as it's an 'odd' year ......

I'm going with March 23rd 2013

Hahaha, yeah.

My bad. ^^;

Edit: I type the date a lot at work, so I guess that's why I typed 2012. xD

Update

I've added a couple of new rules, which I'll explain here.

2. You must have at least 20 posts on MCRmy.com by the time the contest ends in order to qualify to enter.

You may or may not agree with this, but this is why I added it:

a] Part of the reason I held this contest was to attract people to MCRmy.com. We're between albums at the moment, so it's a bit quiet, but there are always new soldiers to recruit. I don't want people to sign up here just because they might win a free t-shirt, I want them to sign up here, have a look around and decide "hey, this place is f'ing awesome! I think I'll stay here!"

b] I don't want you guys who are on here all the time to be at a disadvantage to people who have signed up here purely because they might win something. I want the prize to go to a loving Rmy member as a reward for being such an awesome member of our community! I hope that this rule encourages people to have a look around the forum and interact with people, make new friends and hopefully we can gain some more full time soldiers :)

c] I don't want people to sign up, post once in this thread and then completely forget about this website. This is because...

9. I will contact the winner as soon as I can after the official release date is announced. If they do not get back to me within a specified period of time (I'll decide nearer the time!), I will choose the next nearest person.

This is self explanatory. I will be contacting people through PM, and if they don't answer it I will have to choose another person. I've put that I'll decide nearer the time because if it is announced during the summer holidays, for example, people are likely to be on holiday so may need longer to get back to me.

Edit: Interesting fact - for the past few months we've had an average of 2-4 people sign up per day. Yesterday we had 12 new members :D