Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FTWWW

The Super Mega Ultra Official Shirt Project!

*ahem*

this is something I've been wanting to see around here for a number of weeks, it strikes me that there's alot of fake/bad quality shirt designs that are sold as legitimate, and I figured it'd be cool to have a thread that lists official merch, from both live shows and the various incarnations of the band website. it's nice to know what's a real MCR-approved shirt (since they'll undoubtedly be better quality) plus it's cool to reminisce about old shirts : (this thread may also include hoodies, tank tops, long-sleeved shirts, etc...)

so here it is -

the BIG Official Shirt Project

the AIM?

• to inform, to provide sources for reminiscing, and to beautify the wardrobes of the Rmy everywhere
  • to keep genuine merch proudly on our chests
  • to help us buy from reputable sources

the MISSION?

• to invlove yourself in listing your shirts as described below
  • to provide extra information to said listings if others should miss it off
  • you may gurgle over the merch, it is permitted here ;)

the format of the list should be as follows -

Title: (if you know the one used on the site, or just use the writing on the shirt/make up a sensible name for it if you're not sure)

Tour/Place of purchase: (which tour was it sold on? did you buy it from the band's site, or is it available instore or via online seller?)

Front Design: (try to succintly describe the graphics on the front of the shirt, making note of size, colours etc)

Back Design: (same as the above, but on the back!)

Sleeve Design: (optional, but describe the graphics - if any - that are on the sleeves)

Fit: (was it sold as sinny girl's fit? ordinary, male fit? or perhaps both?)

Picture: (if possible, link a picture, please make sure they're your own images! it can be you wearing it - show that thing off ;) please link it, don't -tag it, since this thread'll be difficult to read for those with fabled 'shit-ternet')

for example -

Title: "Wanted: The Fabulous Killjoys" (Black - a white version was sold on the WCT)

Tour/Place of Purchase: Leeds Festival '11 (it could have been sold elsewhere too)

Front Design: four face-on mug shots of each member of the band, arranged in 2x2, each crossed out with the red, semi-transparent "exterminate" graphic. above which is written "wanted" in red. beneath the mug shots - "the Fabulous Killjoys" is written in white. both sets of text are in ALL CAPS, and italicised.

Back Design: none (I know the white WCT design had the dates for the tour on the back)

Sleeve Design: none

fit: skinny/girl fit (I'm not sure if a men's one was sold too)

picture: (i can't find my camera cable right now so...)

Title: "ART IS THE WEAPON"

Tour/Place of Purchase: WCT (european dates) (i don't own this though, just loved this design! it could have been available in other places)

Front Design: the words (line 1)"ART" (line 2) "IS THE" (line 3) "WEAPON" written in white, all caps, in one square. the text font therefore decreases in size so art is the biggest word on there

Back Design: "MY CHEMIAL ROMANCE" written, all caps, quite small in a single line of text up near the back collar of the shirt

Sleeve Design: none (to my knowledge)

fit: skinny/men's both sold

picture: none (I don't own this bad-boy :()

this first post'll be the guide, further submissions will be linked to for ease of naviagtion. (once my exams are over, I think i will go through the official site for listings, but feel free to beat me to it :P)

go!

I love this idea. Can I please link it on TheWebways.net when I get back into it?

Title: Black Parade Skeleton/Military (?) hoodie

Place of purchase/tour: TopGoth.com, cica autumn 2009 (it was no longer available on MCR.com, and I've rarely seen it about since). May have been available on tours, but I wasn't around the Rmy then so don't know for sure.

Front design: Just looked at the design and what I thought was a ribcage may also be a military-style thing. Or both. I always saw a ribcage, but mine has such as huge hole in now I'm not sure. My Chem's Parade logo.

Back design: none.

Sleeve design: 'The Black Parade' with a cuff-type image, er, by the cuff.

Fit: the label's faded, but I suspect a small. Would probably have come in all sizes, but could have been men's or woman's fit.

Image: here.

AND

Title: 'Pill hoodie'

Place of purchase/tour: MCR.com, may also have been available on late WCT/HCT, since it's based off Gerard's newer Killjoy jacket.

Front design: red stripes and cream-and-red 'MCR' on black.

Back design: enormous red Party Poison logo, which makes the wearer feel slightly like a large target is painted on their back, and a cream stripe, also on black

Sleeve design: two cream and red horizontal stripes on each sleeve. Still black.

Fit: unisex/possibly men's. I bought a medium having checked against the size chart, but it's big enough to wear as a jacket.

Image: http://www.mychemicalromance.com/shop/product/usa/pill-hoodie (the thing won't let me highlight and link.)4

That okay?!

Title: Na Na Na

Place of purchase/tour: Danger Days era on MCR.com (may have been available on a tour, not sure)

Front design: all over print of "NA NA NA" in pink letters on black background

Back design: continuation of design? (not sure, design may cut off, but likely continues around the wearer's body)

Sleeve design: print continuation

Fit: slim fit

Image: here

Title: Medusa Raglan

Place of purchase/tour: Amazon.com and HotTopic.com, may have been available on the official merchandise site

Front design: Medusa skull with My Chemical Romance logo in yellow, black, and brown on black material

Back design: none

Sleeve design: No design, yellow material 3/4 length sleeve

Fit: Unisex slim fit, if I'm not mistaken

Title: Medusa Raglan

Place of purchase/tour: Amazon.com and HotTopic.com, may have been available on the official merchandise site

Front design: Medusa skull with My Chemical Romance logo in yellow, black, and brown on black material

Back design: none

Sleeve design: No design, yellow material 3/4 length sleeve

Fit: Unisex slim fit, if I'm not mistaken

I have the same shirt! if i'm not mistaken it also comes in red where all the yellow is set :)

I have the same shirt! if i'm not mistaken it also comes in red where all the yellow is set :)

do you have a picture? :)

Can I do this for multiple shirts as well as really old, can't find them anymore shirts? I mean... I'm gonna post a couple now, just because I mean... There's a shit ton. xD And when I get back home (still out of town with friends) I'll post some pictures of shirts because god damn I have enough to wear a different one every day for a month and probably longer. xD

Title: [Don't remember its been YEARS] "I Don't Need Your Friends"

Tour/Place of purchase: Hot Topic, Merch Store, & probably Green Day Tour/Taste of Chaos/Warped.

Front Design: Red. Revenge Mychem Logo in white. Black distressed graphic of rifle bullets. White text: "I don't need your friends, I've got my own."

Back Design: None.

Sleeve Design: None.

Fit: Male cut & sizes.

Picture: [Will edit post later]

Title: The Ripper.

Tour/Place of purchase: Merch Store online, Warped Tour 2005.

Front Design: Black fabric. Jack the ripper and woman who's throat as been cut, blood forms "My Chemical Romance."

Back Design: Bloody letters read "Shhh. You're beautiful just the way you are."

Fit: Male cut & sizes.

Title: "Mikey FUCKIN' Way"

Tour/Place of purchase: Merch Store online, 2008 North American Tour [Japanese Variation sold online & at SummerSonic in Japan]

Front Design: Black; white lettering "MIKEY FUCKIN' WAY." [Japanese Variant had characters spelling out Maiki Fukkin' Wei; I think. I'd have to see it again.]

Back Design: My Chemical Romance Black Parade logo subtlely at top.

Fit: Slim fit male cut & sizes.

I could go on... Just wait when I get home. I will post about ALL the Tshirts. xDDD Wooooo Mercccchhhh!

haha thank you! i guess you older fans are the best people for it :D (young'un me)

I wsh i had a "mikey fucking way" shirt

EDIT: and my day has been made by finding my Bring More Knives shirt that I somehow lost down the side of my bed. need to put a halt to the search parties and sniffer dogs now...

i can't find the right pcture online so instead i'll just go out and buy it!

muhaha! it's a perfect excuse to go shopping ;)

good shout, one should never go without an MCR shirt in their life ever! :lol: