Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Indifferent Ignorance

#projectsnowflake

Edit: How to help persuade the band to release Every Snowflake as a single:

• Make a piece of art or a short video that features the hashtag #ProjectSnowflake. The piece can either be relating to the song or its video, or the video can be you or a younger friend/family member rocking out to the song. The aim is to show our appreciation for it, so have fun!
  • Add your contribution to this thread or email it to indifferentignorance@hotmail.co.uk (I won't spam, etc.).
  • PerceivedOrder and I will then put everything into a master video with a message and send it to every corner of the MCRmy and MCR camp.

The deadline for contributions is Sunday 28th October 2012. Step on it, snowflakes!

Original post (April 2012):

So, today on #MCRchat Cassie asked if people would like to seeEvery Snowflake is Different (Just Like You) get released as a single. Theoverwhelming majority of people said "Hell yes please!" and amini-discussion was kicked off.

'"Life on the Yo Gabba Gabba Scene:The Making of Every Snowflake"Full length DVD from concept to makeup to vid shoot to post-dinner.' waspossibly my favourite contribution (courtesy of ViennaKISS). A few peoplefancied petitioning or campaigning to get the song released, possibly as achildren's charity single (let's face it, it would be immoral to attempt tomake money out of Frank's grin in that video).

Anyway, PerceivedOrder and I got talking afterwards about how it would actuallybe really fun to put together an art project for the band, where peopledraw/write/make videos/do their crazy-awesome thing, saying they love the song,or that their younger relatives or children do, and that it'd be great to seeit released as some form of single, or to see a making-of video, because everyonesecretly wants it on their iPods it's basically MCR for children singingabout snow and acceptance, and what's not to love. During #MCRchat I hashtagged#ProjectSnowflake, so that's what we've named this.

-End ramble- We'd like to see if anyone's interested before we actually startanything, so let us know what you think!

For the record, my orignial idea was this: "<s>@</s>FrankIeroDear My Chem the Rmy's 5 years old at heart and wants to know how you madeSnowflake xx" But, 'south american tween' Tweet notwithstanding, an artproject is probably more polite.<br style="mso-special-character: line-break;">

^ I actually like that idea. That would be pretty awesome!

But whatever's done with it, I'm in! ^_^

YAY!!! we want Snowflake on our iPods ( and phone, and laptops and anywhere else we can store it and listen to it all the time! ) :)

Art Project it is then? maybe we can get our cousins, kids, siblings (who love the song like we do) to sing lines and then create a video out of that?

we can sing too!! :lol:

Crap, completley neglected this.

Just seeing this. Thanks for the #MCRchat love. :}

You're welcome! Saturday night #MCRchat night, when I'm home. Which is often.

Regarding organisation: both PerceivedOrder and I are immensly busy with school, so I'd suggest just making Snowflake-related art when the fancy takes you, submit it when you want to and over the next couple of months we can all just add ideas on the thread as we have them?

People!

This project is still in existence, it's just on the backburner for Perceived and I since we've been busy with exams. dry.gif

We've been thinking that artwork and videos are a good idea, we could make a video with all the submissions, with an acompanying message asking if there's any way Snowflake could become some sort of single.

There's no deadline as of yet, but if you have free time and fancy making something Snowflake-related, get right on it. It can be a video of you or a small relative dancing to it, watching the song on Yo Gabba Gabba, or artwork saying that it's the best My Chem song you've ever heard. Adding #ProjectSnowflake on there somewhere is probably a good idea too.

Does anyone have any ideas/questions?

Oh, and, put the peices on this thread!

-Bump-

That previous post still stands. Exams are done, so I can sketch out my design idea without feeling guilty. :rolleyes:

And, hopefully, so can you. Hint, hint, etc.

Perceived and I are still into making this work, so join us! I just sounded like a creepy preacher. Join #ProjectSnowflake. Join us.

I feel stupid, but... Where do I submit it? I don't have a facebook, but I've got an email and an account on the official band site.

Yeah, I realised that they're tights at the end... It just looked like they had no pants! xD So many fangirls would've been freaking out.