Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sassiyaki_Killer

Dedicated Or Really Identified With A Mcr Song?

Have you dedicated a MCR song to a person? Or which song makes you feel really indetified with it?

Which one and to whom/why?

Mine will be Famous Last Words, it helped me in really hard times and made me feel strong and powerful.

I dedicated Summertime to a boy I really liked, too. But he didnt deserve it. -.-

Mine is sleep, which is ironic because I have always had sleep problems from a young age (sleep terrors(different to nightmares, google it) and insomnia) and I find it really hard to get to sleep, but if I play this song, it makes me go to sleep, everytime without fail.

It's always been Thank You For The Venom for me. In high school, I really hated myself. At the same time, I never wanted to change just to please other people. To me, Venom always had this message of being yourself and not giving a shit about what other people think. It's my favorite song because of that, and I listen to it anytime I feel really badly about myself.

ZERO PERCENT

my current feelings towards a few of people I've known.

I'm not going into detail because that's not my style, but I lived three years of my life under someone's thumb - restrained, sedated, neutralised...

this song makes me feel dangerous and awake

ZERO PERCENT

my current feelings towards a few of people I've known.

I'm not going into detail because that's not my style, but I lived three years of my life under someone's thumb - restrained, sedated, neutralised...

this song makes me feel dangerous and awake

This response right here just reminded me of a song I forgot to mention... DESTROYA. This response is exactly my situation with a relative and my relationship with a song, just replace the title.

I had posted a thread on a meaning to the song thank you for the venom

http://talk.mcrmy.com/index.php?/topic/5039-thank-you-for-the-venom/page__p__154686__fromsearch__1#entry154686

They get some of the lyrics wrong explaining but even before I read that opinion I felt it was about religion. I just feel like religion has always been jammed down my throat all my life and this song kind tells me that I can believe whatever I want. No one can make me believe in any religion.

Famous Last Words - ' I am not afraid to keep on living . . . " that one line just helps me get through so much stuff.

Destroya - i feel like a super badass ( i have no idea why :) ), and that i don't really need sucky backstabbing friends or people who want me to be or do what they want me to do. something worth living for is something worth fighting for.

for me it would have to the black parade that i can identify with and

for some reason also the song blood, every time i hear that song it just

makes me want to put on a top hat and sing along. lol.

I'm Not Okay, it's helped me through so much. It's also one of my first songs and will always be close to my heart. <3 Also Famous Last Words for the same reason as you.

Its not a Fashion Statement, Its a F*&^ing DeathWish...my fight song for taking back my life from an illness.

Specifically "I'm taking back the life you stole!" Considering its a lifetime battle I am NOT going to let it beat me. I WILL win.

I would have to say 'Welcome To the Black Parade'. My mom always told me to never let the world suck me into it's evil ways. It means the same as 'the world will never take my heart'. I love this song and that one verse (do or die, you'll never make me....I, don't, care!) really hit me.

It's Not A Fashion Statement, It's A F@!*ing Deathwish is a song I strongly identify with.

It helped me get through several breakups, the lose of a beloved family member and an illness along with the complications that came along with the illness.

To me, the song expresses that life is short and that you have to live it to the fullest while you're still alive. Don't hold back. Don't be afraid to tell someone you love them. Accept that all things will end eventually. Make your life beautiful while it last.

When my brother died on my 12th birthday due to a suicide, I went to my friend's house to try to get my mind off of things and the Helena music video came on VH1. I had never heard My Chem until that point, and from that moment on I knew they would be my favorite band forever. They came into my life at the perfect time. The lyrics in Helena mean so much to me..

Definately Famous Last Words, and I'm in love with Save Yourself..., Summertime, and S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W because in those songs it feels like the guys are saying 'Hold on, we'll get you through this.' from the lines 'You can run away with me anytime you want.', 'Count to 17 and close your eyes, I'll keep you safe inside.' and obviously 'Save yourself, I'll hold them back tonight.' :D Sorry for the long explanation lol

Kids from Yesterday always makes me feel... nostalgic? bittersweet? Whatever the word is, there's a lot of feeling with that for me. I really identify with the whole thing. You only hear the music when your heart begins to break. or Now this could be the last of all the rides we take, so hold on tight and don't look back.

Also, WTTBP is always a huge one. It gives me a big confidence boost when I hear it. I sing louder, I hold my head higher, and I stop freaking slouching. It really, really makes me want to get up and GO! And do something with myself!

I'll REALLY try to narrow this down

Give 'Em Hell, Kid is a song that helped me a lot in high school I was just put that on my ipod and walk around school with some swag in my step. It just kept everything light. I also use that as a personal motto.

Famous Last Words - OF COURSE, hence one of my mcr tattoos. I always loved it but it wasn't until last year I was going though a really rough time when I was seeing them live and they played it (which surprised me since they didnt play it just 5 months before) and I just lost it. That's when I decided to get the tattoo.

Save Yourself - I'm a throw myself on the sword kind of person and it usually ends up backfiring but it reminds me not to change because other people are shitty.

I like the one song that sounds like you should rob breadsticks. there is also whistling. I imagine doing this dressed a flapper with a fantastic hat and waaay too much eyeliner.

I'm Not Okay - It helps me release anger and frustration every time I listen to it; it's the reason why it's my favorite song.

Famous Last Words - I listen to it when I need more motivation when it comes to not giving up on my higher education.