Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

see you in the zone

Things Your Parents Have Said About My Chemical Romance

I watched MCR's MTV World Stage and went to bed late. Next day, my mom asked me why I slept so much... so I told her. I said they were my favorite band and explained to her their "philosophy" of "Keep it dirty, stay beautiful" and other stuff. She said that it was awesome and we had a long conversation about it :)

[/b]Mum's Reaction:[/b]

*leaves the room* *rolls eyes* *tuts* *looks at me with disapointment*

Dad's Reaction:

Doesn't really care what I listen to plus he doesn't live with me.

My Brother's reaction:

'Turn that shit off' 'they're shit!'

My Sister's reaction:

'FUCK YEAH TURN IT UP!' 'I LOVE MIKEY WAY!' 'LOOK AT MY FRANK IERO MAKE-UP!' 'I LOVE MCR!' 'MCR SAVED MY LIFE'

Step mother:

'Emo' *walks away*

4 year old cousin:

C 'Who are those people on your wall?'

Me 'My Chemical Romance'

C 'cool...I like his make up *pointing to Gerard*'

Me 'I love you'

friends:

'Why do you listen to them?' 'They're emo' 'One Direction are so much better!'

Me: 'DIE'

My cat also likes MCR XD

post-7590-064167200 1343155186_thumb.jpg

Well, my dad once said they were awesome because because of something some of my phone songs ended up on his computer and while he was working I put them on. We like quite a few of the same bands and I love how we both get offended if one of our fave bands are insulted by my sister. He doesn't really know about MCR but he doesn't mind what I listen to.

My mum just thinks I'm wierd and my older sister hates them and says I'm obsessed. Well no shit, Sherlock. My little sister likes a few of their songs. My family don't understand my music taste and think I'm an emo freak.

my parents like them, they were the ones who bought me my first mcr cd when i was 9 years old.

my dad(listening to cover of astro zombies) damn they did a pretty good job on that song

my mom(watching i dont love you video) he's got some messed up teeth and makes some funny faces when he sings... but he's got a pretty nice voice

my mom( watching the ghost of you video) it is so cool they chose that theme for the video, and look at him(gerard) he looks like such a gentleman! your dad would like this video

my dad(watching ghost of you video) they did a pretty good job with the saving private ryan thing.

they are pretty supportive of me and my love for mcr

Both of my parents likes rock music, it kinda runs in the family. This huge and famous Finnish rockfestival have been organized very near from where my great grandma used to live since 1980 or something. She used to visit there every time she could and when she couldn't, she used to sit on her front pourch and listen good music from there. And she also used to accommondate band member in her house, she liked it vvery much. My mums cousin helped organizing that festival I was talking about, many years but he doesn't do that anymore. He used to tour with band around the country too, there was a parking lot for a buss in my great grandmas backyard and I remember visiting that tourbuss when I was a kid. Both of my aunts like rock music too, my other aunt took me to a rock festival first time when I was 8-9 years old or something. And now both of my parents like bands like Queen, Twisted sister, etc...

Actually it was my dad who gave me the money to MCR concert ticket. I called him instantly when I heard about that concert and he was like okay, we'll see about that. Then, after a few hours, he called back and said that "You uncle played me that music. It was kinda good, I liked it! When do you need the money?" :D

Dad: I hate them. Loathe them in fact. Why? Because you like them. GRRR

Mom: Gayest band in history

-plays Jeffree Star video Beauty Killer-

Mom: SECOND gayest band ever.

>_>

This is probably my fault for not hiding Frerard from them ;_; alas, it gets annoying nonetheless.

At least my mom knows that getting me MCR merch is the only way to get me on their good side xD

My mom just laughs at me when I gasp or start fangirling whenever I hear them on the radio. And I also get weird looks whenever I start babbling about Conventional Weapons or MCR5.

Tony (the fat-ass that's my legal dad, not biological, so I suppose a legal guardian?) says that they're okay, and that he saw a picture of them and sees "why I like them". Dude. It's not cuz they're cute, which they are, but that's aside from the point. I told Tony that I'd stop getting smart with him for about a month if he got me tickets to the next MCR tour. He said that he'd definitely have to try, then.

Also, my friend has been banned from listening to MCR by her mother. -_- That is so not fair. But, you know, she is manic depressive and her favourite songs are from Revenge or TBP, which may be worrying to her mother considering that she didn't listen to the message and only looked at the fact it's very dark. And Georgie said she couldn't be a member of the MCRmy for that reason. I stopped her, looked her in the eye, and said, "Dude, no one can stop you from being a member of the MCRmy; we're a family." But she still can't listen to it. Some parents do NOT get it.

Also, my friend has been banned from listening to MCR by her mother. -_- That is so not fair. But, you know, she is manic depressive and her favourite songs are from Revenge or TBP, which may be worrying to her mother considering that she didn't listen to the message and only looked at the fact it's very dark. And Georgie said she couldn't be a member of the MCRmy for that reason. I stopped her, looked her in the eye, and said, "Dude, no one can stop you from being a member of the MCRmy; we're a family." But she still can't listen to it. Some parents do NOT get it.

That sort of thing bums me out. My mum gets My Chem confused with every other band I listen to/most things I like, but she looked at a photograph of Frank the other day and said "He looks like you." :huh:

Well when they go to "family therapy" as she called it, Georgie says she's gonna mention the ban on MCR. If she gets unbanned from listening, I'm gonna lend her my CDs.

when i tell peope my favorite band is My chemical Romance they always say "That's gay."

Only very few people have told me "oh are they good?" or "who are they?" and only 2 people have told me "HOLY SHIT REALLY! THEY"RE MY FAVORITE BAND TOO!"

so that's nice.

My mother inherently thinks they're immature. Like the other night i mentioned that hilarious picture of Frank wearing a cheesehead and of course she decided that was just such a silly immature boyish thing to do and i just starred at her and said, "That's because Frank's funny, mom." Oh and she seems to think nobody knows who they are. Pssshhh. Oh how little she knows.

I'm just kind of proud that my family actually knows them my name and face. That's better than some of my friends, oddly enough. Though sometimes my mom gets Frank and Gerard mixed up <___>

Well when they go to "family therapy" as she called it, Georgie says she's gonna mention the ban on MCR. If she gets unbanned from listening, I'm gonna lend her my CDs.

If this happens to anyone again, play "I Don't Love You" for the therapist and they therapist will realise it's the best breakup song ever written; and I am sure recommend an un-ban.

Dad (through the door, while I'm listening to Desolation Row): "What is that music? No I can't even call it music, it's just noise! How can you listen to that..."

(a little later; we're having dinner): "What was that you were listening to?"

Me: "Desolation Row; My Chemical Romanced covered it. It's an awesome song! Of course it's music..." (getting all defensive)

Dad: "..."

Dad (days later, while I was playing the same song; he walks by...): "Hey, this is really good! This is rock'n'roll!" (starts bobbing his head to the beat)

Me: "You just said a few days ago that this was awful!"

Dad: "What? No, this is good! I really like it" (starts dancing!)

Aww Dad laugh.gif

He does realise that's a Bob Dylan song, right?

P.S. Best music video ever made.

This quote is of another breed known as "younger siblings"

Direct quote: " Did that guy (talking about Gerard) dunk his head in kool aid before doing that video? Because he looks slightly retarded. Maybe he shouldn't make music"

This quote is of another breed known as "younger siblings"

Direct quote: " Did that guy (talking about Gerard) dunk his head in kool aid before doing that video? Because he looks slightly retarded. Maybe he shouldn't make music"

Which video was it?

My mom says they're very weird and creepy, and questions how I could ever like a band like that.

My dad doesn't have much of an opinion on them, but I showed him the Ghost of You video once, and he said it was okay.

My grandmother says she like them a little, and their not as bad as she thought they were (based on my mom's description of them), but she prefers it when their music is turned off. lol

My mum says that I can listen to whatever I want but she doesn't have to like it. She said Gerrard looks like a girl?! No idea where that came from haha. Gerrard and everyone are nothing short of perfect and I wish they get the best in lifes

When i was 15, My Mom said, ' they are most likely all on drugs '...Gerard. Then after a 5 years, she absolutely loved them, because she was forced to be apart of them through me. I also call her Bob, and she is flattered, ( She had Bob's long blondy hair. Fun fact: When i was 16, i secretly bought and MCR ticket, and ran away from home for good, so i could find a way to the city 12 hours away to see them ^_^, and yes, i totally made it. Now i'm 23.