Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

see you in the zone

Things Your Parents Have Said About My Chemical Romance

My mum really doesn't care much , except asking me to grow up, according to her only teenagers listen to 'people screaming incoherent words'. i only nod my head and smirk thinking, 'ha! how ignorant the world is', and then i do my evil laugh, which is kinda weird for those around cause they don't know what i'm thinking and they just look at me like i'm insane, which just makes me laugh even more. its a never ending cycle of evil laughs. :)

my dad just says i shouldn't do drugs. no matter what i'm listening to. *facepalm*

my brother likes MCR! so i hate him a lttle less. ;)

I try not to talk with my family about MCR, they don't have a good reaction (specially my mom, my dad doesn't really care he respect my likes)...

Mom:

Me: *listening to MCR and writing here :) *

Mom: *enters the room* Why are you listening to that awful emo band again?

Me: they're not emo, their songs are great and beautiful

Mom: *really angry* that thing only talk about suicide, you should listen the same thing that your friends listen

Me: where did you get that they talks about suicide???!!! <_<

Mom: I'm worried about you, so I decide to search on the internet about them...

Me: *put headphones again*....

(Don't really know where she read that.... She says that I need to go to a shrink :angry: )

Dad:

Me: *in my room drawing and listening to MCR*

Dad: Are you listening MCR?

Me: yes

Dad: ok, just low the volume, your music gives me a headache

Me: <_< ok

Friends:

Friends:*staring at my MCR posters* You know they are ugly, right?

Me: *trying to stay calm* They're not ugly, but think what you want..

Friends: How can you listen to that kind of music? it's really bad

Me: *think happy thoughts* It's better that Justin Bieber...

Friends: :angry: NOOOO, HE IS A LOT BETTER THAN YOUR STUPID EMO BAND

Me: *keep calm, keep calm* ok.... just drop it, I don't want to fight....

(I don't like to talk about music with them, they get really defensive about that.... There is only one of my friends that respects MCR, although she doesn't like them :) )

Mom (after watching a few minutes of LOTMS): He has such kind eyes!

Not kidding! She really likes MCR (she's over 50 years old). I'm taking her to the moshpit with me when we go see them next time they're in concert. She's the best!

Dad (after watching a few seconds of LOTMS and seeing that Gee has black hair and Frank has tatts): Those guys should be shot.

No joke! Dad says that about all my bands, he likes *shudder* country music.

My Brother (after, well, hearing the song Mama): Savannah, I wish wouldn't listen to death metal.

Ha ha, that last one gets me :-)

No matter what they may say about my heros, I love my whole family to bits!

My mum always gets their name wrong,

And dad just refers to them as 'your band'

WTTBP was on tv the other day and dad said I look like the patient when I'm half asleep in my nightie!

I think my mum secretly likes MCR, she suggested I buy all 4 albums and LOTMS after I borrowed LOTMS from a friend! And once she came into my room just to tell me she loved the song I was playing, which was 'Sing'.

My nana thinks otherwise, I was putting up yet another MCR poster and this was our conversation:

Nana: Who is that?

Me: Gerard Way, lead singer of My Chemical Romance, also seen (pointing at posters) here, here, here, here, here, here, here and here!

Nana: He's creepy, how do you sleep with him on your wall?

Me: I'm sure he's flattered by your kind words...

Nana: (Pointing at Frank) are they brothers, they have the same staring eyes.

Me: No, although (pointing at the poster of Gerard and Mikey) they are brothers.

Nana: ... (Walks out of room)

Then there's my friends. One of my best friends, and my boyfriend and his friends, and a few friends who are in my classes, actually like MCR. One of my other best friends and my ex-friend pretend to like MCR to fit in. My other friends accept everyone for who they are which I'm really grateful for. Although I had a conversation with my ex-friend (she thinks I like her) mentioning MCR it made her look stupid.

Ex-friend: Omg I was talking to the guy I fancy aaalll weekend!!!

Me: Good for you...

Ex-friend: We have so much in commen!! We both watch friends, we are both MCR's like, biggest fans!! His fave MCR song is Mama, which is my fave too!!!!

Me: I don't really care...

Ex-friend: Fine!!

(Later that day)

Me: (playing Mama on my phone)

Ex-friend: (giving me strange looks)

Me: Don't you like this song?

Ex-friend: I don't know this song.

Me: But do you like it?

Ex-friend: No it's not my style.

Me: Oh, well it's Mama by My Chemical Romance!

Ex-friend: Haha I was kidding, I love this song!!!

My brother while we were watching Reading, where the American Widow is up there in lights: "That spider looks like it was drawn by a three-year-old."

I tried to defend it but I was laughing too hard, because I realised that he has a point. The design looks effortless. It's not.

My mom just asked me what is MCR's bassists name?

10 minutes later

she throws a pillow at me, cause i have zoned out.

i tell her.

she says 'thanks' and turned back to the computer.

15 more minutes later

i keep staring at her.

she asks me to stop doing that.

i later learn she was doing a G.K. Quiz. still weird though.

My mom says the same thing about MCR that she says about all my music: that it's all just "noise" and only bands like The Beatles, America, The Four Tops, The Temptations, etc. are "real" music, and that concerts are no fun anymore because all people do anymore is jump into the crowd and nobody does the Lindy Hop, the Twist, the Cakewalk, etc. anymore. In short, she basically suffers from Nostalgia Filter (though to be fair, she doesn't even like older metal bands. Nothing harder than The Eagles).

you cant go wrong with the Beatles.....im a sucker for old rock n roll.....if you've never heard Buddy Holly you need to. he was the true begining of modern day rock n roll..1957.........sorry i love oldies as much as mcr

(Don't really know where she read that.... She says that I need to go to a shrink :angry: )

)

my mom thinks i need to see a shrink in general......

lucky for me they already went through the arguing about mcr being emo with my bro 8years ago, shortly after i started listening to them and my parents gave up. My mom completley ignores everything i listen too because she says,...and i quote..."You and your brother have weird taste in music" but when she needs help making a slide show or anything with music involved..."Can you pick out the songs you always pick out good ones"..........she cant make up her mind on the subject

my dad dosent really pay attention to my music choices except when he takes me to record stores....my dad and i both share a passion for Queen....he was too into singing Bohemian rhapsody and completley ignored whatever i bought haha

as for my brother, well he;'s the one that showed me all the music i listen too so i know he loves it

as far as friends mine are split between the "Ewww mcr is emo" and "TICKETS JUST WENT ON SALE FOR THE MCR CONCERT WE ARE SOOO GETING PIT SEATS!!!!"

gotta love music and how it brings people together <3

My dad: My chavical romance... god I hear this band almost as much as I hear justin bieber... (although I have found him turning the cd's up when they are playing in my car) he also sings the "purple people eater" over the top of na na na

My Mum: knows all the words to all the songs!!1

and my sisters... queued with me for twelve hours to see the band!!

I <3 my family lol xx

Listening to Welcome to the Black Parade on full volume in the car:

Dad:

Wow, is this by Queen? This sounds like Queen

Me:

Dad, this is My Chemical Romance! but i'll be sure to pass the message along :D

Dad:

Add this song to my ipod, I like it

Painting the Danger Day's spider on my door

Mum:

You really are obsessed, aren't you...

Me:

It's not an obsession mum, it's a passion

Telling my mum about California 2019 meetup

mum:

What if you don't like them by then?

Me: HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT OMG WHAT IS AIR HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT MUM, I LOVE THEM I WILL ALWAYS LOVE THEM AND I'M ALREADY SAVING UP DON'T SAY THAT TO ME EVER AGAIN :( :'(

Listening to Welcome to the Black Parade on full volume in the car:

Dad:

Wow, is this by Queen? This sounds like Queen

Me:

Dad, this is My Chemical Romance! but i'll be sure to pass the message along :D

Dad:

Add this song to my ipod, I like it

Painting the Danger Day's spider on my door

Mum:

You really are obsessed, aren't you...

Me:

It's not an obsession mum, it's a passion

Telling my mum about California 2019 meetup

mum:

What if you don't like them by then?

Me: HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT OMG WHAT IS AIR HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT MUM, I LOVE THEM I WILL ALWAYS LOVE THEM AND I'M ALREADY SAVING UP DON'T SAY THAT TO ME EVER AGAIN :( :'(

lol I love this :D xx and you painted the spider on your door?? EPIC!! x

Me: *explaining to my mum about the California 2019 meetup*

Mum: *looks at me weirdly* Ummm.. ok then..

Me: BUT IT'S GOING TO BE AMAZING!!

Mum: *leaves the room*

Haha, she also rolls her eyes whenever I mention them.. She hasn't even listened to their music though.

My mom thinks the music is OK, but says they're "obsessed with death." She also thinks that the meetup of 2019 won't work. "In 7 years, people are gonna have their first kid and not be able to go." (or something like that)

The first time I played my dad Sing: "Hey, this is pretty cool! I might download it and listen to it on my way to work!"

Days later: ..."This band looks like the DEVIL! just no..."

Thats my dad for ya!

My mom kinda likes them! My brother thinks they are gay...my sister ehhh she likes a few songs!

I dont care if I only have like 9 friends...they are THE best in the world and I love them! Haters, go die in a hole! :)

My family even calls me a loser since I listen to them constantly everyday on youtube and in my room...They do not know how much it hurts me.

I'm getting a tattoo with a lyric form WTTBP

I had my grandma copy it in her handwriting, she means so much to me and is my best friend, I can count on her for anything. She rocks.

I told her about Gerard and Mikey how they lost their grandma and they wrote a song for her. She sort of made the connection between the lyric "Sometimes I get the feeling she's watching over me" that I'm getting tattooed and their grandmother. "So he still feels like she's taking care of him after all that time, I know I'll be looking after you both (Me and my sis)."

"They're such sweet boys, and Gerard is a very strong person I'm proud of him and of you for believing in him." *looks at the pictures of him on 3 Cheers and TBP* "Oh my he's very good looking!" and then "He's a nerd, isn't he?" :rolleyes: oh grandma you're the best :P

And then my mom...

*I'm telling someone about how some kids need a good example and its not always a teen idol cause they're usually addicts and what not and how some of the things labeled as bad and dangerous, rock bands like my chem can help more cause they understand what the youth is going through*

Mom: yeah remember we found out about them together. I thought who was that guy in the red eye make up and funny cut hair (Frank).

another time: "Helena is my favorite song but, I think Na Na Na is my video"

an this is her about Ray

Mom: *bobs head following Ray's fro as he head-banged* I love his hair, its so... perfect?"

Then we have my sis

Me: I saw this interveiw where Bryar siad he was fond of slippers

My sister: BOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *dives for a pair of pink slippers under her bed*

Sister: I wanna learn Bass

Me: You're freaking me out. You're three years younger than me, weird as heck and the girl!Mikey.

Sister: you keep Gerard, Mikey's where its at. Bass trumps vampire over lord any day!!

XD I loved her for that!!

And my gran is so freaking BA!!!

My mom is the one who gave me the lighter to start the all consuming MCR blaze in my head/heart

yeah... they're pretty cool.... at times

My mom recently said and I quote "I think I would enjoy going to My Chemical Romance concert with you." This is coming from the woman who a couple months ago said if she knew I liked Revenge when it came out that she wouldn't have let me see them live let alone listen to them. What an interesting change of heart! Maybe she is becoming more open to them :)

My mom recently said and I quote "I think I would enjoy going to My Chemical Romance concert with you." This is coming from the woman who a couple months ago said if she knew I liked Revenge when it came out that she wouldn't have let me see them live let alone listen to them. What an interesting change of heart! Maybe she is becoming more open to them :)

Isn't that great? I'm always hoping that my parents will have a change of heart as well.

"My baby is on TV! Look at his fillings!" or something along those lines when Gerard was singing for the VMA's (I think, black parade outfit.. on top of a building, children singing)

you could see his fillings lol

She also thinks that the meetup of 2019 won't work. "In 7 years, people are gonna have their first kid and not be able to go."

I'm almost 24. If I have a kid by then, it just means they're coming with me or my future husband is babysitting ^_^

Nothing can stop the 2019 meetup!!! AND feel free to tell your mom I said this ;)

I'm getting a tattoo with a lyric form WTTBP

I had my grandma copy it in her handwriting, she means so much to me and is my best friend, I can count on her for anything. She rocks.

I told her about Gerard and Mikey how they lost their grandma and they wrote a song for her. She sort of made the connection between the lyric "Sometimes I get the feeling she's watching over me" that I'm getting tattooed and their grandmother. "So he still feels like she's taking care of him after all that time, I know I'll be looking after you both (Me and my sis)."

"They're such sweet boys, and Gerard is a very strong person I'm proud of him and of you for believing in him." *looks at the pictures of him on 3 Cheers and TBP* "Oh my he's very good looking!" and then "He's a nerd, isn't he?" oh grandma you're the best

Everything about all your stories were incredible, but your gran is the best!! When you get the tattoo, would you please add it to the tattoo thread? I would love to see how it turns out. Please share more stories in the future, I really loved your family's reactions to MCR

Isn't that great? I'm always hoping that my parents will have a change of heart as well.

I believe my mom had a small change of heart because she can see what this band has done for my sister :)

We'll see what happens