Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

see you in the zone

Things Your Parents Have Said About My Chemical Romance

So, i know, if my parents are anything to go by, this breed of people seem to have some strange things to say about My Chemical Romance for example, my mum:

They look like girls. Look at them. All girly, look at him, flicking his hair. Awww princess.

You listening to your girl band?

My dad

Gerards very camp huh (after Reading festival) he likes to slap his butt and shake his hips.

TURN IT UP, NA NA NA NA NA

'Sings all the lyrics right' *stares at him*

I like them, some bands are full of olot of shit, their not, their anti rock and roll.

He calls Frank the short one, Ray 'the hairy guy' and Mikey. the brother.

And even other family and friends,

my sister:

she calls Ray 'cupcake'

Why. i still do not understand. since she saw LOTMS, and him stick his hand in that cupcake.

So, basically, anything anyone has said about my chemical romance, specially, that breed called 'parents'

xoxo

p.s my mum called me an emo the other day!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD??!

A boy in my maths class in a lesson where we where doing about how likely things are:

Him: It is impossible MCR will ever write a good song.

Me: *Screaming in his face about how awesome they truly are, but in the end giving another boy my lunch so he can punch him. The MCR hater ended up hitting him back getting caught and moved down a maths set. Happy ending*

My Dad commenting on my posters:

Dad: When are you going to have a good looking boy on your wall instead of some that are criping in blood and have fake hair.

Me; :o what are you on about they are perfect, plus your a guy so you can't think that another boy is good looking unless your gay!

My mom looking at pictures of them on the internet:

Mom: You have got to be joking me... you like them!

Me: Why is the world blind? there amazing.

Mom: they look kinda emo..y

Me: what's that supposed to mean?!

My Dad commenting on my posters:

Dad: When are you going to have a good looking boy on your wall instead of some that are criping in blood and have fake hair.

Me; :o what are you on about they are perfect, plus your a guy so you can't think that another boy is good looking unless your gay!

I might have the same poster in my room :lol:. My mum's comment is similar: "what's with all the blood on him in your poster?" (she's really only seen MCR now, not the old MCR...)

Mum: "Has Gerard ever been in a relationship with another man?"

...how do I answer that O_O ...

Mum (after she saw some of the Desolation Row music video I was watching): "He (Gerard)'s so pale! He doesn't look well. I prefer the newer MCR..."

This isn't parents reaction, it was a reaction of my friend. This friend, a year ago started judging me because I liked Paramore, she even said to me "Hayley should stick to normal music like when she did aeroplanes with b.o.b!" And it annoyed me and we had a fall out but then she apologised, anywxy back to MCR.

Friend: What's your phone wallpaper?

Me: Gerard Wxy, lead singer of My Chemical Romance

Friend: Eww he's hideous!

Me: It's not the best picture

*I find a picture of the whole band in killjoy gear*

Friend: They'll all hideous!!! And his hair is the worst!!

Me: No they're not!! And Ray's fro is awesome!!

Friend: I bet their music is awful!

Me: You haven't even heard them!

Friend: Well, I still bet their music is awful!

And then we met some other friends so I couldn't defend MCR anymore. But I don't wanna fall out with that friend again because when she isn't offending my music taste she has a great sense of humour and gives great advice.

Dad:

They're a cult. I don't like you listening to their music.

Mom (seeing Helena):

He [Gerard] looks like Voldemort.

Mom (seeing Gerard in Sing):

That's a good-looking guy!

My mom on Gerard (watching The Ghost of You): Woah he handsome look at his hair :lol:

Mom on Gerard (watching Helena after seeing Ghost and i point and say that thats the same guy): thats him???? nevermind <_<

Mom on Frank while watching MCR on Yo Gabba Gabba (Frank jumps up and down with a huge grin on his face :D) : The one on Purple is gay

1. i convinced my mom MCR was awesome when i explained to her how they did a song for Gerard n Mikey's grandmother after she passed away and dedicated the album to her.

ever since then, anything 'strange' they do is completely forgiven for the sake of art cause as she puts it,

"They're good boys. They love their grandmother!"

hint: she's a grandmother :lol:

2. I told her a bit about how mixed they all are and how it was tough in Jersey and they wanted to help people post 9/11 so she respects them for making themselves.

I showed mom Gerard's art and explained some of it. She was all for me finding a guy like him ;)

"you always go for the brains don't you sweetheart?"

and yea she thinks he's cute but not for the reason we do. its cause he has my nephews same nose! :P

"Its cause they're both part Italian!"

she loves her baby boi

3. 'Welcome to the Black Parade' is her fave song from what she's heard.

We both feel like its about Dad.

She knows that it was this song which helped bring me back (to her, as she puts it) from the depression after his death.

"they're right. he is a hero"

(about when the patient is honored with a medal at the end of the clip)

for that she LOVES the bois.

I love my mom cause she believes in fairies. B)

mom: (we had a conversation about the glenn beck stuff, so i played her "sing") "that song wasn't so bad."

dad: (after i played "i'm not okay") "did you pick that song because i'm old?"

(after i gave him a copy of DD) "i liked some of the songs, others not so much."

my parents have learned that my taste in music is a lot different than theirs :lol:

Dad (through the door, while I'm listening to Desolation Row): "What is that music? No I can't even call it music, it's just noise! How can you listen to that..."

(a little later; we're having dinner): "What was that you were listening to?"

Me: "Desolation Row; My Chemical Romanced covered it. It's an awesome song! Of course it's music..." (getting all defensive)

Dad: "..."

Dad (days later, while I was playing the same song; he walks by...): "Hey, this is really good! This is rock'n'roll!" (starts bobbing his head to the beat)

Me: "You just said a few days ago that this was awful!"

Dad: "What? No, this is good! I really like it" (starts dancing!)

Aww Dad :lol:

I freaked my dad out the other day, he has a new android tablet thing and was looking at music, he asked me to name a group I said mcr so he typed it in and their music came up, he then played the intros to the songs asking me if I knew what they were called I got them straight away from the first few bars and he was astonished and said you really do like that band don't you? Heehee

My parents love them. But the amount of insults/crap my mum has said about the Yo Gabba Gabba thing, and actually the Danger Days "era" as a whole is too much to quote

Me: *showing dad

pics from

first MCR show*

Dad: So which one was on LA Ink?

Me:

to Frankie* That one, his name's Frank.

Dad: *looks at picture

very

seriously for a few seconds* Is he a midget?

Me:

XD................No

dummy..................XD

Hahahahahahahaha

EPIC!

My mom always asks me: "Why do you listen to that "emo" band?", and when I'm in my room listening to Danger Days, she tells my step dad that I'm "listening to my weird music again."

My step dad is normally blasting hard rock and screamo, so he just laughs at her reaction.

But my little brother, whose two, loves MCR. He yells "Na Na Na" when I'm on the computer until I start playing it.

My boyfriend has been forced to listen to MCR and become a part of the MCRmy because of me, but his brother facepalms every time I bring the band up around him. I laughed when his girlfriend made him sing Teenagers at our school's open mic night once.

My mom makes it all awkward and I have only met my dad twice.

Mom:

*Seeing a picture of Gerard* That is a good looking man.

*I played Sing* Inspirational, so what were you going to play for me?

Almost the entire timne she was reading. But she does like Gerard and Frank.

Dad:

*After seeing Desolation row* No! I said no! None of that!

You have no authority over me. You were never there, you never sent child support, and the one time I pick up the phone when you called you hung up on me. You have nothing on me. You left me alone in an arcade and you don't talk to me when we are together. Go lick a hobo for all I care. I don't care if you like me or not!

Cousin:

*pointing* He (Mikey) is a vampire!

*I shake my head* No. No he is not.

Fro man is an evil villain controlled by guitars.

*I leave the room*

My mom says the same thing about MCR that she says about all my music: that it's all just "noise" and only bands like The Beatles, America, The Four Tops, The Temptations, etc. are "real" music, and that concerts are no fun anymore because all people do anymore is jump into the crowd and nobody does the Lindy Hop, the Twist, the Cakewalk, etc. anymore. In short, she basically suffers from Nostalgia Filter (though to be fair, she doesn't even like older metal bands. Nothing harder than The Eagles).

my folks have pretty good music taste and my mum likes danger days i think and i think my dad likes the songs i have played from the other albums :) he was singing prison all wrong one time and it was v.funny XD one time i was at my aunts and i dont remember why but we were talking about them and my aunt asked are they attractive i went into a long rant how its not all about their looks its the music and bla bla bla and my mum just nodded at her XD