river

Currently Reading

I don't think thar flow chart has the right number of options or nerdism.

did anyone else read that in John Green voice?

forgot to say that i finally finished game of thrones. it was really good, but i'll have to wait to read the rest of the series.

back on wizards at war, now.

I keep meaning to read th book since I adore the show and the wolves and their take on dragons even though I usually find them droll .

Winterfell sounds amazing. I love the families and the realm and just

dhdjhfjdak

they blend real and the fantastic bits well.

CREEPY BLONDE DUDE FROM DOCTOR WHO AND THE IRON LADY

SO GOOD AT PSYCHO

Damn

Lyra's parents are fucking insane.

0.o

Poor Rodger

on to book 2!

I don't understand who the "good" side is in the dark materials. Both of Lyra's parents are horrible people who kill and torture kids.

-_-

Shit is pissing me off.

Lyra better kick some ass or that bear needs to eat them.

Lyra & Will's side is [meant to be seen as] the good side.

Both her parents are deluded and messed up, but they think they are doing what is right. Showing both sides of fanaticism is largely the point. Neither of the people involved are entirely good or bad. It makes sense in the last book when the goals of each side is explained -- I can't really say anything without major spoilers. It's not clean-cut good and evil because it's meant to make children and young adults question the world for themselves.

I get it's not black and white as the point but I'm still annoyed. I like the knife thing and the "sign" or mark of the bearer and all the worlds cutting into each other. Not sure how I feel about the cats....they're just not wolves.

I'm reading nothing but textbooks <_< Once I finish soon though I will definitely start reading something but have yet to determine what that something will be... maybe Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I'd been wanting to read that for a while but haven't read a book for fun in a year. Any other recommendations or ideas?

Sulfur, have you ever read White Oleander by Janet Fitch? I think it might be something you'd like, though it is very sad.

I just finished the book of lost things. I liked it a lot! :) Not sure what I will start next yet, but it will probably be after finals.

the trilogy was a great summer read for me. i've only seen the first movie (the swedish version) and it was definitely more intense than the book...

also weird to watch with my dad :lol:

I watched Black Swan on Christmas Eve with my whole family, aunts, cousins, parents,

that was awkward

and my aunt was SHOCKED that she became a swan at the end.

like she didn't get the "subtle" hints.

i think i saw black swan with my mom, too... or, i saw it with my boyfriend, and my mom was in the same theater.

but my mom is cool. we watch dexter together :lol:

my dad... not so much. but we saw the movie since we had both read the books. it was still weird...

bith my parents loved it

my mom loved watching Buffy with me and wants to see Joss Whedon's new film.

I'm currently reading Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy, nearly 150 years old and originally Russian (reading it in Norwegian). It's about love and society and all the normal stuff. I saw a theatre adaption of it and decided I had to read it.

just received the lola quartet by emily st. john mandel.

"a young man returns in disgrace

to the florida town of his birth to begin searching

for a daughter he has only recently learned may exist and who

might be in considerable danger."