river

Currently Reading

catcher in the rye is one of my favorite books.

i had to read it twice to fully appreciate it, though.

and you kinda have to read it to the end to "get it"... my ex got fed up with the narrator halfway through and stopped reading, which meant that i could negate all of his complaints about it, having read to the end :lol:

I enjoyed Catcher in the Rye too, but I could see how anyone could get fed up with the narrator. Hahaha.

I just bought Mockingjay. :D

Does anyone have shelfari? http://www.shelfari.com/ It's really neat. :)http://www.shelfari.com/liareads is my profile in case anyone wants to "follow" me. Basically you can catalog the books you read, want to read, own, want to own, etc. And you can join groups and if you follow others see what they're currently reading and whatever. :)

Oh, dude, that shirt. I love it!

Yeah, I found I had to sit down and really read a lot in one go, because just one chapter at a time didn't the narrative enough time to become part of the background, if that makes sense. Once I got into the way it was told, I sort of liked it because it's how people (well, I) tend to think - lots of repettition and mutterings.

Finished Brave New World.

wasn't impressed.

didn't hate it but I didn't love it. May re-read it at some point but in no rush.

trying to finish David Copperfield right now.

boring university stuff

dry.gif

I quite liked Catcher in The Rye, but it will frustrate you since Holden Caulfield is pretty much meant to be annoying and immature.

read it in college, and I'm only really starting to find it was actually one of those books I've really enjoyed. I'm bummed I lost my own raggedy copy though.

right now i'm stuck between reading for my surrealism class, game of thrones, and wizards at war.

and i have to read story of the eye next week as well, which will be interesting...

Ahaha Oh no. If you already hate her going on and on, just wait.

I really want John Dies At The End.

That one's an absurd, weird book in the best ways.

I'm interested to see what the movie will be like.

Rachel, I envy your Surrealism class!

& reading Story of the Eye after a children's book (Wizards at War) should be interesting O_O

she over describes thing like Bella

and her memory transitions annoy me.

It's like every time I start to like something, something else pisses me off.

haha, i tried to start story of the eye while i was in the airport, and i read the first page and was like WHOA this is not a good thing to read in public.

the first page kind of reminded me of lolita, though.

i read a bit of the philosophy of andy warhol instead. i really like it so far.

Okay, Okay... the Twilight series... ;)Everyone seemed to either love it or hate it... so I decided to check it out, Don't judge a book by is cover right!? :P It's too romance-y for me (her being ObSeSsEd ove Edward) :blink: But hey...

I WOULD recomend the 'House Of Night' Series... I'm not usually vampire obsessed... <_<

&& 'The Hunger Games' really wanna see the movie! :P