river

Currently Reading

It creeps me out that her "Mortal Instruments" series takes it's name from trashy Ron/Ginny incest fanfic she wrote. But I still want to read at least City of Bones for the lulz.

Yeah, the ending of Raw Shark Texts is really strange, ambiguous, and nonsensical. People love it or hate it.

But I love all of the characters to death, and I like how much it reminds me of childhood imagination by building pretend things out of junk. And Ian is the greatest of all asshole cats.

Brave New World is boring? I was planning to start reading that next.

I really enjoyed the book's concept on immortality and how it was achieved. Mr. Nobody was so creepy and pathetic--I loved it. The letter bombs and un spaces. I also love love love how those words were images. So much about this book. A definite re-read.

Damn.

I usually like weird.

I have to start it again.

it wasn't so much that the book or plot was weird. it just gave me a weird feeling. like lord of the flies. i didn't like that book, because it was unsettling to me... idk.

I didn't like lord of the flies because it bored me and I hate kids and I had trouble deciding on what "fair looking boy" meant to me.

reading perks of being a wallflower. so far, it's okay. i find it hard to believe that a teenager is so naive about... everything. but i'm also a bit weirded out, because i (a 19 year old college student) can really relate to the narrator (a 15/16 year old freshman in high school.) i'll probably finish it tonight, so we'll see if it's as "deeply affecting" and "powerful" as the summary on the back of the book says it is.

I'm a little past halfway through Brave New World after starting it yesterday.

I love it, even though the characters are annoying.

But I liked Lord of the Flies and hated Catcher in the Rye, so *shrug*

reading perks of being a wallflower. so far, it's okay. i find it hard to believe that a teenager is so naive about... everything. but i'm also a bit weirded out, because i (a 19 year old college student) can really relate to the narrator (a 15/16 year old freshman in high school.) i'll probably finish it tonight, so we'll see if it's as "deeply affecting" and "powerful" as the summary on the back of the book says it is.

It's one of those books where if you read it at 14 it's ~life-changing~ but it fails to have much of an impression on anyone over 17.

I hope to finish Brave New World this week. My head hurts and not feeling too great lately.

I like the comment on society and so on but I don't love it. It doesn't have a wow impact on me yet. Perhaps as I get further along this could change.

Just went a little crazy at the library but I got

-Veronika Decides to Die

-The Collector

-Her Fearful Symmentry

-Three Tales Of Chemcial Romance (didn't finish the last story)

-Watchmen

-A couple dozen books by Allan Moore

*checks her bookbag*

and then some ;)

It's one of those books where if you read it at 14 it's ~life-changing~ but it fails to have much of an impression on anyone over 17.

it definitely wasn't ~life-changing~ but it was a good read. the ending almost ruined it, though.

now i'm reading a wizard of mars by diane duane. it's the ninth book in a series i loved when i was younger.

I have three days to finish it.

Have no real need to.

I don't like when books don't give you that drive to finish them.

i re rented brave new world to finish it but alas

also random thought

are librarians pimps and books hookers??? we went them for pleasure......in a sense....get charged extra if they are late....

Well, the library is free unless the books are late so I don't know if that analogy exactly fits. :P

I finished Catching Fire! Now I just need to read Mockingjay and I can contribute to Hunger Games discussions fully/without fear of spoilers. Hoorah!

are librarians pimps and books hookers??? we went them for pleasure......in a sense....get charged extra if they are late....

Holyshit yes!

In other news, I read 'The Catcher in the Rye' last weekend, and having had time to reflect I think I quite like it. It's full of crazy people.