river

Currently Reading

I mostly grew out of fantasy epics in my teens, but I'm such a huge fan of that series. However, to me at least, the books aren't as good as the HBO series. I mainly see them as a companion to the show, since they give more detail into what is going on. That being said, the third book is hands down the best, so hopefully you and your friend will continue reading at least through that one (despite how tedious book 2 is)

how many books are there in the series?

it might take me awhile to read them, since i have reading to do for school and stuff, but i'm always up for a good series.

how many books are there in the series?

it might take me awhile to read them, since i have reading to do for school and stuff, but i'm always up for a good series.

There are 5 so far. At 700+ pages each, yeah, they'll take a while to get through.

The author plans for a total of 7, but he's pretty old and takes several years to write each book, so everyone is praying he doesn't drop dead first. He's such an IRL troll the way he kills off the most-loved characters, he would die before finishing the series as his final trolling act.

Bonus George R.R. Martin meme:

GOT-troll.png

& Yes, Laine, the wolves are featured in the books more.

Cassandra Clare pisses me off and amuses me greatly. Like the first half of one of her books was very entertaining and then it gets really lame, cheesey and awkward.

she cannot write evil.

I am currently re-reading Battle Royale by Koushun Takami

and I'm listening to the audiobook of Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. His reading voice is wonderful.

plus a ton of articles and textbooks for school

Love battle royale, the film is equally good

I recently acquired (well recently = today) Roald Dahl's 'Phizz-Whizzing Collection'.

I am going to work my way through all 15 books. I have started with 'Boy - Tales of childhood' love this book so stoked to be finally re-reading it again after so many years, my original copy is falling apart, with the pages all torn and such.

i'm only 1/4 of the way through a game of thrones, but the wolves are making me really sad.

partly because stuff is sad, and partly because they make me miss my own dog D:

it gets worse, doesn't it...

(i would be farther along, but i didn't start actually reading until a day or two ago.)

I finished the Raw Shark Texts. It really was a less pretentious House of Leaves. The book was good but I'm still not sure how I feel about how it ended and how I feel about the last few bits of it. I liked the humor of it and the concepts. Ward was interesting.

I'm on American Gods now. I love mythology and I love Neil Gaiman. It's what I expect from his so far. I'm also trying to finish David Copperfield and I finally got my hands on a copy of The Time Machine. Like always, better than the film. I like how unresolved it was at the end, that you don't know the names of the characters or who the narrator is.

Brave New world is boring.

Thats my book update.

Well I'm reading two books right now. The Hunger Games and Someone is Hiding on Alcatraz Island. The hunger games is really good but in some parts it's sad. Someone is Hiding on Alcatraz Island is really stupid and not planned well. But I have to read it for school so nothing I can do about it.

Cassandra Clare pisses me off and amuses me greatly. Like the first half of one of her books was very entertaining and then it gets really lame, cheesey and awkward.

she cannot write evil.

It creeps me out that her "Mortal Instruments" series takes it's name from trashy Ron/Ginny incest fanfic she wrote. But I still want to read at least City of Bones for the lulz.

I finished the Raw Shark Texts. It really was a less pretentious House of Leaves. The book was good but I'm still not sure how I feel about how it ended and how I feel about the last few bits of it. I liked the humor of it and the concepts. Ward was interesting.

I'm on American Gods now. I love mythology and I love Neil Gaiman. It's what I expect from his so far. I'm also trying to finish David Copperfield and I finally got my hands on a copy of The Time Machine. Like always, better than the film. I like how unresolved it was at the end, that you don't know the names of the characters or who the narrator is.

Brave New world is boring.

Thats my book update.

Yeah, the ending of Raw Shark Texts is really strange, ambiguous, and nonsensical. People love it or hate it.

But I love all of the characters to death, and I like how much it reminds me of childhood imagination by building pretend things out of junk. And Ian is the greatest of all asshole cats.

Brave New World is boring? I was planning to start reading that next.

Im reading The Twilight saga: Breaking Dawn

(been tryin to finish tht book since 6th grade! im in HS now!) :)

It's not worth spending all that time trying to get through.

To be fair when I started Brave New World, I wasn't in the reading mood, so I'm going to go back to it and maybe my opinion will change.

Damn.

I usually like weird.

I have to start it again.

The Time Machine distracts me so

I just really love time travel pieces.