river

Currently Reading

Yep, think I read one or two chapters before I let it lay there and gather dust... I am considering just giving up and find something else that I might actually read. The library may want it back (who am I kidding? I’ve already renewed my loan twice, no one else want it, so they really don’t care)

I like it a lot, both the chemist and the host, but off course, I love twilight as well. And it’s always a romance between two people who shouldn’t fit together, so you have to like that. And I might be getting to old to love youth books this much, but I guess I never grow out of that. 

I think once you love a book, you probably have some level of love for it forever. I reread the Percy Jackson series last year and it was like getting a hug... I'm about 10 years older than the target age group but honestly who cares.

I think that’s true! Some books kind off feel like old friends. And when I’ve read them before I already know how they’ll make me feel, so I can handpick the feeling I want. It’s not like the first time, when everything is new and unexpected, but I don’t risk any big emotions when I’m not prepared. The last year have not been the year to put a lot off extra emotion on top. 

But I guess I’ve always been that weird person who rereads books as a norm, and not as an exception. 

I mean i read slightly obsessively, and i got through three 500 page ish novels yesterday simply to kill time i should have been doing schoolwork in, but that might just be because my house always has had and always will have too many books in it. ( to  give you some knid of idea, ive got about 300 or 400 in my bedroom alone, and both of my siblings are the same)

22 hours ago, MajorSunshine said:

I think that’s true! Some books kind off feel like old friends. And when I’ve read them before I already know how they’ll make me feel, so I can handpick the feeling I want. It’s not like the first time, when everything is new and unexpected, but I don’t risk any big emotions when I’m not prepared. The last year have not been the year to put a lot off extra emotion on top. 

EXACTLY.

28 minutes ago, M.G. said:

I mean i read slightly obsessively, and i got through three 500 page ish novels yesterday simply to kill time i should have been doing schoolwork in, but that might just be because my house always has had and always will have too many books in it. ( to  give you some knid of idea, ive got about 300 or 400 in my bedroom alone, and both of my siblings are the same)

3 500 page novels in a day? Holy shit, I thought I read fast.

Currently reading Pandora's Jar by Natalie Haynes

im not a huge fan of actually sleeping so i spend a lot of time drawing/reading/writing in the dark

i think my favourite was rebecca by daphne du maurier ( i have read it before but its so creepy i love it)

On 1/16/2021 at 1:43 PM, M.G. said:

It's a long beginning, but once you're into it it's hard to put down, and the ending is brilliant.

I think I'll wait until I'm on holiday or somewhere I can properly focus and sink my teeth into it.

2 hours ago, MajorSunshine said:

I’ve picked up Far from the maddening crowd again, think I’ll make it this time!

You can do itttt

Still reading Pandora's Jar, but I reread The Scorpio Races over the weekend. I'd forgotten how lovely it is, even though the main topic is flesh eating water horses... 10/10 excellent fantasy read, I would go there on holiday. 

I’m about halfway through now, and it’s a weird book with so many unrealistic people. But I’ll make it to the end!

I need something to start with when I finish this, any suggestions? Flesh eating water horses does sound a little too morbid for me.
I actually ordered the Bell jar from the library after reading your blog, but it might not be in for a month or so. 

The Bell Jar is good but quite heavy. Quite chuffed to have ~ influenced ~ another reader though! I hope you like it. The Scorpio Races is actually quite light, relatively speaking, it's a Young Adult novel so nothing too graphic or gory, and lots of magic - the water horse myth is Celtic, there are Scottish and Irish versions I believe, so it you like magic or myths you'll probably enjoy it?

It actually sounds right up my alley, but my library doesn’t agree. Or at least they don’t have it. Doesn’t seem like it have been translated to Norwegian either. Not that I would need a translated version, but the library is more likely to have books if they’ve been translated. 

Well, I don’t really recommend Thomas hardy to anyone after this book, but I’m satisfied that I got through it. It wasn’t even that heavy, just a bit weird and uninteresting. 

I guess you have to be in the right state off mind to get into the Host. I think it helps that I was super fan off Animorphs as a kid!

Anne of Green Gables is wonderful! I love those books.