river

Currently Reading

So I finished A Curious Woman (good, cheesy but fun) and started Calypso by David Sedaris and it's pretty good so far. It's the first thing I've read by him but he's been heavily recommended to me for a long time. Also Howl's Moving Castle just came through on my Libby so I'll be listening to that asap before it goes back, it's been on my list for a long time. 

4 hours ago, Indifferent Ignorance said:

Finished the Naughts and Crosses trilogy... dude my heart.

really? do you recommend then?

Yes, absolutely. The arc is really satisfying and the characters feel like people I know. Very few characters are likeable (none are likeable throughout) but I think that's why it works. The whole concept is brilliant as well, and it's very well done.

• Like 1

I finished Juliet Takes a Breath and I HIGHLY recommend to add to your lesbian book list. It's YA so not too complicated and just really interesting overall, includes themes of different strains of feminism and the differences between them, women of color interacting with white feminism and intersectionality, and just young adult lesbian romance it's really fun and I loved it. 

I'm now finishing up the Akira series with the last book! It's been a long time coming I'm excited to see how it ends. I read the first one with that Gerard Way book club I was in lol

Added!

Just finished the Artemis Fowl series, it's really sweet and I wish I'd read it about 10 years ago because I would have fallen completely in love.

Aiming to read some books off my shelf... my mum gave me a load and I need to read them before I can borrow or buy any more!

I love Artemis fowl! I did read them when I was a kid, and I guess that made the difference😊 

I’m currently reading the Canadian west saga by Janette Oke. I found it in my parents book shelf. It’s the book behind the Netflix show when calls the heart. Iva watched some seasons, and to be honest I don’t really recognize the story, so I think you can take them in separately. The first book in the serie kind off reminds me off a slightly more modern Jane Austen novel. As in, there’s a few cars, and not as proper and modest, but still old-fashioned, and just some off the feeling. In the middle off the second book now, and I love it! Only problem is I only have the first four books, and I’m already wondering how to get the rest...

Some TV shows are completely different to the books, which I always find strange. Like, what did you use for your source material?

I just finished Lady Chatterly's Lover. It's not bad, I can see why it was banned back in the day because it is quite graphic haha. It's a good read, though, it's a lot more layered than just sex.

It’s really strange! Like, I kinda recognize some off the people, like the main is pretty similar, but then not quite. And the whole story is just completely different. Like just completely different. And the love interest isn’t even named the same. But great books! I love them, and need to figure out a way to get the rest. 

meanwhile I’ll read Przewalski horse by Maja Lunde, cause I have been waiting for it at the library and just got it. The library has a pretty elaborate way to lend out books these days, you have to order, and then there’s a lady(or probably might be a man too...) handing out your books, while this big table is between you to keep distance. Pretty smart! I think they let the books they get back lay untouched for a number off days before cleaning them off and stuff. 

That's such a good idea, I wish my library were still open. They've all closed completely and the e-reader lending library won't work with a Kindle, which is so frustrating! On the plus side, I am reading books I own and haven't gotten around to.

It’s great that they’re able to do that! I’m reading books from my shelves as well, I just have so much more time to read these days. Currently reading the sunrise series by Karen Kingsbury.