river

Currently Reading

He has issues with candy though.

just saying.

Reading Cable comics.

I mean. in terms of marriages, my Marvel hero husband is Spider-Man/Peter Parker

but I think I'm having thi sexy affair with Cable

because

hot damn.

Cable.

he's like John Connor. If raised by Sarah and the Terminator and then left under the guardianship of the First and third Doctor Who's before being kidnapped by 9th.

That's Cable.

when he dies, he just gets displaced in time. That's awesome. when he dies, he just gets sucked into the time vortex and then spat out at random.

• Upvote 1

Matilda or The Twits. Can't recommend him highly enough.

I read The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul on holiday, the story was nice but I fucking hate the phrase 'making love'. Is it just me? YOU CAN WRITE 'SEX'.

ok, cool! yeah, i've heard raves about Matilda (i've also seen the movie, but i know i know, it's different) and The Twits looks hilarious! 

Will definitely check these out!

hehe "making love" what about "making whoopie" hahaha yeah, that is bad! lol idk, making love doesn't really bother me...i mean, especially if that's what it is. (you know, couple in love...well, call me old fashioned) It depends on the context though. I'll agree, if it's just sex, then just say just sex. Right! :P

hehe it says The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul...originally titled A Cup of Friendship. haha THAT I think is so not a good phrase! haha

ooooh wow! Reviews for this one were not too high huh?! hmm 

Just finished Girl Detached by Manuela Salvi. I got an advance copy in the summer and only just got round to it - now I know why everyone's made a fuss. If you find a copy (I think it's out now) I can't recommend it highly enough. I thought it was going to be a slightly soppy coming of age novel about a girl with a stutter, but it's so, so much more.

i have started Intensity by Dean Koontz. Boy is it intense! but, like ...ok, well don't wanna spoil it, but just...idk guess I'm not THAT into horror. I mean, it's good, it's just, eh, i'm bored already...in a way. I mean, it's good writing, but it's just...well i don't wanna spoil it. Just feel it might take some time to finish. Idk! oh well. Better started then never tried. I've had it since high school. haha!

I'm currently reading Nerve by Jeanne Ryan. I was attracted to this book because I saw the advert for the film adaptation but I thought I'd rather read the book first. I'm at page 124 currently and it's been really interesting so far. I would recommend it if you are interested in a book about an Internet dare game.

I recently finished The Night Circus and The Hate U Give, they're both excellent and very different I mean one is about an 1850s magic circus and the other is about police brutality in America I don't know why I put them in the same sentence

• Like 1

I love Jane Eyre! I've read it several times, and I just love going back in time, I love how it makes me feel, and also how it is a happy ending without being to much off a cliche. I'm done with it though, and is currently reading the history off bees, or whatever it's called in English, by maja Lunde. It's a beautiful, enchanting and heartbreaking book, and it's keeping me from sleeping. 

On 28/09/2017 at 8:15 PM, MajorSunshine said:

I love Jane Eyre! I've read it several times, and I just love going back in time, I love how it makes me feel, and also how it is a happy ending without being to much off a cliche. I'm done with it though, and is currently reading the history off bees, or whatever it's called in English, by maja Lunde. It's a beautiful, enchanting and heartbreaking book, and it's keeping me from sleeping. 

I know, Jane Eyre is such a lovely story. I think in English it's The Secret Life of Bees, I loved the film.

Brinn, I am too weeny to read Stephen King. Which should I start with, were I to hypothetically give him a go?

Reading A Feast for Crows and rereading the latest Rick Riordan who needs sleep

18 hours ago, Indifferent Ignorance said:

I know, Jane Eyre is such a lovely story. I think in English it's The Secret Life of Bees, I loved the film.

No, it's not the secret life of bees, it's another book, the history of bees (I googled it :P ). Originally in Norwegian from 2015, but it's apparently doing good in English as well. It's three stories in one, one from 1850, one from 2009 and one from sometime in the future. And the bees are the foundation, but it's more about humanity, caring about each other, caring about the family, sharing the earth... I really recommend it! I'm waiting for her next book to be available at the library (it just came out, but I'm number three in the waiting list). 

While waiting I'm reading Villette, another book by charlotte bronte. If you like the writing style off Jane Eyre, you will like villette as well. 

3 hours ago, Indifferent Ignorance said:

Recently finished They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera, can't recommend it enough. :wub:

Maybe I should find that one next time I'm at the library! What kind of book is it?

I just picked up blue by maja Lunde, the one I talked about earlier, so I'm looking forward to start reading it :) 

It's about two kids who live in a world exactly the same as ours, except there's a company called Death-Cast who give you a phone call on the day you're going to die, so you can get your shit in order and die in peace and all that. The kids get the call from Death Cast and meet using an app for people who are gonna die that day and it goes from there. The title is a GIANT SPOILER but in a really good way? It's been a few weeks since I finished the book and I'm still thinking about it.

Putting Blue on my never ending reading list!

Finished Big Brother by Lionel Shriver yesterday it's so gripping and thought provoking, she writes so well.

Nice! I'm reading this really good book called Love, Hate and Other Filters. I highly recommend- the author takes on some really heavy issues and helps people see it in a different light. Warning though- there is a little sappy love story, and some triggering parts- but all around a good book.