river

Currently Reading

Oh! Almost forgot...so I'm reading Sense and Sensibility now...can those who speak British English help me "translate" this??? hahaha...no, i know it's English, but for someone who's never read Jane Austin (although I can hear the Emma movie dialogue in my head)...this is a bit difficult to follow.

pluggin thru and I already know the plot, but it's exhausting for me...am I in this alone? (someone break this awkward silence. :P)

I need to start my reread! My mom got me the illustrated version of PS/SS and it's beautiful. I didn't realize it would actually be the whole book, though.

I need to start my reread! My mom got me the illustrated version of PS/SS and it's beautiful. I didn't realize it would actually be the whole book, though.

Oh man, I covet that book so much. I thought it would be abridged too, and when I found out it was actually the whole book I almost died.

Oh god I love this! Nearly bought it ages ago, it's so cute.

Isn't it?? We bought it for my dad on our trip to Disneyland last summer

Don't read the hunger games, watch the hunger games.

The books are terribly written, tedious and I don't care about how boring her boots are,

• Upvote 1

I just read The Kite Runner, which I thought I read years ago but clearly I got mixed up because Khaled Hosseini has ripped out my fucking heart again.

I want to be able to write like him.

The Kite Runner is amazing! We read it in book club last year.

Don't read the hunger games, watch the hunger games.

The books are terribly written, tedious and I don't care about how boring her boots are,

Oh I prefer the books to the movies (seen and read them all). I think it's the little "tedious" details that help me lose myself in the story even more. Also, the way they portrayed the mutts in the book is way better than in the movie.

Hmm I think I agree with Laine about the Hunger Games movies. Although I enjoyed the books, the movies are pretty amazing! I think the other thing I didn't like though was Katniss and Peeta's "on fire" outfits, they seemed so much more spectacular in the book.

I have a bunch of story collections sitting on my shelf waiting for me, the works of Edgar Allen Poe, The Grimm Brothers, and selected stories from H.P. Lovecraft (A horror author from my stae, hooray!) I also have The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy in one boxset beautifully wrapped in leather and has this whole vintage feel to it. I love it. Thene there's Oliver Twist, A Brave New World, and some other books that I've already read.

I am still not over it. I am never over his novels  :(

I really should reread The Kite Runner. I have so many books I haven't read at all though...and I kind of want to reread the entirety of the Harry Potter series. :P

I have a bunch of story collections sitting on my shelf waiting for me, the works of Edgar Allen Poe, The Grimm Brothers, and selected stories from H.P. Lovecraft (A horror author from my stae, hooray!) I also have The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy in one boxset beautifully wrapped in leather and has this whole vintage feel to it. I love it. Thene there's Oliver Twist, A Brave New World, and some other books that I've already read.

Oh that sounds interesting! I have The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings, but it's just a normal cardboard or whatever boxset. I really want a cool, vintage version of Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass

Oh that sounds interesting! I have The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings, but it's just a normal cardboard or whatever boxset. I really want a cool, vintage version of Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass

I love Alice in Wonderland! I also have a copy of Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass. It's vintage-ish, it has a book cover on it that has a vintage-ish look to is, and the cardboard covers are covered in a red velvet-ish cloth thing, and has a red silk thingy for marking where I left off. I finished it in about 2 or 3 days and I loved it. It came with a bunch of the original illustrations too, which I loved. It's honestly my favourite children's story ever, if not my favourite story.

I almost always will hate movie adaptions of books because I'm such a book lover, but the Hunger Games novels were definitely overshadowed by how good the movies were in my opinion. The first book was fairly good, the second was a little better, and the last one was a mess. But the movies started great and got subsequently even better with each installment. I was so surprised. (Although, yes, the mutts in the arena were definitely sub-par. they looked like fat CGI pit bulls)

I'm re-reading The Art of Asking.

I love Alice in Wonderland! I also have a copy of Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass. It's vintage-ish, it has a book cover on it that has a vintage-ish look to is, and the cardboard covers are covered in a red velvet-ish cloth thing, and has a red silk thingy for marking where I left off. I finished it in about 2 or 3 days and I loved it. It came with a bunch of the original illustrations too, which I loved. It's honestly my favourite children's story ever, if not my favourite story.

Haha, I can tell from your signature. :P It's probably my favourite too. The illustrations sound awesome!

last post of the night...

gave up on Sense and Sensibility and watched the movie. Omg, sooo good!!! Kate has done it again and brought me to tears with her stunning acting!!! But I really liked the character of the other sister!!!  AMAZING personality!!! <3

still reading, Vonnegut. took a long break, but I picked it up again last night. Can't wait to read more. It was getting interesting again!!!

Taking a break from my HP reread because I just got three amazing books in the mail! The first one I'm reading is Women Who Run With the Wolves. Incredibly excited to dive into this!!!