river

Currently Reading

Rand used to work in the film industry when melodrama was the way to go.

Dominique is pissing me off. I kind of get why she's with Gail but I want to punch her.

I finished Anthony Horowitz's new Sherlock Holmes book, The House of Silk, on Boxing Day (got it for Christmas). It is seriously awesome, and I don't think I thought so because I'm a Sherlock Holmes geek. The new film was pretty sweet too.

I'm also working through the second Skullduggery Pleasant (kids' book), Madame Tussaud, which is surprisingly grim, and Watchmen. Again.

started reading An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. So far very amusing. Though the main character keeps on reminding me of my ex, which isn't amusing.

I also bought this today:

tumblr_lwzln5sVs21r0gny6o1_500.jpg

it's so pretty.

An Abundance of Katherines was pretty good, and I recommend it especially if 1) you like YA novels and 2) you're kinda nerdy and maybe dig child prodigies.

Analysing Newspapers: An Approach from Critical Discourse Analysis by John E. Richardson

(I have to read it for my independent study of MCR in the media next quarter. So excited!)

Now I'm currently reading Quantum Psychology by Robert Anton Wilson. It occasionally makes me feel like my brain is turning inside out, but in a good way.

Slightly off topic, but I have to share this article about what Twilight would have been like if it were written by famous authors. Some of the descriptions sound like such good books, while the others are pretty funny.

And LOL at Ayn Rand's version.

Read it here

YES.

I am reading FINALLY again a book with such promise, Uncle Tom's Cabin is kicking Hearts of Darkness ass in interesting.

and now i'm on paper towns by the same john green.

his stuff is pretty good, even if, so far, it's a bit repetitive (nerdy, socially awkward guy, less socially awkward friend, hot girl, stuff.)

but it's different than a lot of YA i've read, and i like that a lot.

and john green is awesome anyway so.

i'm going to see him and hank on the tour de nerdfighting on the 11th.