river

Currently Reading

my roommate and i have been reading the pretty little liars series... i finished the second one in one evening :lol:

also trudging through the picture of dorian gray

Oh God I've been studying that! What's it like without a teacher explaining why it's so awfully homoerotic?

still very homoerotic

Assuming I pass my licensing test next Saturday, I will be able to read real books again!! I really miss that, since most of my time goes to studying when I'm not at work. Wish me luck! I want to be able to read and have a life again soon :D

• Upvote 1

still very homoerotic

Ah don't tell my English teacher...

I really wanna read The Perks of Being a Wallflower though!

Do it! It took a second read for me to really 'get' it but it's excellent regardless.

Assuming I pass my licensing test next Saturday, I will be able to read real books again!! I really miss that, since most of my time goes to studying when I'm not at work. Wish me luck! I want to be able to read and have a life again soon :D

Good luck! Me too, it's so hard to concentrate on new books when stress is happening. -_-

Oh God I've been studying that! What's it like without a teacher explaining why it's so awfully homoerotic?

The writer was arrested for being too gay.

The writer was arrested for being too gay.

He was arrested and impriosoned for being gay full stop. :( We kept a tally of the amount of times she said "homoerotic" every lesson... The most was eight I think. She kept linking unrelated passages to various characters' sexuality, which was fun at first but we hit our limit first thing on a Monday morning when she started discussing the ancient Olympics and "touching without penetration".

:blink:

Yeah. Many men had gentlemen...friends like that it seems. The man who wrote Dracula was supposed to have "dumped" Wilde in favor of someone else and it made Wilde sad.

Twilight had unaddressed accidentally homoeroticness written by someone who believes homosexuality is more wrong than.....anyone. That is, if she is a devout Mormon.

are you going to watch the host?

He was arrested and impriosoned for being gay full stop. :( We kept a tally of the amount of times she said "homoerotic" every lesson... The most was eight I think. She kept linking unrelated passages to various characters' sexuality, which was fun at first but we hit our limit first thing on a Monday morning when she started discussing the ancient Olympics and "touching without penetration".

:blink:

lol i had an art history teacher in high school who was like that... got waaaaaay too into sexual things about art for a class of 16-18 year olds :lol:

I've never seen any of her interviews but I really really REALLY liked The Host. It's much better than Twilight. I'm gonna try to go to the 10 PM or midnight release of it...very excited for it!

Sex is natural. We make it weird because we're humans and over think and need "exciting" and "shocking" things.

Madonna had that sex book, where it was just fantasy nude poses and sexual positions.

So it's only awkward to read that stuff, if you make it weird.

I won't be, the book's on my shelf but I've not read it...

Meyer interview: http://www.guardian....ost?INTCMP=SRCH Unsure what I think of her...

I think she may have been sheltered. Mormons can be very Puritan about things. They have disturbing views on many things such as sex. Where it's almost made to be feared. They also have to have a stockade of food for the end of the world.

Yeah. Many men had gentlemen...friends like that it seems. The man who wrote Dracula was supposed to have "dumped" Wilde in favor of someone else and it made Wilde sad.

Nope.

You have that mixed up. Stoker was never with Wilde. The lady who Oscar Wilde wanted to marry ended up marrying Bram Stoker instead.

Oscar Wilde's most famous male lover was Lord Alfred Douglas, who is said to be the inspiration for Dorian.

The Vampire Diaries - The Return: Nightfall by Lisa Jane Smith

Love this series but it's extremely looooooooong and I'm starting to get bored... even though I love it to death <3