river

Currently Reading

charlotte bronte! her writing is too flowry, but my english teacher/mentor reminds me of mr. rochester, so whenever i have a lack of reading material, i go to jane eyre. don't laugh. i love romantic novels.

I liked the book Emily Bronte' wrote, "Wuthering Heights". It's like a life long vengence that stretched into their next generation of children until finall they both died. lol and I liked the romantic novel Pride and Predjudice by Jane Austin. That was kinda random but Jane Eyre remindeed me of Austin by their names...

Jane Eyre.

she gets locked up in a hut in secret for bringing shame into the family by being insane.

and the Fountainhead

it starts of slow and gradually you start to care about the characters and their obvious and well deserved downfall

I'm catching up on a lot of classics I missed over winter break because I discovered the eReader on my phone has many of them for free. Yes!

This month, I read:

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Dracula

Jane Eyre

and White Fang

As I can't find my book light to read a paper book I will have to resort to those free ones on my eReader that I have yet to finish:

A Tale of Two Cities

Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea

The Art of War

The Scarlet Letter (which I have already read, but it has been years since.)

Any suggestions as to which one I should take on next would be appreciated. :]

A Tale of Two Cities

that was my favorite from my ninth grade english class :)

Awesome! I remember that it was an optional summer reading for one of my high school English classes, but I never got around to it. I think we could choose between it and Brave New World. I chose the latter.

I just got The Lost Gate by Orson Scott Card from the library. I haven't started reading it yet but it sounds interesting. :)

Luke and Laura started out like that on Days of Our Lives and everyone loved it.

I'm a sick person and it's my kind of thing. But it's more than the rape it's their whole view on love, how they treat each other and the people around them.. God Peter and Ellsworth are fucked people. I almost feel bad for Catherine.

Um im reading my script for theatre class lol :D but seriously now im reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower again ever since my english teacher lend me his copy its been my favorite book its such a vivd way of sharing a coming of age story :D anyone read it or heard of it?

I remember all the teenagers raving about The Perks of Being a Wallflower back when it first came out. I still haven't gotten to reading it. It's pretty short, so I should squeeze it in at some point. Especially since the movie is coming out, and I want to read the book before I'm stuck viewing the actors as the characters.

Luke and Laura started out like that on Days of Our Lives and everyone loved it.

I'm a sick person and it's my kind of thing. But it's more than the rape it's their whole view on love, how they treat each other and the people around them.. God Peter and Ellsworth are fucked people. I almost feel bad for Catherine.

Wasn't that General Hospital? Because then Lucky was their kid, right?

I used to watch it with my mom as a kid. I loved when it's spin-off, Port Charles, made a daring turn to the supernatural by incorporating a crazy split-personality vampire obsessed with seducing a girl who was the reincarnation of his past lover. After that they added in vampire hunters, werewolves, angels, and ghosts. It was so bizarre to throw those things into that kind of serious soap opera, and it was so awesome.

yeah Peter and Toohey are the worst ugh.

I also liked their view on love... there's just a lot of ridiculous things about Rand's writing, and that scene was one of the more ridiculous parts. Especially if you watch the movie. Or just look up "Fountainhead rape scene" on youtube.

I should really read that book and Atlas Shrugged again...

DAMN

Marie is right. ooops.

I think that's why I like it, because it's ridiculous like a serious and fucked up soap opera.