river

Currently Reading

The Picture of Dorian Gray is soooo good. I read it in high school and a lot of people made jokes about the main characters' relationship so I think you kind of have to keep an open mind about it. But the story is really fantastic. Oscar Wilde is lovely.

I'm looking at An Inspector Calls by J. B Priestly in English which so far is really good, it's also fun because as it's a play we all get given a part each lesson so everyone has a go at playing a character :)

And I'm about to finish Fault Line by Robert Goddard which is actually a bit boring I found, so I'm not too sure I like it really but I'll finish it off.

feast for crows has been really depressing

this whole series is depressing

i can't wait until my favorite characters come back in the next book...

(still love it all, though)

I'm looking at An Inspector Calls by J. B Priestly in English which so far is really good, it's also fun because as it's a play we all get given a part each lesson so everyone has a go at playing a character :)

I did that last year! It's excellent!

So far my English teacher has said 'homoerotic' at least three times per lesson when discussing Dorian Gray. I'm tempted to start a tally.

Also reread The Perks of Being a Wallflower at the weekend. I hadn't realised how good it is!

I did that last year! It's excellent!

So far I'm enjoying it it's great :) we've just got to the end of Act Two when Eric enter's the room? Don't know if you remember in that much detail but basically it's just getting good :P

So far I'm enjoying it it's great :) we've just got to the end of Act Two when Eric enter's the room? Don't know if you remember in that much detail but basically it's just getting good :P

It gets better!

Last lesson we counted five 'homoerotic's, including what was up on the board. I can see this becoming a sport.

We finished An Inspector Calls in class today, you were right it was amazing XD

I also finished the really boring crime book I was reading <_< and now I'm reading the sequel to the Harlan Coben novel Live Wire called Shelter, so far It's really good and I'm nearing the end :)

I know XD I got to read Mrs Birling again which was fun :P I really want to see the play now it'd be fun and also I think I'd get a better perspective of the play as most of the time when we read it aloud people read it in monotone rather than using expression -_- but it was still great :3

Byron poems.

wow. he did not like his ex lovers.

Remember thee! remember thee!

Till Lethe quench life's burning stream

Remorse and shame shall cling to thee,

And haunt thee like a feverish dream! Remember thee! Aye, doubt it not.

Thy husband too shall think of thee:

By neither shalt thou be forgot,

Thou false to him, thou fiend to me!

the casual vacancy by jk rowling

i didn't even intend to read it this soon, my mom picked it up at wal-mart just because :lol:

it's pretty good so far, but i'm hoping it picks up soon.

but it's weird to read a jk rowling book that talks about things like drug addiction and erections, haha.

The men in this book. I think Oscar was kind of sad since his friend Bram Stoker was devoted to another man and he was kind of left behind. I like the cynicism. Dorian has no real personality or beliefs of his own but loveses Harry.

Basil is just. sorry.

everyone is selfish and horrible

I love it.

i couldn't wait to get home today to finish the casual vacancy

i actually really, really enjoyed it (which is apparently an unpopular opinion.)

yeah, it's an incredibly bleak view of humanity, and the ending was pretty depressing, but it got in my head... idk, maybe a song of ice and fire has desensitized me (since more than half the characters are horrible, and almost nothing good happens to any of the characters.)

aaaand now i'm finally actually reading the sun also rises, after attempting to do so for like two or three years

already halfway done so

Bram Stoker's Dracula -it was a bit slow to get into but I absolutely love it. I look forward to my nightly dose of Dracula at the end of these long school days :3

i was going to get The Casual Vacancy but I heard an interview with JK on the radio and it didn't sound exactly appropriate for my age group really, though that's probably me being dorky. But I think I'll leave it for a year or two like I am with some Stephen King's, it'll probably help me apreciate the meaning behind the book better if I read it in a few years anyway :)