river

Currently Reading

I let my mom borrow a copy of my favorite book and she's not enjying it. At all. I find this most disheartening.

What is your favorite book? :)

Jane Eyre is the greatest woman in fiction and I want to be her, marry her and pluck her eyebrows and dress her poka dots. I bet she could rock poka dots.

Now I am going to finish that survivor book.

• Upvote 1

I'm finally reading The Hunger Games!

I also read Tom Daley's autobiography this week. I wouldn't normally reccomend reading an 18 year old's autobiography, but it was actually really interesting to hear about what it's actually like being an athlete and going backstage at The X Factor. He discusses his dad's cancer as well, which is inspiring. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. :)

He disses Rihanna too.

i have to wonder why an eighteen year old would write a biography, even if he is an olympian.

wouldn't he have more stuff to write about later?

I did wonder that - and a lot of the pages are full of pictures. Not necessarily a bad thing.

But he talks you through diving, which he's done for about half his life, and all the compettitions and stuff. There's a whole chapter dedicated to Beijing and one to his dad's death as well. I was pleasantly surprised... although it didn't take long to read, admittedly.

We can expect Part Two in about two Olympics' time, unless he becomes a hermit/something goes very wrong.

I always thoght you should only write that once you have lived years and years....

do you like the hunger games?

i didn't.

Im just finsihing The Lightning Thief i bought the movie and i saw it and ive had the book on my nightstand for the longest and i thought id give it a shot and its soo good! :D

I started House of Leaves. I feel like it's going to take me a while to finish since I'm starting my Fall semester soon.

The Winter of Our Discontent. By Steinbeck.

she ended up loving after she got into it.

That's cool! I haven't read it myself, but I may one day.

Jane Eyre is the greatest woman in fiction and I want to be her, marry her and pluck her eyebrows and dress her poka dots. I bet she could rock poka dots.

Now I am going to finish that survivor book.

I absolutely love Jane Eyre. I'm excited because I'm taking a Women in Literature class this term and Jane Eyre is the first book on our syllabus. ^_^

I started House of Leaves. I feel like it's going to take me a while to finish since I'm starting my Fall semester soon.

That's cool! I haven't read it myself, but I may one day.

I absolutely love Jane Eyre. I'm excited because I'm taking a Women in Literature class this term and Jane Eyre is the first book on our syllabus. ^_^

In high school all the AP and Honors students had to read Brit Lit books. I guess they assumed everyone else was too stupid, but in college, not so much.

Jane Eyre is the best woman ever.

I had to finish Mockinjay. :/

I don't get how people can like Mockinjay. Or even Catching Fire. The Hunger Games was okay, even good to a certain degree. But, Mockinjay ruined it.

That's 2 hours I'm not going to get back.

I just finished it. It was rushed and the end was just, oh please. Worse than Bella's and now we live in our happy forever

yeah, and you're kid is going to die and your human parents and friends, so whatever

-_-

Frustration at the characters' choices aside, I don't understand why there were so many loose ends in a 450 page book. If it's going to be the final installment of the series, finish it.

And, while you're at it, explore some characters. Considering there were so few new ones throughout the series, it didn't feel like there was a lot of time given to developing them.

Seriously considering finding/writing an alternative end/Mockingjay fan fiction.

Be ashamed, writer. If you were forced to cut it down due to deadlines or allocated pages, change your publisher.