river

Currently Reading

I don't think there's a topic on this already. If there is, sorry!

Just... post what book(s) you're currently reading, if you recommend it, etc.

My mom lent me a copy of "The Help," so right now I'm reading that. It's okay so far. I'm waiting for it to pick up.

Well I'm not currently reading this right now because I've gotten distracted by some other things..

Tiger's Curse (This is the first one in the series, I'm currently at the end of this one)

Tiger's Quest (I have it, but need to finish the first one)

Tiger's Voyage (Don't have it yet)

I recommend them. =]

the chaos walking series. the first one damn near broke my heart though. it's the kind of book that makes you think.

i just finished the alchemist. it was really sweet, but it's definitely one of those goody books that teaches excellent morals and talks about the sweet innocent boy with his sweet innocent mannerisms. another thing to watch out for is that because it was translated, the english is super proper.

I'm reading a House Of Night Novel. I had to wait from August until December to get the next book from the library which is Tempted (6/10) it's really good but since I havn't read the series in 4 monthes I'm a bit at a lost trying to figure out what happened before :\

I just finished The Old Man and The Sea. I am now reading the Bell jar. This is where my life is going, these books, so it fits. I suggest to read both

• Upvote 1

No point? How sad.

I loved the Old Man and his relationship with The Boy and The Sea. His thoughts on hunting the moon and the sun and stars! It was so poetic and beautiful. The ending was perfect.

I'm almost finished with Supergods by Grant Morrison, his book about the history of the comic industry mixed with globs of his perspective. I wholeheartedly love and recommend it. I don't even like superheros.

I loved it and it was weird. They had a doctor called "Nolan" and I have serial killer doctor person called "Nolan" in a comic I'm writing and Dr. Quinn, A doctor named whose last name is Quinn, is a psychiatrist in a mental hospital. I giggled

but it creeped me out how similar I felt with Ester and she did things I did and thinks some of the same things and named her alter ego "Elaine"

WHAT..

It's like Breakfast of Champions and the main psycho thinks the book is talking to him.

I know right? Some things I wouldn't do/never thought of. but still. I couldn't put the book down. it was very engaging.

charlotte bronte! her writing is too flowry, but my english teacher/mentor reminds me of mr. rochester, so whenever i have a lack of reading material, i go to jane eyre. don't laugh. i love romantic novels.