Anyone Attending The Sideshow In Brisbane?

speciALLYty.

Anyone here attending the BDO side show in Brisbane, Australia in January? Particularly anyone under 18.

The adult my friend and I were originally going with wasn't able to get tickets before they sold out :unsure: If we're not with a guardian in the under 18's area the whole show, they won't let us in/kick us out. Could I meet anyone there? This is my last hope :(

i'm going to the sydney show but i was under the impression that all the shows where all ages.

They usually give wrist bands to everyone over 18 with ids so they can buy drinks.. thats how its always worked here :)

If there are different areas... i have never heard of having to have a guardian at the show?

i have been to shows where i was under 18 and they just stuck us in a different area but we didn't need adults or anything to be with us..... so?

You should call the venue to make sure.

i'm going to the sydney show but i was under the impression that all the shows where all ages.

They usually give wrist bands to everyone over 18 with ids so they can buy drinks.. thats how its always worked here :)

If there are different areas... i have never heard of having to have a guardian at the show?

i have been to shows where i was under 18 and they just stuck us in a different area but we didn't need adults or anything to be with us..... so?

You should call the venue to make sure.

I've been to many many shows, this is the only venue I've heard of which does this. I've searched their site and called them once, you need to have a guardian with you at all times in a certain area... Which is kind of stupid, in my opinion, and certainly inconvenient for me right now <_< I dunno, maybe they make it sound really strict, but once we're there they're just whatever. I would imagine it would be difficult matching parent to child all throughout the show :lol: Anyway, thanks :)

I've been to many many shows, this is the only venue I've heard of which does this. I've searched their site and called them once, you need to have a guardian with you at all times in a certain area... Which is kind of stupid, in my opinion, and certainly inconvenient for me right now <_< I dunno, maybe they make it sound really strict, but once we're there they're just whatever. I would imagine it would be difficult matching parent to child all throughout the show :lol: Anyway, thanks :)

That is soo stupid...... but i guess thats how they make the money.... If only i could fly to Brisbane and get tickets i'm 20 so i would be acceptable as your adult guardian. and seeing mcr twice hell yea...

Do you have a twitter i suggest getting on there i know a few people from sydney that may be going to the other shows.

tweet at all the MCRmys in Australia theres bound to be some one that is over 18 going to the Brisbane show that can vouch for you.. or knows that they aren't strict on it.

im you could also ask on Facebook... the even page for that Show...

and at the very least just play stupid.. and pretend you didn't know that you needed to be supervised ... tell them Gerard will supervise us... LOL you could just say that you have never been there before and that at other places you didn't need supervision... and with a bit of luck you may be okay....

That is soo stupid...... but i guess thats how they make the money.... If only i could fly to Brisbane and get tickets i'm 20 so i would be acceptable as your adult guardian. and seeing mcr twice hell yea...

Do you have a twitter i suggest getting on there i know a few people from sydney that may be going to the other shows.

tweet at all the MCRmys in Australia theres bound to be some one that is over 18 going to the Brisbane show that can vouch for you.. or knows that they aren't strict on it.

im you could also ask on Facebook... the even page for that Show...

and at the very least just play stupid.. and pretend you didn't know that you needed to be supervised ... tell them Gerard will supervise us... LOL you could just say that you have never been there before and that at other places you didn't need supervision... and with a bit of luck you may be okay....

There's a page for that show? :blink: Could you link me? Thankyou so much ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

Archived