We Need To Change. For "skye"

GenericFantasy

Im sure, by now, that we have all heard about what happened to skye. Beaten to death for wearing an mcr shirt, right?

Im sorry if i hurt anyone by saying this, but i dont believe a word of it.

Anyone else recall Shane?

Wasn't this the EXACT same story as his? EXACT SAME. And a number of weeks later, the news broke that it was DEFINITELY a group of beliebers that did it. How would we know it was Beliebers, for certain? Besides, Beliebers are not hate filled thugs, theyre candy filled morons. Again, no definitive proof.

Isn't there another story going around at the same time as this one, about another kid who was bullied to the point of committing suicide? I saw that one first, this one began circulating in conjunction a number of days later. Her name ALSO began with S.

Well, a number of days after Shanes story, it merged with snipers story. Same as the one described above. Cyberbullied to death "by beliebers"

Those stories circulated around the time bieber beat mcr at an awards show or was at the same awards show at them.

These are the exact same stories, in the exact same situations.

We never get a news report

We never get any more info about the victims

Half the time, we don't get their real names.

The excuse "they always used top be on the page..." is used in every situation.

1) There are at least a hundred mcr fans with those names, Shane, Skye... or the same words in their KJ name. I believe Sniper is a popular word for Killjoys, no?

2) Can you HONESTLY say you keep track of EVERYONE who comes on the mcr page, ever? If you are so familiar with them (as most are with page regulars) would you not add them? Wouldn't there be wall posts? "rip" and all that? or did you just Hear that they were page regulars?

3) Even if there WAS a Skye on the page, re-read point 1. Wheres your proof shes the same one? Wheres your proof shes even real?

The story is bullshit generated to bring pity on mcr fans, and thereby enhance their image as a band. It is circulated on AT LEAST a yearly basis. Mcr fans are not as persecuted as they would like to believe, you know. In the grand scope of things, MCR fans are not picked on for their music taste any more than beliebers are, or Avenged Sevenfold fans, or Bring Me The Horizon fans, or You Me At Six fans, or Good Charlotte fans, or even Rhianna or Beyonce fans.

Either the band or the Rmy (and i sincerely hope it is just the rmy) are circulating these tales on a regular basis because they WANT the fanbase to look like victims, they WANT this image. It is entirely fabricated.

I've seen more music related bullying coming from elitist mcr fans than towards them, and im ashamed to admit even i fell into that trap for a while.

This is the trap that the Rmy drags you into. Youre a victim. Everyone hates you apart from other mcr fans, everyone who doesnt like them is a close minded snob. A sheep. They cant think for themselves, theyre controlled by the media. They do what the x-factor tells them, mcr are all that is real etc etc.

This very iimage is forced on almost all of us, and as a result, we feel above other people, WE are the free thinkers, oh yes. The creative ones. They just victimize us because mtv has brainwashed them. We're above them. Theyre just idiotic sheep, following the crowd.

Whos the real brainwashing victims?

Mcrs fanbase is the most stuck up and fucking elitist fanbase i have EVER seen. No other fanbase has made me feel like im "not a real fan"

No other fanbase is as close minded, but of course, ill get attacked for this, the rmy like to think of themselves as the ONLY open minded ones out there, dont they?

Im sorry.

Im ranting.

But look at the evidence, it's the truth.

If you can provide opposing evidence, to show me i'm wrong, i will gladly back down, but some time away from the rmy, to dedicate myself to and obsess over a different band for a while (i know i know, im not a true mcr fan because im not hopelessly dedicated to the only number one band EVER for my whole LIFE) has opened my eyes to its tue nature, and im sick of it. Im angry i was manipulated in such a way, without even realising it, but hell, i doubt we even realise what we're doing to each other.

Im not blaming the rmy, no, Im ashamed of my past behaviour, as a soldier, and i take full responsibility for it. But Im backing down.

I will support the cause but i will no longer fight for it.

#rantover

WOW.

Opinions are appreciated, but there isn't need to tar the entire fandom with the same brush.

Accusations that the rmy has fabricated such a heinous rumour is an awful thing to say.

Note we are not all the same. As with any fandom there are shitty fans. Hell as with humanity there are shitty humans. Rough with the smooth.

I would like to think that the majority of this fandom is pretty rad and that is something I have experience myself.

There is no such thing as a TRUE fan in my eyes, a fan is someone who gives a shit about the band and their message. Not the drama in the fandom. Its not about how many shows you've been too, how many barriers you've been on or how much merch you own.Its not a one up situation, its about passion and hearing the message.

This fandom to me has been the most nwelcoming. i did not recieve the same treatment with 30 seconds to mars's fandom a few years back. However i still love the band and their music.Other peoples attitudes should not let it affect your judgement on a band you love.

I hope that this has helped in some way. I am sorry to see that you have had a negative experience with the mcrmy.

I personally have not read properly into the "Skye" thing (i know the idea of it though). However I will go and do it now

I agree wholeheartedly with Shell. Not all of us fit under the umbrella you've presented, but I will agree with you on this:

In "alternative" fan cultures (and in counter-hegemonic cultures, in general), there is a certain pressure to demean others with more mainstream tastes.

Personally, I do not subscribe to the notion that any one human is better than another, and taste in art is the least of things to make someone the "better." So I do agree that some people take it too far and want to create a barrier that needs not exist between "us" and "them." Most of the time, the "them" is a mental fabrication, and when groupthink becomes involved in that "mental" part, it can get dangerous.

My Chemical Romance themselves have supported nothing but tolerance for others and have written several albums of empowering songs telling us we need not be victims. Its up to the listener and his or her personal circumstances to decide if he or she subscribes to any sort of perceived group image.

I'm sorry your personal experiences within the fanbase have been negative. I know I've had moments in which I have felt I do not belong, but--in looking past the negative--I have always found a community that is supportive of its members and of people outside of it.

No one should ever tell you you're "less" of a fan or not a fan because of your opinions or anything. Fan is not something that can be measured, it's a feeling that you have about something you love. It's personal. It's for you. It's not for anyone else to judge or decide.

If this comes across as rambling, I apologize. Please feel free to message me if you would like to talk.

I hope this discussion can remain respectful. If it strays from that, this thread will be closed.

most people on who say stuff like that are younger.. or teenager.. most teenager dont have an open mind on anything ... till they are older. when i was younger i thought it was me against the world everyone has that fades.. so you cant really blame people for doing that it just annoying

if you really like the band the fan base should not change the meaning of the music to you just change how you view the fans.. i felt the same way as you but you find that the music will always win .. i stop listing to mcr because of i was disconnect wanted to try something new but that was because i was still trying to find my self.. what happen was i like the music more then anything..

(edit just to let everyone know im talking about the my band better then yours,))

Whoa ho, ho buddy! Let's not get too ahead of ourselves here...

Now with the whole "so-n-so got beat up/bullied to death thing"

The boys from MCR would never in a million bagillion years make up something like that because they have lives and are probably spending quality time with their family and friends when shit like this gets made up.

As a kid who has been made fun of/looked down upon because I like love MCR, that is real. I've never been beat up of course, but still... It seems like we get more flack from lots of different people. It's either "hardcore" kids calling us and MCR faggots or Belibers calling us "emo freaks". I'm not saying that we get it more than other fanbases, but it seems like it and obviously, that hurts.

I don't believe that kids are getting killed over it though. There was that issue in Mexico a while back and I think that's where most of these stories are stemming from, but I don't really buy into them though.

Shellosaurus is right, don't lump us all into one category. There are "elitist" fans who treat others like shit in every fanbase (don't even get me started on the Echelon <_< ), and I'm sad that you had to encounter those in the MCRmy that think that they're better than everyone else.

You can go obsess over another band if you want. I don't think that there is a "MCR can be the only band in your life rule." We welcome people who love other bands (I was obsessed with Linkin Park and Green Day before I even gave MCR any thought and I STILL love both of those bands with all of my hart)I think you're not giving the Rmy any credit. The kids that I've encountered here are fucking amazing kids and I'd vouch for all of them.

So, what have we learned?

1)No matter where you go, some kids are gonna be dicks. You'll probably find some in the fanbase of the other band you're gonna go obsess over for a while.

2)This is the internet, there's a lot of made up stupid shit on here (Think about it, could a BELIBER really take out a kid from the Rmy? No way. Tuff as nails up in this bitch)

2.5)MCR wouldn't make up bullshit to sell records or make us feel important because they are grown men with lives.

3)You aren't a bad person for liking another band. All of us like other bands

/rant

Considering that I know for a fact a killjoy died this week who was not Skye or a killjoy you mentioned, it's simply cruel to inflict this upon people. I don't know the validity of whether or not this happened, but point being, it really doesn't matter. There are people grieving the death of actual killjoys and they really didn't need this thrown in their face. I could care less whether some stupid internet rumor is true, but I care about my friends and those who have been ghosted. Next time, be a little more sensitive to everyone else's personal lives. While you can never truly know what happens to others or what they're going through, you have to try to present opinions like this in a way which is sensitive to what others are experiencing.

Thanks for listening and sorry if this came out a little harsh. I just hate to think about my friends on the boards reading this and how they would feel considering some of the situations they have been in this week and previously in their lives

Considering that I know for a fact a killjoy died this week who was not Skye or a killjoy you mentioned, it's simply cruel to inflict this upon people. I don't know the validity of whether or not this happened, but point being, it really doesn't matter. There are people grieving the death of actual killjoys and they really didn't need this thrown in their face. I could care less whether some stupid internet rumor is true, but I care about my friends and those who have been ghosted. Next time, be a little more sensitive to everyone else's personal lives. While you can never truly know what happens to others or what they're going through, you have to try to present opinions like this in a way which is sensitive to what others are experiencing.

Thanks for listening and sorry if this came out a little harsh. I just hate to think about my friends on the boards reading this and how they would feel considering some of the situations they have been in this week and previously in their lives

oh no!

I hope nothing I said was offensive!

PS I love how everyone from the Sister Wives thread is here

Sorry for your loss.

Try not to take the OP to heart, though. To me, it seems like one of those weird things people post to stir sh*t before completely disappearing from the board (probably because they're addicted to drama...or something).

Opinions are appreciated, but there isn't need to tar the entire fandom with the same brush.

Accusations that the rmy has fabricated such a heinous rumour is an awful thing to say.

The whole rmy may not have fabricated it, but at least one member has, and the rest of us have unwittingly aided its progress, every time.

Note we are not all the same. As with any fandom there are shitty fans. Hell as with humanity there are shitty humans. Rough with the smooth.

I would like to think that the majority of this fandom is pretty rad and that is something I have experience myself.

I agree wholeheartedly with Shell. Not all of us fit under the umbrella you've presented

I didnt intend to lump everyone together, i am very well aware that everyone is different, however i cannot avoid the fact that i have seen more elitism in this fanbase than eany other.

Its like a cold.

Im not saying everyone is affected by it, but this army seems to just have the PERFECT conditions to BREED the virus.

There is no such thing as a TRUE fan in my eyes, a fan is someone who gives a shit about the band and their message. Not the drama in the fandom. Its not about how many shows you've been too, how many barriers you've been on or how much merch you own.Its not a one up situation, its about passion and hearing the message.

Personally, I do not subscribe to the notion that any one human is better than another, and taste in art is the least of things to make someone the "better." So I do agree that some people take it too far and want to create a barrier that needs not exist between "us" and "them." Most of the time, the "them" is a mental fabrication, and when groupthink becomes involved in that "mental" part, it can get dangerous.

No one should ever tell you you're "less" of a fan or not a fan because of your opinions or anything. Fan is not something that can be measured, it's a feeling that you have about something you love. It's personal. It's for you. It's not for anyone else to judge or decide.

Thats good to know, it makes me happy that there are still people out there that still think like this.

I've seen too many people on the mcr facebook, respected regulars, bitch about "those kids who only know the black parade" behind their backs, or because they dont know all the in jokes, and i myself have been yelled at because i actually could not continue singing along at an mcr show that frankly, didnt impress me (No audience interaction, just a barrage of song after song after song, no time to breathe. My throat was more or less fucked)

This fandom to me has been the most nwelcoming. i did not recieve the same treatment with 30 seconds to mars's fandom a few years back. However i still love the band and their music.Other peoples attitudes should not let it affect your judgement on a band you love.

if you really like the band the fan base should not change the meaning of the music to you just change how you view the fans.. i felt the same way as you but you find that the music will always win .. i stop listing to mcr because of i was disconnect wanted to try something new

What happened with the Echelon?

The rmy is certainly inviting, almost too inviting for me however, i kinda felt pressured into an all or nothing type mentality

Sorry but, when did i say my opinion of the band had been changed? It has been tainted, but that is nothing to do with this situation, and i dont believe i mentioned such a thing. I still love them, just not as much as i used to, and that is for COMPLETELY unrelated reasons.

My Chemical Romance themselves have supported nothing but tolerance for others and have written several albums of empowering songs telling us we need not be victims. Its up to the listener and his or her personal circumstances to decide if he or she subscribes to any sort of perceived group image.

My problem is not with the message of the band, it is what certain members of the fanbase have made it, and how misguided views have been spread.

I hope that this has helped in some way. I am sorry to see that you have had a negative experience with the mcrmy.

I personally have not read properly into the "Skye" thing (i know the idea of it though). However I will go and do it now

I havent had a negative experience, however, im afraid i may have made my time in the rmy a bad experience for others :/

I will always love mcr, but im not going to involve myself in things i used to ie//tirelessly defending them "to the death"

I hope this discussion can remain respectful. If it strays from that, this thread will be closed.

I hope so to, I posted this mainly to debunk the stories, it turned into a bit of a rant but that was not my intention, i dont mean to slam the fanbase, but the continual rumours and the seemingly unanimous, unquestioning belief in them was really a breaking point for me and i needed to vent.

I'm sorry, i didn't intend to offend you. I'm not by any means trying to disrespect kat, im just tired of these rumours because, as someone who has lost and almost lost friends to suicide and violence, i myself find them seriously offensive.

Apologies in advance for any more offence i may have caused through this, i assure you it is not intentional </3

i'd just like to agree with what sulfer, Sirius and anyone else said on the subject and want to add that i knew a killjoy through the internet on another site and she had a lot of problems, no one believed when her parents posted a note about how she had become ghosted. It really hurt because i know she did, i got a call and everything from her parents, so please think before you say something like this. While Skye might not be a real person, there are other killjoys out there who are and have been ghosted.

And i in no way think that i am better than anybody else and MCR do not rule my life and i dont go bat shit crazy on someone if they dont like MCR. Everyone has their own opinions and sometimes they clash but i never think i'm better than anyone else better than anybody else because i like MCR and i know a lot of people in the Rmy who are the same.

Sorry for your loss.

Try not to take the OP to heart, though. To me, it seems like one of those weird things people post to stir sh*t before completely disappearing from the board (probably because they're addicted to drama...or something).

I know i may have come across as a bit strong but that is really quite rude.

I have been quite active on these boards, and being at the point i have been does NOT mean i am addicted to drama by any means.

I would never intentionally stir shit up here, i still love the band and the rmy, im just tired of how things have been, especially since DD came out.

i'd just like to agree with what sulfer, Sirius and anyone else said on the subject and want to add that i knew a killjoy through the internet on another site and she had a lot of problems, no one believed when her parents posted a note about how she had become ghosted. It really hurt because i know she did, i got a call and everything from her parents, so please think before you say something like this. While Skye might not be a real person, there are other killjoys out there who are and have been ghosted.

And i in no way think that i am better than anybody else and MCR do not rule my life and i dont go bat shit crazy on someone if they dont like MCR. Everyone has their own opinions and sometimes they clash but i never think i'm better than anyone else better than anybody else because i like MCR and i know a lot of people in the Rmy who are the same.

As i believe i said, i was not intending to cause offense, nor was i intending to lump all the fanbase together. im just sick and tired of these stories, the ral ones are indeed heartbreaking, but im not talking about them, im talking about the lies. I have ALWAYS tried my best not to offend, but everyone snaps sometimes.

I know i may have come across as a bit strong but that is really quite rude.

I have been quite active on these boards, and being at the point i have been does NOT mean i am addicted to drama by any means.

I would never intentionally stir shit up here, i still love the band and the rmy, im just tired of how things have been, especially since DD came out.

As i believe i said, i was not intending to cause offense, nor was i intending to lump all the fanbase together. im just sick and tired of these stories, the ral ones are indeed heartbreaking, but im not talking about them, im talking about the lies. I have ALWAYS tried my best not to offend, but everyone snaps sometimes.

Fair enough. I take it back.

It's just that the way you worded your first post really reminded me of a girl on a body piercing forum I'm on who appears every so often and genuinely does stir things up before being banned and returning later under another username. She's getting quite annoying.

Anyway, I apologise.

I didn't intend to offend you. I'm not by any means trying to disrespect kat, im just tired of these rumours because, as someone who has lost and almost lost friends to suicide and violence, i myself find them seriously offensive. Apologies in advance for any more offence i may have caused through this, i assure you it is not intentional </3

You didn't offend me. I just knew this would stir up things for other soldiers and it did, just as I suspected. Many of us have lost alot of friends and family various ways, but we're all at different points in handling that. I know this is encouraged to be a space of positivity and friendly discussion, so I just wanted to address that before it upset fellow soldiers. It's good that we can learn from this moment and can keep this in mind next time we post on the boards.

I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread.

People have had a chance to defend their opinions and the OP has responded.

With the very real loss of Kat, we feel now is not really the time to have such a heated discussion about possibly fabricated "#SingitFor____" stories.

If you are going to discuss the authenticity of the stories and their consequences, please keep it to the thread that already exists on the subject and stay respectful:

http://talk.mcrmy.com/index.php?/topic/6345-just-wondering-singitforskye

Archived