Average Ages Of Mcr Concert Go-ers?

nananaNikk

I really I want to go abroad to watch MCR some day (they don't come to Malta :( )I'm 13, and I doubt my mum would let me go on my own for now. But I want to know, what is the majority of the crowd, do you see adults especally young adults? And is it normal for someone to go with a parent? :/

i was 13 when i saw them and i went alone with my dad and it was totally fine! the people there were really great maybe a coupe of years older but not allot and it was them best day of my life! just go have a great time and don't give a fuck just have fun and actually i was kinda glad i have my dad there because i was a bit smaller than other people (cos i was small for my age) and i was glad i had someone i knew and was there to fall back on :)

i was 13 when i saw them and i went alone with my dad and it was totally fine! the people there were really great maybe a coupe of years older but not allot and it was them best day of my life! just go have a great time and don't give a fuck just have fun and actually i was kinda glad i have my dad there because i was a bit smaller than other people (cos i was small for my age) and i was glad i had someone i knew and was there to fall back on :)

Thank youu :)

I seen many people with their parents. I remember seeing quite a few parents at the show in April. I think it's pretty much even between ages. I'm 20 and there's people older than me at MCR shows. There are much younger people too 13-15. One time I seen a girl who must've been at least 16 with her mom. And I know it was her mom cause she called her mom.

It's funny because it has changed a lot over the years because of the rotation of fans-- older fans drifting away, newer fans coming in, etc...

The cool thing about MCR is that people of all ages can connect with their music.

When I went to my first show, I was 15 and most of the people there were older than me. That was the way it was for me through most of 2005. By 2007-2008, their crowd was significantly older, in my opinion. I was 18 then and found that most people were my age or older. Now, to me (age 21), it seems that their overall crowd has decreased in age again, but I still feel I fit in.

At EVERY MCR show I've gone to, there have been parents. That's nothing out-of-the-ordinary, so don't worry! Just make sure your parent keeps his or her cool and is nice. A LOT of show parents get fussy and mean to other fans. Haha!

There is an age survey thread around here somewhere that I'm trying to find, but I have a really bad Internet connection; so, it's tough! Haha!

I was 18 when I went to my first MCR show, and I'm 23 now. If it makes you feel any better I was 13 when I saw N*SYNC, and my mom (and my little sister) came with me. But anyway, I see kids of all ages at MCR shows.And don't worry about bringing your parents, if they have to go so you can go then so be it. I've seen several kids with their parents there. I took my the 14 year old cousin to see them last year. And again, if it makes you feel any better I took my mom with me to 2 concerts when I was 19. And I know someone else who takes their mom to shows.

my little sister (11) went to one with me. overall, i agree with everybody else. most of the time people don't give a fuck how old you are, and if they see you having trouble seeing/breathing/anything in between, they'll help you out.

oh and as much as your parents say that the whole thing was dumb, the music was too loud, and they didn't like the scene, they secretly enjoy going with you. it makes them feel young again.

There is an age survey thread around here somewhere that I'm trying to find, but I have a really bad Internet connection; so, it's tough! Haha!

ta-da! :)

http://talk.mcrmy.com/index.php?/topic/798-how-old-are-you/

I agree with everyone else. There have been parents at most of the MCR shows I've been to (and basically every show I've been to) and it's totally normal. People really look out for each other- as long as you're courteous! :)

And double bang is right about concerts making parents feel young again. I went to a MCR show in May with my friend and her mom, and her mom was dancing and screaming just like every other girl there ;)

I've been to 6 MCR shows, it is normal for kids to be there with a parent, just make sure your mom is prepared, cuz I've run into some parents that are just mean and worst then anyone i've moshed with at metal concerts. but I've also met some of the coolest parents at MCR concerts. just gotta make sure if you are on the floor that she knows there's going to be pushingand not to yell at people for pushing, pushing is part of the concert experience.

I was 19 when I went to my first MCR concert! I felt like a lot of people there were younger than me, not including the parents. And yeah a lot of parents were there! Just one piece of advice: PLEASE don't bring your parent(s) into the pit with you. The pit is stressful, and you get squashed and tossed around. Parents can still supervise their child from the back or sides.

I ran into a screaming and fuming mother in the pit, it was not fun. Yeesh.

And MCR fans are so nice and supportive! We can take care of you, pick you up when you fall down, and ever help you get out of the pit if needed. There is seriously no reason for a parent to ever be in the pit unless they actually want to be there.

My first MCR show, I was 20. My other 3 MCR shows, I was 23 years old. There were people younger, my age, and older. I'd say the mean age was probably 17/18ish? It also depends on WHO they are playing with. Blink offered more older fans than all the MCR headlining shows I've seen. The ratios of male to female will change depending on who plays with them, too. When ADTR played a Christmas show here with MCR, that show had a higher ratio of males...same with Blink, than the other 2 MCR shows I've been to.

Parents CAN make it in the pits if they know what they're doing and what to expect. My 1st MCR show, my friend's dad was in the pit with us. We both had barricade and he stood right behind my friend, shielding her from most of the violent people haha!

My friend, Val, is one of the older MCR fans (40+) and she's survived queueing for hours in the Montreal snow and then going into the pit and clinging to barricade!

:lol:Since I have like $160 right now, if my mom decides to not buy me concert tickets next show, I CAN BUY THEM WITH MY OWN MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im sooo excited now!! :D Now I just need to wait untill the next tour which will probably be in a few years!!!! Dont worry, I can wait. I guess ill have to anyways!!!! :rolleyes:

I was 11 when I first saw them and I went with my Parents, it's totally cool. Also people were really nice to me in the crowd and looked out for and stuff 'cause i was so little. The first time I went without my parents was when I was 14 but even now they still come along sometimes 'cause they're big fans.

and I usually get them to drive me to shows in other cities -if you're going abroad to see them, you'll probably have to go with your mum anyway?

But yeah don't worry about it loads of people go with their parents :)

I really I want to go abroad to watch MCR some day (they don't come to Malta :( )I'm 13, and I doubt my mum would let me go on my own for now. But I want to know, what is the majority of the crowd, do you see adults especally young adults? And is it normal for someone to go with a parent? :/

im 13 too :)

I attended my first My Chem show when I was 14, and my mother attended it with me due to the fact that I was so young. I wasn't judged for it either. A good chunk of the crowd at My Chem shows are between 13 and 16 years old anyways, so a decent amount of parents attend their shows as well. You won't be looked down on for having a parent with you at one of their shows.

I would definitely try to convince a member of your family to attend the concert with you if MCR do end up touring through your town in the future. Best of luck to you! :)

Archived