Just Wondering (singitforskye)?

Killjoy15

For anybody who doesn't know, a girl called Skye was reportedly beaten to death for wearing an MCR shirt. As far as I know, nobody really knows where this rumour originated from, hence why Killjoy15 is asking for the source. Some people have also been saying she set up the rumours herself, but again, no source for that.

I can't help you with a source Killjoy5, but welcome to the Rmy :)

Honestly, I'd be suspicious of anything of this nature.

When #SingItForJapan was trending and then all of those other #SingItFor... things started to trend, I think maybe one of them was real.

The name could be a coincidence. The lack of details is suspicious (Where did this happen? How old was she? Why is there no word of it being on the News?). That's the thing with the internet...anyone can say whatever they want, so it's hard to tell if it's someone faking for attention or something, or if it's something genuine. =/

This has been going on for days, imo, if it were real, there would be at least ONE piece of solid evidence supporting the fact that it actually happened. The fact that people who are doing campaigns to honor her don't even know her last name and are asking for articles or any solid information of the "incident" is enough to convince me it's not real. On top of the fact, this all started because a twitter user who actually has started rumors like this several times posted this screen cap:

http://twitpic.com/7prvzp

No source, no name, no clue as to what site this could have even come from. They could have easily just opened up word, typed this up and screen capped it.

I get that people are trying to be noble and sympathetic here, but it's not that hard to try and check and figure out sources and use a bit of common sense. Your time is better spent on people and issues that are real and actually happening that really need and would love your support.

Don't let sick people starved for attention exploit your kindness. It will be like crying wolf, and when people really need or deserve it, it will be muddled with skepticism and negativity because of things like this.

This has been going on for days, imo, if it were real, there would be at least ONE piece of solid evidence supporting the fact that it actually happened. The fact that people who are doing campaigns to honor her don't even know her last name and are asking for articles or any solid information of the "incident" is enough to convince me it's not real. On top of the fact, this all started because a twitter user who actually has started rumors like this several times posted this screen cap:

No source, no name, no clue as to what site this could have even come from. They could have easily just opened up word, typed this up and screen capped it.

I get that people are trying to be noble and sympathetic here, but it's not that hard to try and check and figure out sources and use a bit of common sense. Your time is better spent on people and issues that are real and actually happening that really need and would love your support.

Don't let sick people starved for attention exploit your kindness. It will be like crying wolf, and when people really need or deserve it, it will be muddled with skepticism and negativity because of things like this.

Basically this^

if people are decieving people in this way is just sick really, especially since we're a close-knit family.

^^ exactly... If its fake i cant believe that some one on here would do something like that.... then again i am use to people that i am close to lying to me so this is really no shock.

Also i don't think some one would bash another person for just wearing a mcr shirt.. there has to be more to it if it where true..

People in general who make up rumours for their own gain/entertainment/attention or what ever.. need help.

also, there are quite a few grammatical errors in that paragraph.

^^ exactly... If its fake i cant believe that some one on here would do something like that.... then again i am use to people that i am close to lying to me so this is really no shock.

this didn't start on the mcrmy boards. it looks like it started on twitter.

I think this pretty well describes the original incident, fabricated or not:

http://talk.mcrmy.com/index.php?/topic/4101-the-killjoys-never-die-campaign

It's hard to prove or disprove heresy; so, no one can say for sure if this is fictional or true.

Some of the unnecessary details of it, however, make it more malicious if it is a scam:

1. "because she was wearing an MCR shirt."

2. The specific mentioning of the supposed attacker being a "Bieber fan."

Unless someone has been convicted and confessed, no one can know the "because" of a case, and what does being a fan of Justin Bieber have to do with anything except to cause unnecessary friction between fanbases?

Those types of things just create illogical causality.

Regardless of what shirt someone was wearing, there's a bigger story if it's true: Someone was beaten to death. Period.

Also, if it's fabricated, it's highly upsetting to see people becoming invested in the story and themselves feeling pain from it.

Again, no one can really prove or disprove it, we can only say that there are no sources and many reasons for doubt.

As to its recent resurgence: I've found that these things are often dug up by people who were either not around or not paying attention when events originally happened. Whether on purpose or not, they post about said things, and when something is as sensational as this, others pick it up and spread it.

if fans have been murderd, attacked or even leaded to killing themselfs then may they rest in peace, and if it's a scam to maybe turn killjoys against belibers then to be honest to me this is working. If it is true and killjoys do something against the beliebers then are we any better than them, im just saying i no alot of us want to get revenge for killing fellow killjoys but is it what they would of wanted a war against two band armys. If i was them i wouldent.

I want our killjoys to be remembered and loved dead or alive. Im taking this quite seriously as if this is happening anyone of us could be a victum any time soon and i would hate that. So please remember our family and don't get revenge on anyone because of this. Revenge is sweet but should not be taken to extream messures as this.

I found these articles... i don't know if there true but i want people to know. (i hope there not true)

Sniper

‘‘This week, there have been 2 incidents where bodily harm resulted from clashing musical fanbases. Twitter hashtags sprang up on timelines, trending #SingitforSniper. ‘Sniper’ being a young My Chemical Romance fan who was cyber-bullied by a Justin Bieber fan to the point where she attempted suicide via overdose; she is now hospitalized and recovering.’’

‘‘So the next day Sniper tried to commit suicide by drug overdose.’’

Shane

‘‘A fan of the alt-rock band My Chemical Romance was beaten up by a horde of Justin Bieber supporters. Apparently an individual known only as “Shane,” was attacked by a group of seven Beliebers who broke his arm and shoved shards of glass into his legs. This of course resulted in hospitalization.’’

I remember the Sniper one happening during the summer, because the hashtag #singitforsniper actually trended worldwide. I think that one was real because there was a twitter account bullying her (I can't remember it's name, but it was suspended anyway.) And the victim in question had a twitter account (it used to be system_sniper, I think the person who has that account now is the same one that did over the summer but idk.)

http://talk.mcrmy.com/index.php?/topic/2888-singitforsniper-is-what-now

As far as I'm aware, #singitforsniper was the first #singitfor thing. Shane happened not too long after that, and I'm 100% sure it wasn't real.

http://talk.mcrmy.com/index.php?/topic/3004-did-anyone-else-know-about-this

which is why I haven't paid attention to any of the other things, and I'm pretty sure most of them aren't true- they're just people trying to stir up drama and/or draw attention to themselves.

I know. It annoys me, because the Sniper one was genuine, and it was for a good cause.

It's unfair for that, and #SINGitforJapan, to be exploited like that just to get attention and to cause negativity towards other fan bases.

This is getting ridiculous. I don't think I'll #singitfor any individual unless the story was on the news first. This type of thing should have been on the news if it really did happen, right?

The Sarah ans Skye situation is suspiciously similar to the Shane and Sniper stories of a few months ago. One was beaten to death and the other was cyber bullied to suicide, both with the addition of beliebers a few weeks after the stories started. Im pretty sure most believers arent vicious thugs... more like candy coated kids.

Archived