Mikey Way’s New Squier Signature Bass

Tina

ughh i have no excuse to get this.. i already got my self a new bass this year for my birthday... the number of guitars i own increases by one almost every year.... next year shall be no different i think. i want to get another electric... i have my eye on the frank custom... hmmmmm

the only problem i have with this bass is... its too sparkly :D ... draws to much attention... having Shiny instruments when you don't have the skills to play them makes people laugh at you... it's a common thing with any instrument..

though this bass looks really nice

would be cool if he did a video to show how it plays like franks.... looks are squat when it comes to musical instruments. Its all about the SOUND, Playability... how well it holds its tuning, how much maintenance it needs. Physical comfort while playing

now all we need is a signature custom guitar from Ray and a Signature Mic from Gerard(which ill buy in a heart beat)

I checked prices on other Squier's. Goodish news, they were around the $200-$250 area, so now outrageously expensive,

HAHAHA thats nothing... $400 for entry level guitars usually ... give or take for currency exchange form AUS to USA

+ it's Squier not Fender... Squiers are fender copies like Epiphone are Gibson copies...

not saying they aren't as good but these MCR signature guitars and basses i would think are a more affordable copy of the real thing what ever Mikey and Frank plays.

You would have to go into the $1000 plus range to get something comparable... i think.. forgive me if i'm wrong.. but just look at the Stats and the price it tells you all you need to know

this is awesome it's so cool :) i wish i played bass but i supose i could try because it's simlar to guitar.

Plus how come i now see mikey and gerard wearing shades alot cause ive seen loads of interviews where there wearing shades and i swear i cant be the only one who has noticed it. It only started when danger days came out... hmmm...

ughh i have no excuse to get this.. i already got my self a new bass this year for my birthday... the number of guitars i own increases by one almost every year.... next year shall be no different i think. i want to get another electric... i have my eye on the frank custom... hmmmmm

the only problem i have with this bass is... its too sparkly :D ... draws to much attention... having Shiny instruments when you don't have the skills to play them makes people laugh at you... it's a common thing with any instrument..

though this bass looks really nice

would be cool if he did a video to show how it plays like franks.... looks are squat when it comes to musical instruments. Its all about the SOUND, Playability... how well it holds its tuning, how much maintenance it needs. Physical comfort while playing

now all we need is a signature custom guitar from Ray and a Signature Mic from Gerard(which ill buy in a heart beat)

HAHAHA thats nothing... $400 for entry level guitars usually ... give or take for currency exchange form AUS to USA

+ it's Squier not Fender... Squiers are fender copies like Epiphone are Gibson copies...

not saying they aren't as good but these MCR signature guitars and basses i would think are a more affordable copy of the real thing what ever Mikey and Frank plays.

You would have to go into the $1000 plus range to get something comparable... i think.. forgive me if i'm wrong.. but just look at the Stats and the price it tells you all you need to know

Here's the thing.. Squiers and Epiphones aren't copies, they're made by Fender and Gibson. So they are cheaper, but they ARE NOT copies. And normally this guitar would be a $400+ guitar, however the site which I've seen these guitars for sale has very great discounts. And I realize that this is cheap for a guitar, but I am not legally employable, so getting $250ish dollars is a challenge for me, if I had stable income then $250 wouldn't be that much of a problem. Hope I didn't show any hostility, I feel like I'm being mean, but I'm telling you this is upmost sincerity :]

Here's the thing.. Squiers and Epiphones aren't copies, they're made by Fender and Gibson. So they are cheaper, but they ARE NOT copies. And normally this guitar would be a $400+ guitar, however the site which I've seen these guitars for sale has very great discounts. And I realize that this is cheap for a guitar, but I am not legally employable, so getting $250ish dollars is a challenge for me, if I had stable income then $250 wouldn't be that much of a problem. Hope I didn't show any hostility, I feel like I'm being mean, but I'm telling you this is upmost sincerity :]

Ohh sorry my bad *face palm*

i forgot how you can get real gibson copies... that look exactly like gibson guitars but they arn't.... copy was a bad word to use

I know Fender makes Squire and Gibson makes Epiphone.... as a more affordable alternative to their more expensive price range but they do module the products after the more expensive brands with parts made.. etc and imported from overseas...... thats what i was getting at...

In my personal opinion and experience you can get better basses for the same price as a Squire.

When i bought my bass i looked around a lot at different music shops and researched on the internet until i found what i wanted.

I tryed squire basses and i dunno.. up against the Ibenez i got in the same price range and comparing it to the pricier a Fender i just found it had more tonal possibilities with the nobs and the neck was easy to manoeuvre. Not to mention Squires and Fenders are Heavy... :D

But hay thats my opinion and this bass i'm yet to try so it would be interesting to give it a go if i ever came a cross it in a shop.

My understanding is that Squires are great for beginners people who are learning... but coming from guitar playing to bass or for some one who is looking to upgrade i think you should look around and keep your options open you might find something better for the same money.

I love how this bass is going to get so many more people inspired to buy it and learn as well as the guitar frank put out.

Ohh sorry my bad *face palm*

i forgot how you can get real gibson copies... that look exactly like gibson guitars but they arn't.... copy was a bad word to use

I know Fender makes Squire and Gibson makes Epiphone.... as a more affordable alternative to their more expensive price range but they do module the products after the more expensive brands with parts made.. etc and imported from overseas...... thats what i was getting at...

In my personal opinion and experience you can get better basses for the same price as a Squire.

When i bought my bass i looked around a lot at different music shops and researched on the internet until i found what i wanted.

I tryed squire basses and i dunno.. up against the Ibenez i got in the same price range and comparing it to the pricier a Fender i just found it had more tonal possibilities with the nobs and the neck was easy to manoeuvre. Not to mention Squires and Fenders are Heavy... :D

But hay thats my opinion and this bass i'm yet to try so it would be interesting to give it a go if i ever came a cross it in a shop.

My understanding is that Squires are great for beginners people who are learning... but coming from guitar playing to bass or for some one who is looking to upgrade i think you should look around and keep your options open you might find something better for the same money.

I love how this bass is going to get so many more people inspired to buy it and learn as well as the guitar frank put out.

I've wanted to buy a bass before, but this release will definitely get me finally buy one and learn. I already play guitar, so I plan on buying Frank's as well, just as soon as I get the money. Frank's will most likely be twice as much as Mikey's, and since I already have a guitar to play buying a bass first seems more reasonable.

Archived