Killjoy Jacket Design Contest Winners

Tina

Hey Guys, not that ive been seeing it on the boards here but i wanted to address something. Some people have been posting a lot of hate on MCR.com about some of the entries. Everyone is entitled to their opinion as to what they thing is a "winning" entry but i wanted to shed some light on the judging process.

• Each and every entry was looked at/ read by me
  • I took into consideration the design, concept, and blurb (as i know a lot of people aren't amazing artists, etc)
  • a shortlist of 50 was created of entries that were a mix of handmade, drawings, and photoshop type comps
  • i had a colleague go through all the entries i chose and came back with a shortlist of 20
  • i sent the entries to MCR/ the MCR team to look at
  • 3 entries were chosen

Under no circumstances did i see who submitted what entry as that field was hidden. I didn't want my relationships with some of you affect my choices. So, as you can see above, i didn't just take art skills into consideration.

-T

i say props to everybody who entered. and congrats to the winners. it's actually a bit sad that tina had to say all of that. but anyways, i think they're all beautiful, and maybe next time i won't be a procrastinator and i'll end up doing one myself.

I haven't been on here in so long ..... *shame* ..... lol but I got curious and came looking, looks like you guys are a bit nicer over here :lol:

It's getting where I don't want to look at the other site :huh:

But anyway, thanks to all those that have congratulated us winners.. it's pretty awesome ^_^ and I stand behind all the winners, even people who just MADE stuff. Being creative is part of being a killjoy, am I right? I couldn't pass up the opportunity to draw this out, and well needless to say, I'm pleased with the outcome!

<3

I haven't been on here in so long ..... *shame* ..... lol but I got curious and came looking, looks like you guys are a bit nicer over here :lol:

But anyway, thanks to all those that have congratulated us winners.. it's pretty awesome ^_^ and I stand behind all the winners, even people who just MADE stuff. Being creative is part of being a killjoy, am I right? I couldn't pass up the opportunity to draw this out, and well needless to say, I'm pleased with the outcome!

<3

I completely agree with what you said there. Creativity does not necessarily equal talent (e.g. I like to consider myself creative but I can't draw for sh--)! However, girrrrl, you've got talent!

I really think your design deserved to win and I was completely serious when I said on mcr.com that I'd wear it. Love it! Congrats :)

<3

Wow! You guys are right! It is alot nicer over here!! =D (I am new to this site.)

Congrats again WolfMistress! I agree with you. I planned and drew my jacket design out, yet almost didn't enter it. Glad I did. :)

Thanks to everyone for being so nice over here!

Ofcourse, we're nicer on here, that's the whole appeal of this supportive community, it has alot to do with the concept of MCR fans vs. rmy members, since both of these groups like MCR but express it in different ways. I loved your jacket!! It's good you decided to enter. I was in a similar situation with tour reporter, because I had entered and deleted my entry, but it completely paid off for me to stick with it. I love when you get rewarded for your hardwork. We're glad to have you join on us on the boards! Please feel free to come to myself, the mods, or fellow members if you have questions! Welcome! :)

Ofcourse, we're nicer on here, that's the whole appeal of this supportive community, it has alot to do with the concept of MCR fans vs. rmy members, since both of these groups like MCR but express it in different ways. I loved your jacket!! It's good you decided to enter. I was in a similar situation with tour reporter, because I had entered and deleted my entry, but it completely paid off for me to stick with it. I love when you get rewarded for your hardwork. We're glad to have you join on us on the boards! Please feel free to come to myself, the mods, or fellow members if you have questions! Welcome! :)

Thanx for the welcome! =D Yeah, after I spent days drawing and shading the colors, when I finished I thought there's no way mine will get a second glance, but decided to take pics and send them in anyway. Oh and a late congrats to you on the tour reporter gig! That is awesome! Thanx again for the welcome and all the kindness! :D

Archived