Movie Vs Book Vs Internet Adapations Of Characters

monroe

Harry Potter- I like book Hermione more than film Hermione. Actually, I like book everyone more than the film versions.

I like musical Voldemort more than the film and book versions :P

Dexter- I like book Dexter and TV Dexter equally, but TV Rita and Deb more. Book Brian and book Cody are better than their TV versions.

umm... that's all I can think of right now.

I like most of the Harry Potter characters better in the books than the movies, but I do like movie Fred and George better and Ginny is less annoying in the movies. I mostly like Fred and George from the movies more because I don't like their physical description in the books. I also think Harry is less whiny in the movies, but I still like him in the books.

• 1 month later...

I like Movie Harry, Snape, and McGonagall better. Book and movie Hagrids, Nevilles, Lunas, and Lavenders are equal. Just about everyone else is better in the book, especially Hermione, Dobby, Ginny, the Marauders, and the Malfoys.

I can't believe I'm commenting on Twilight, but Bella and Edward aren't as horrible in the Movie, probably because you don't have to deal with Bella's thoughts.

Christian Bale will always be Patrick Bateman to me.

Everyone and everything in Queen of the Damned was way better in the book. Stuart Townsend was sexy, but he wasn't Lestat. Book-Claudia is also way better than in the Interview With The Vampire movie. But I love Tom Cruise as Lestat.

Everything about the Ella Enchanted film was awful, unlike the flawless book. I hate what the movie did to the characters.

I like Movie-Frodo better than Book-Frodo, although the other characters are all about equal.

The characters in 30 Days of Night were mostly all better in the movie. Same for Kick-Ass.

I prefer the graphic-novel Evey Hammond over the movie version in V for Vendetta.

For any adaptation of Dracula, all the characters are better in the book. Especially Dr. Seward and Renfield.

I like Kenneth Branagh as Victor Frankenstein and Helena Bonham Carter as Elizabeth in the movie "Maty Shelly's Frankenstein" better than in the book.

I like the BBC miniseries characters for Pride and Prejudice better than the book or other adaptations.

For Game of Thrones: Tyrion, Viserys, Littlefinger, Cersei, and Ned are way better in the show. Sansa, Drogo, and the wolves are better in the books. But they're all pretty much the same in both, since the casting is so spot on.

In The Walking Dead, I like Lori and Rick more on the show. Andrea is better in the comics.

In The Walking Dead, I like Lori and Rick more on the show. Andrea is better in the comics.

Ugh, yes. So much.

Film Hermione was more attractive which I found kind of strange. she was supposed to be smart but not very pretty...

Same! At least they kind of tried with the hair in the first movie. =/

i thought she was supposed to be at least kind of pretty? i mean, victor krum liked her, and i remember at least a few people who mentioned that she was pretty. just not like, "omg so hot" pretty. i think emma watson pretty much fit that (and would have fit it better if they didn't make her hair perfect and shiny.)

In book she described Hermione has having overly large buck teeth and very untamable hair. In the fourth book she was considered pretty because she used magic and potions to control her hair AND had her teeth reduced to a smaller size after Malfoy cursed her by accident. The ball was the only time that Rowling called her pretty.

and I'm not sure how I feel about Anno Dracula anymore. I haven't read it, but John is my favorite character and I don't know if I want him to be a serial killer.

no, i remember other people calling her pretty at various points in the later books. i just assumed she grew into her looks as she matured.

i mean, i don't think she was on the same league as like, cho chang. but i think as she got older, she was more than "plain-looking" or ugly.

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Hermione_Granger#Physical_appearance

I never thought Cho as pretty. I remember they said she was always hurt when she played, so i always saw her bruised and limping. ahaha

ahaha that would be hilarious.

i wish they did that in the movies.

i could never reconcile her being shorter than harry, since i always thought of harry as really short. so cho would have to be a midget.

Archived