Why Did You Become A Killjoy?

Hello my name is Adrenaline Extermination.

I am on a mission to find out why and how you became a killjoy and what that means to you.

I became a killjoy because I felt outcast,as if I was alone and My Chemical Romance were the once that pulled me out of my depressing lifestyle. Without MCR/my I'd still be the lonely girl that trusted no one and hated life to the point of me asking myself "is it worth it?". Being a killjoy means the world to me thanks to MCR I've made new friends and blossomed as a person.

Now its your turn...

Tell me Why you became a killjoy,How and what that means to you xoxo

I am a Killjoy because this is the first place I've been where I really feel like I can be myself, where I'm not considered a "freak" or accused of being "cryptic" or whatever the hell else. MCR and the MCRmy taught me that it's okay to be myself, that only my opinion of me matters. I destroyed myself for years because I was made fun of and outcast, but being a part of this community helped me patch up eight years worth of mental damage in just one year. Not to say I'm perfect, but I'm doing all right. :)

i became a killjoy because it was a way that i could become the person that i always wanted to be: proud, strong, unafraid, and surrounded by people like me. it was nice being part of something so big, yet feeling so individual. nobody was there to judge, nobody was there to beat down on you. you could be yourself and be yourself as brightly as you chose to. it was a way for me to become part of this fantastical world where everything was colorful, but at the same time dark and dangerous. and funnily enough, because of it, i began to find out how to bring that color and emotion into my regular mundane life.

Simple.. The world is going to shit.. and its going to need people like us people like killjoys to make a difference. To take what we learn from MCR and all the good thats left in the world and fight to make a difference in the big or small ways that we can.

I want to make lights like MCR do and as a killjoy its possible.

Being a killjoy makes me feel apart of something it encourages me to do what i love. It gives me the inspiration and the motivation to make music and hope that some day it will change some ones life like MCR dose for so many other people.

I became a killjoy because MCR made me realize that I didn't need to fit in. I was at a point in my life where I was trying anything to be accepted and as soon as I heard the music, I did a 180 and started running in the other direction. Now I love being unique and being into things that other people find strange or creepy. I was inspired. And then I found the MCRmy who showed me I'm not the only one to have had this reaction, to have been touched this way. I am a killjoy because I choose to Keep Running :)

i became the killjoy because i am an outcast... i never chose to be me and at first i realy hated it but when i listened to MCR for the first time it made me feel like i belong somewhere... the first song i heard was im not okay and i could realy realte to it as well as the music video... i then listened to other songs like ghost of you and helena and they all gave me the same feeling, the feeling that im not alone... i dont care what people say now and im happy for once :D

this is why im a killjoy... i know who i am and where i am because of the band and the fact i can join a army like this is realy amazing. I know im never going to be liked by the people at my school but i have hope and meaning because i listened to that one song that changed everyting. And those bitch-bots can go fuck them-selfs :D

Thankyou Killjoys :)

I became a Killjoy because it was comforting. The MCRmy is like a family. Though I'm still not okay I'm better than before where I was living in a world made of shit. Until I got into My Chemcial Romance I, for some unknown reason I can't explain myself, kept telling myself fuck me, fuck you, fuck the world, fuck life (still can't belive how violent and self destructive I was when I was only 11 :mellow:) Now I KNOW that the world is pretty fucked up but somehow there managed to be soo much more beauty in the world somehow coexsisting with the shit. Once I learned that, I was happier. It got worse though. People that once thought the same as I once did started back-stabbing me saying I wasn't true to them and they were shunning me, calling me names, my once suppossed "friends". I was alone again but I just smiled at those people and their "group" (maybe bacause I was secretly listening to some MCR ^_^ ) I learned, once again, that there might not be people around me that are, well Killjoys but there are plenty in the world. I started noticing more in the country, more in my state, I was very surprised that there were so much in my own city and a couple more than inticipated in my own school :o. Once again, Killjoys are fucking awsome people that will care for you and stick by eachother!!! No judgmenting here. ^_^

for years I spent time trying desperately to fit in but I was never happy. And when I heard MCR I realised that I didn't have to be popular or all that shit to be happy, so with the help of their music I started to discover who I was underneath all the layers I had built up. Some of the people at school take the piss now and it can be hard but when I am finding it difficult I just think of MCR. When I found the MCRmy I suddenly felt like there was a place where I could be myself and share my love of MCR and know that I would be welcome and supported. both MCR and the MCRmy taught me to be happy :)

I'm Insanity Vyce, and I became a Killjoy because I've never really fit in. I've always been the weird one who's supporting causes that everyone else feels strongly against, blasting rock music, and drawing/singing/dancing. When I moved in middle school, I had an easier time making friends than when I was in elementary school. The people in my new town were much more open minded and different. I grew up listening to MCR with my best friend, but it wasn't until early this year that I became a member of the MCRmy and a Killjoy. My new group of friends were all part of the MCRmy, and showed my the videos for Na Na Na and SING. I pretty much fell back in love with the band and became a Killjoy. That group of friends left me once we hit High School and the drama that comes along with it, but I've found a few other Killjoys who I still hang out with to this day. I'm still fairly close to the one Killjoy in that old group, and....well, I guess being a Killjoy just makes sense to me. My Chemical Romance and their fan base has saved my life, inspired me, made me smile, made me laugh, made me cry, dance, sing, and....everything else imaginable. Killjoys are pure art and pure love....and I love being a part of that.

Oh boy! It still feels weird to me being referred to as a "Killjoy". I'm still trying to get accustomed to it. I became a "soldier" back in the summer of 2005, which was our original fandom "tag" before the Killjoys. I guess it wasn't necessarily a tag for the fandom, but for the MCRmy back in those days. I love the idea of "Killjoy" because it's a name that fits all fans, not just those involved with the street team. It's more welcoming, I suppose.

I became a fan of My Chemical Romance when I was about 15 or 16 in the summer of 2005 after discovering "new music" out around that time. Before I was stuck in the past, listening to Classic rock. Nothing wrong with that, but I had a connotation that all "new" music was horrible and there wasn't a such thing as "real" musicians anymore.

Like many, I was bullied back in school so I indulged in music as an escape mechanism, and it got me through rough times. I felt liberated to know that at that time there was a band in the current times that I could relate to. I joined the MCRmy, the first fan orientated message board of My Chemical Romance, in the summer of 2005 and connected with other fans who felt the same way that I did. It was nice knowing that people my age were going through similar experiences.

Now I only listen to them occasionally, hence why I'm hardly active anymore, but I still want to connect with others. I am currently a part of the "Little Monster" movement (Lady Gaga's fandom) who is exactly the same thing to me as MCR was at one time. :)

Archived