Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dia

Mcrmy/killjoy Sightings

During the first month of this school year I noticed a killjoy at my school. It was so obvious! She was wearing the Jet Star jacket and had those round Danger Days stickers on her laptop. And like you, Dia, I had no idea how to react xD I really wanted to go to her and say, "Hi, we don't know each other, but I think you're awesome! :D" but of course I didn't do that xD

...but I wanted to talk to her anyway, so I found her on facebook x'D I spoke to her once during a break afterwards, but we haven't spoken to each other since :s maybe she thought I was weird or whatever xD

And for some reasons the danish killjoys (the majority anyway) don't go to MCRmy.com o.o they have a facebook page and that's it. Kind of sad actually ^^

I'm so blessed to have a circle of friends where the majority are killjoys. We tend to go out of our way when we see someone sporting MCR merch just to say "Love your shirt, dude." I actually had an incident in the school bathroom where this girl and I clashed into each other while she was coming out the door and I was going in. We stared at each other's shirts and simultaneously just blurted out jibberish. She was wearing a shirt with all the guys on and me with my Aim for the Face. Weird but awesome nontheless.

I'm so blessed to have a circle of friends where the majority are killjoys. We tend to go out of our way when we see someone sporting MCR merch just to say "Love your shirt, dude." I actually had an incident in the school bathroom where this girl and I clashed into each other while she was coming out the door and I was going in. We stared at each other's shirts and simultaneously just blurted out jibberish. She was wearing a shirt with all the guys on and me with my Aim for the Face. Weird but awesome nontheless.

Ah you are lucky! I really don't have any friends who are fans. Except for Claudia, that is, but she lives in Vegas, and I'm rarely there any more.

In my town we seem to have some kind of fantastic killjoy infestation, normally I just go up to them and tell them I like their merch... Or if I'm feeling REALLY creepy I'll just walk by and say look alive sunshine. If they're nice they normally respond in a friendly if confused way. Just try and be friendly?

It's AWESOME when people come up to me. XD

There's a mall near me that I ALWAYS seem to see MCR fans at :D

I walked into a store once, and one of the girls working there was immediately said, "I love your shirt, MCR is amazing!" and we talked for a while about all of our favorite songs from them.

Another time I was walking in a store and a boy walked by wearing a Look Alive Sunshine shirt. I stalked him for awhile before I finally went up and told him that I liked his shirt. He said that he liked mine too XD

I ALSO was walking in a city near me, and a guy that looked around 24 was walking the opposite direction on the sidewalk wearing a Look Alive, Sunshine shirt, and I screamed, "I LIKE YOUR SHIRT."

He looked at me like I was crazy, said thanks, then kept walking.

I thought of one I forgot to add!

A while back (maybe summer 2011), I was waiting in line for student rush for a broadway play when I saw this girl get in line with her mother and her sister. She was wearing the Raceway shirt, which at that point had only been sold on WCT tour and this convinced me she must be into them as well. I started talking with the girl and found out she was from Toronto and had seen them a couple months earlier on WCT. We talked about HCT and MCR in general, but were not able to really chat since her mother was trying to talk with her about other things. I asked her if she was on the boards before we parted ways and she said she was not. I encouraged her to get on here and told her about how welcoming the community is. I don't think she is on here now, but it was worth a try, since I'm always in the business of recruiting new boards members :)

i see a few people out and about, but I never say anything.

i also see lots of youngish girls at gigs, but there was a guy who I'd always see in the dining room in Uni wearing a "ART IS THE WEAPON" shirt - he could only have got that from the WCT merch stand - but i never said hi to him or anything...

i'm a bit socially awkward in person and wouldn't have much to say beyond "nice shirt" :/

Snoz Lawrence has worn the white WCT "exterminate" shirt in my presence which made me grin inside :D but i don't think i could consider that a killjoy thing :lol:

When I went to Anime North last year, I wore my Party Poison jacket.

Someone asked to take a picture of the back of my jacket. xD

I ran into a dude that was actually cosplaying Party Poison...I took his picture & we had a nice chat. Coincidentally, he was at the con with this dude I had a Computer Science class with back in high school (grade 11 to be exact). throughout the rest of the day, I was stopped by a bunch of people complimenting me on the jacket and talking about MCR awesome-ness. A few told me that they were going to cosplay as their own killjoys the next day. I think one person was hinting that they wanted to try on the jacket...they were thinking of buying one off of eBay but wasn't sure about the size.

Yeah, totally didn't let them. I'm a little paranoid...

So much funz.

partymini.png

There are a few people at my school that ive guessed at being killjoys, i don know any of them personaly so ive never said anything, but a couple weeks ago i wore my mcr "aim for the face" shirt and two of them smiled at me :)

One more for me: A couple of months ago (I think? Like December or something), I was in a youth hostel in Boston, and I saw I girl wearing a #SINGitforJapan shirt. I walked up to her, asked her if she was a fan, she said yes, I kept prattering on about her shirt and was awkward, and then I walked off. Thinking about it, I probably looked like a dumbass, but at least I said something. XD

I have never met another member of the MCRmy in real life, only on the internet. But if I saw on walking down the street, I'd probably yell "long live the MCRmy!" or "look alive sunshine". I really would.

No other Killjoy has ever spotted me. I always wear MCR shirts and now I wear the Venganza! vest all the time. Oh well, maybe I'm just unluckly.

Last year I went on a school trip to Washington dc it was I think April 10 and it was killjoy day I had packed my costume without my parents knowing and went on the trip. On April 10 I dressed up in my costume and my friends were making fun of me but then we were at the air and space museum and and there was a group of kids dressed up to I ran up to them and was like waaaaaa killjoys for ever! I'm still friends with them to this day :). Also there was like an overflow of killjoys at the mall the teachers took

us to so I fit in perfect and my class mates did not hahaHaha

Oh also I was walking in Boston with my parents and a killed yelled out "look alive sunshine" at me I was in my MCR shirt. He was hot lol

Someone at my university has a MyChem vinyl sticker on their back window.

Also, one time in one of my classes, I sat down with a group of people for a group discussion thing after one of the girls waved me over. She looked at me when I sat down and said, "Are you a MCR fan?" I was wearing the Wanted tour shirt they sold on Honda Civic. It doesn't even say MCR on it... so you have to know SOMETHING about the band to know it was a MCR shirt.

At the festival we have in my hometown, I was walking around with some friends and spotted two girls wearing Black Parade shirts, I think they were from out of town because its a national festival. xD This was... God, years ago.

I often have guys at school come up to me if I am in a class with them and they seem me smoking a cigarette outside the building our class is in. These guys, once, were like, "So, I'm gonna take a guess and assume you like My Chemical Romance" and I looked down at my shirt and then back to them and said, "How did you figure that one out?" And he was like, "It was a lucky guess.... They're okay. I liked that one CD they had." I get that one a lot the "I liked that one CD they had." Most of the time they're talking about The Black Parade, though I did have one guy be like, "I hated The Black Parade, the CD before that with Helena on it, that was the shit!"

I have a really hard time approaching people in person, sometimes even if I know them from the internet. But if I am determined, I get a backbone about it. Like at the WCT show in Atlanta when I just walked right up to Vienna and I was like, "Vienna. I'm Laurie." or the time I ran across a busy street to glomp Shell while she was standing in line waiting for me to show up. xD MCR shows are different I think, I can usually just start up a conversation with someone at those shows cause sometimes its good to make friends with the people near you in line if you have to go get food or go to the bathroom, so they won't let people steal your place or steal your stuff. xD

I'd like to think I'm a very approachable person, I've had quite a few people approach me. xD Though, most of that has been at shows, too. Like at WCT in Atlanta, I had a bunch of The Black Parade is Dead promotional posters I was giving away to people in line, and word went through the line and I had so many people walk up to me and be like, "Hi... uhm... Can I have one of those posters?" And I was like, "Yes! :D" And they were, ":D! THANK YOU SO MUCH!" That makes me happy. :) I like to make sure people have a good time.

Hahaha ohhh.... the awkward moments when I meet another killjoy. It happens quite a lot actually coz theres this group of people that go to my school and I always see them when i go shopping and I can tell they always talk about me and my friend, like if were walking past one of them will say something like "shes wearing an MCR shirt!!!!" yeah it's weird... I don't know why we don't say hi or anything... I guess were just socially awkward. One of them has a Kobra Kid jacket :)

Also, there was this one time when me n my killjoy friend went to this Manga thingy at this bookstore and there was a person dressed as Gee and I wanted to say hey or something so I awkawrdly walked over to her and said "Hey um do you want this dvd?" and handed her the dvd i won in the raffle... to make it less weird I said "just cause your costumes really awesome and I think you should've won" yeah I don't think it worked. She just kinda smiled and said "oh... um thanks"

I saw a Killjoy at a hair salon! MY mom was getting her haircut and I was wearing my SINGItForJapan shirt! And the lady was all like "I love your shirt! It's my chemical romance! Mcrmy forever!" and I wanted to say A MILLION things but I all I said was "YEA!" I know, a major let down!

LOL!! I love this thread because I always feel like this!!

sometimes I strut past in my MCR merch and hope that the other person notices and says something, other times I say really loudly "OMG I love that band!!" lol,

when I met them the next I walked past a girl in a hoodie and I was like "OMG i met them last night" which was quite funny...

and one time when I was drunk I ran up to a girl in a hoodie and pulled my tshirt off whilst forcing her to LOOK at my tattoo!! lol...

I don't think that any of those ideas are that good lol XD xx

I once saw one killjoy at the public computers in my college. He was wearing a MCR backpack. I only managed to give him a thumbs-up, and he did the same. I never saw him again...

In generally when I see someone wearing fandom gear, I'll just point out I like the object and move along unless they make conversation. Particularly on other women; As a she-nerd and a female drummer, I feel the need to support my kind when we rare unicorns come out in public.