Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dia

Mcrmy/killjoy Sightings

Every now and then, usually while in Manhattan, I'll spot a fellow killjoy, but I never know how to react. I get all excited and part of me wants to say hi or yell something out, but then I start feeling like it would be super weird/creepy. Especially because every time I've spotted some one they've been with their family/parents. I've had some one "spot" me, which was really strange, but awesome, because I wasn't actually wearing any MCR stuff (I was wearing an American flag tee with a leather jacket, shiny leggings and boots though, so maybe that was it).

Do you usually say anything, or am I not alone in feeling apprehensive about it? I wish there were some standard signal/wxy to say hi that didn't seem so weird. Perhaps we should come up with one?

Edit: Also, post here if you spot another MCR fan out and about (with a description and location). Maybe they're on the boards too!

I've never spotted a Killjoy and noone ever says anything to me when i wear my MCR tee so i assume theres no MCR fans here sadly :(

And I like 'Look Alive Sunshine' that would be agood thing to shout to a fellow Killjoy :)

we should so make one up! how about shouting look alive sunshine everytime we see another killjoy?

Ah I like it! Ha hopefully I won't be too shy next time I see some one to actually say it :]

Is it weird when people are with their families/parents though? I don't want to seem like some lunatic shouting things at their children ha. It's so weird now because I was on the younger end when I first got into MCR, but now I feel all old :/

I think it's been discussed before, but we really need some kind of hand sign. Any ideas?

SOmeone else shouted 'KILLJOY!' at me once :L

It was scary, but I was smiling for ages afterwards P:

Awe that really makes me wish I wouldn't be such a chicken and just say something! I was just really surprised when I was spotted because I didn't have any MCR stuff on. It was actually when I was shooting a Panic! show. Some girls against the barricade just shouted "you're a killjoy, aren't you!" I'm still wondering how they knew :]

i went to the bio lab one day, and i saw a girl at the lab table with a bag that said "My Chemical Romance" and had the desert spider on one side, and on the other side, it said "Young and Loaded." But she's wxy older than me, so i was too scared to talk to her.

I think i'll say, 'look alive, sunshine' next time i see her. and she'll probably think i'm crazy. but you know what? i am crazy and proud.

I remember seeing a guy at my church wearing a Na Na Na shirt, and I wanted to talk to him but I couldnt find him afterwards. But I've had a lot of people talk to me when I wear one of my MCR shirts.

I've never spotted Killjoys that I don't already know, and no one's spotted me. But I have a plan for when I do meet one! Surreptitiously put on MCR really loud and wait for some kind of reaction. :P If they react, I'll ask them what their favorite MCR song is.

My dream is to run into one of my Rmy friends without planning it. That would be so awesome.

I know a couple of guys aboard killjoys. I saw themmon the bus and I screamed 109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit! They came over to my house afterward to play dart tag. We made BLI targets near the lake and it was fun. Lost like 100 darts but fun. But then the brothers moved. It really sucked when they moved.

whenever i see somebody in their mcr related clothing i usually do the whole awkward "hey, nice shirt" thingamabob. it's quite nice when they get excited enough to talk about it. i actually met a really good friend that way. it's strange. sometimes if i think that it's really strange i'll kidnap a friend who was probably window shopping while i was scanning the sidewalks and drag them close to the killjoy and talk really loud about mcr. then random person can come find us if they like. it's a fantastic system really. only works about 15% of the time. i mean, come on guys, grow a pair. jk. i just have no boundaries.

Yea, not too long ago I saw a girl walking around Manhattan wearing the Party Poison jacket. And then the other day I saw a girl wearing the Killjoy comic book shirt. The former was across the street and the latter walked by really fast before I could decide whether I was going to say anything. I'll suck it up next time.

Sadly I've never seen anyone walking around with a MCR shirt or anything :(

I wear MCR shirts like 90% of the time, too... I must be unlucky.

Sadly I've never seen anyone walking around with a MCR shirt or anything :(

I wear MCR shirts like 90% of the time, too... I must be unlucky.

Every time I've spotted some one its been in Manhattan. Where about in Manhattan are you? I'm in Brooklyn, but right along the East River (Downtown Brooklyn), so its really easy to get to Manhattan for me.

I haven't spotted a fellow MCR fan when I'm out and about doing my daily life. If I were to meet/spot one depending on the circumstances/situation I'd probably acknowledge them...maybe say hi.

I do like the idea of ''look alive sunshine'' as a greeting though.

=)

i've spotted two. First there was a girl with a Gerard Way shirt and then there was this guy with a Jet Star jacket, but i'm way too shy to say anything :( Wish i was brave enough to say anything!

There's almost no MCR fans here! i feel so lonely, wish i had a killjoy friend!

I've never met any MCR fans other than myself, which makes me sad. Apparently no one listens to them around here. I would love to see one, cause I would most definitely say something to them, no matter how weird they think I am. :)

I hung out with a few people I had met through the MCRmy back when it was on TSN at a show. But that was forever ago (like 2005).

Damnit, I've already failed. I saw a guy wearing an MCR hoodie the other day at the Dr. Marten's NYC store (he worked there). Of course, I said nothing.

Not too long ago I was wearing my comic book shirt and a girl said "I love your shirt!" I was surprised and looked at her and she was wearing the mousekat shirt so I just told her "I love yours too!" I was in a hurry on my way to work so I didn't stop. I wish I would have :(

It totally made my day to see a fellow Killjoy though.

Last time I went to the mall some said "MCR! I love your shirt. KILLJOYS FOREVER!" And then made a heart with her hands. It was cool.

I also usually do stuff like that. But I live in a small place so there aren't many killjoys

I saw a couple twice this year. Once I was on 149th street-- I spotted a girl in the train station wearing the red-and-blue fingerless gloves. I stood there for several minutes trying to think of a way to talk to her without seeming creepy, but I was going somplace with my mom and she left me behind, so I ran off. XD

The other time I was on Bainbridge, walking towards Lehman, and this kid rode past me on a bike, and he was wearing a Parade-era shirt. I couldn't talk to him because he rode by too fast. :(

Myself, I've never been spotted, because I have no merch. I suck. :'(

I've only met one other killjoy around here (who I didn't convert). I was playing Danger Days on my computer when I walked into play practice and she ran over to me. She asked me if I was a Killjoy and when I said yes, she introduced herself. It's really nice when fellow fans (no matter what the fandom) just start talking to me. I now make sure to blast MCR and/or wear my Mousekat shirt whenever I stay after school and keep an eye out for other Killjoys. If only I could get up the courage to just go up to someone and ask...

Oh, and I love using "Look alive Sunshine" as a greeting!