Writing A Paper On Mcr!

GhostOfMikey

I'm not sure if this is supposed to go in the MCR Discussion or where it is now, but if it's not in the right place, please feel free to move it.

So I'm writing a paper on MCR, and my thesis is: "My Chemical Romance is one of the most influential bands of our time and has saved many lives with their music and activism."

I need the MCRmy's help to prove it!

So please post your stories here. I'm sure there's already been a thread for this, but it would really help me if you could leave me some person info, like your real name. If you don't want to that's fine, but if possible, please do. Tell me how MCR has saved your life!

It's been forever since I've been on this forum. How is everyone?

I wish I was able to write a thesis like this. MCR does save lives! I remeber in my darkest of times I was a real messed up. MCR would be the band I'd listen to all day, everyday. I always have their songs playing as a backround in my room. In this one paticular self-harming/suicidal night I was crying and going crazy in my room. My fists kept pounding the walls and I was knocking things over, I was left home alone for a while so I thought it'd be the perfect time to do whatever I wanted. My life would've ended or I could've gotten severely hurt if I hadn't listened closly to what was playing, "Headfirst For Halos." I thought it wasn't worth it and just listened to the rest of the song smiling actually taking the advise of thinking happy thoughts. I was doing a lot of thinking that night while I tried to clean up as much as I could and think of an excuse explainng some broken things. I'm not too sure why I was phsycotic that day, I think I didn't get my way or something. Now and forever more I always think to myself, "Nothing is worth risking my life over. It's not worth it. Don't do it. Never resort to violence." Basic quotes MCR always says. :)

Well that's one of my MCR life saving moments, good luck with your thesis!

P.S. my real name is Susana P. if you need it :)

This sounds great. Im awful at explaining things, so ill try best as i can. Well theyve been a big influence for me, the 1st time i heard there music it was like someone understanding me. As has been said, they really do save lives. Theyve been there at my lowest point, i had issues with food, hated how i looked, self harmed and had some bad thoughts. They helped me through it and they remind me that its ok to look how i look, and its ok to be me, and that i dont need to hurt myself and my life is worth it. My real names yasmin.

There was one time I was in a horrible mindset and I felt like shit and then the Famous Last Words video came on and I stared crying my eyes out because of the lyrics. They saved my life in a metaphorical way by making me realize that I wasn't alone and I never will be with the support of the MCRmy and the band itself

I hope this helps

my real name is Sarah H

My life hasn't been saved, but I have been hugely influenced by the band. I wrote about how I came to hear of and fall in love with the band on my blog, in great detail : http://indifferentignorance.com/2011/09/12/10-years-10-days-old-people-are-allowed-to-get-a-little-off-topic-and-reminiscant/

It's pretty long, but I talk about a lot of things you want to write about :)

Just so you know, i suck at explaining things.. sorry!

So i was really depressed and it got worse and worse everday. I was really close to start cutting. But then, me and my sister was driving home and a mcr song was playing (famous last words)and i fell in love and yea, i started to listen to them. Anyway after a while i heard about Geezy's problem and how he delt with it, i got very inspired. I kinda listen to what he said and how every one can make it, how he was living proof. I got more sure about my self. Am still depress and their still helping me but, i'm not thinking about suiside. Am not cutting. They help me so much with their music and words. And they still are. This band saved my life.

Archived