The Legend Of Zelda

Headphone Hotshot

so who likes it?

There's what like...13 different zelda games now? I've only played and beaten Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and the two little side ones I guess you can call them on the DS which would be Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. I never got the chance to finish Majora's Mask since I was using my cousins Nintendo 64 for that. But yeah, I wish I could play more of them, but I don't even know if that's possible now....But Link is definately one of my favorite characters in a video game.

I pre-ordered Skyward Sword and I'll be getting it in about 2 weeks or so.

So anyone else a zelda nerd? which ones have you played??

LOVE LOVE LOVE Zelda games.

I have Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time (N64), Majora's Mask (N64), and Link's Awakening (Gameboy)

I'm trying to beat Ganondorf on Ocarina of Time but I keep dying. ;_;

And I can't get past the protect the wagon while defeating those orcs/bird on Twilight Princess. I know what I have to do though.

I think Majora's Mask is the best one. I love the whole concept of being able to wear different masks and metamorph into a super character. Lol

so who likes it?

There's what like...13 different zelda games now? I've only played and beaten Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and the two little side ones I guess you can call them on the DS which would be Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. I never got the chance to finish Majora's Mask since I was using my cousins Nintendo 64 for that. But yeah, I wish I could play more of them, but I don't even know if that's possible now....But Link is definately one of my favorite characters in a video game.

I pre-ordered Skyward Sword and I'll be getting it in about 2 weeks or so.

So anyone else a zelda nerd? which ones have you played??

The two DS ones are commonly low down on "best of series" lists....

If you have a wii, there's a shop channel with a feature called Virtual Console.

You can get the original two games, the third one A Link to the Past and the two n64 titles Ocarina of Time + Majora's Mask for download on it :)

If you have a 3DS you can get a remade version of Ocarina of Time, the original two titles for download, a free download "Zelda: 4 Swords Anniversary Edition" (also available if you have a DSi) and the GBC title "Links Awakening"

Or if you have a DS/DS Lite with the GBA slot you should be able to pick up the GBA titles "Minish Cap" and portable version of A Link to the Past.

I'd recommend at the minimum getting your hands on Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask (both 3D titles) + A Link to the Past. :)

And I can't get past the protect the wagon while defeating those orcs/bird on Twilight Princess. I know what I have to do though.

I think Majora's Mask is the best one. I love the whole concept of being able to wear different masks and metamorph into a super character. Lol

Yeah, that part on TP gave me a hard time too. so frustrating! lol

and yeah, I liked that about MM too... but I never got past the third day...when I was younger I think it was too hard for me and I always had to start over. Earlier this year my cousin whipped it out and I started playing it again but I STILL couldn't get past the third day. Only cause this time I had to come back home. lol

The two DS ones are commonly low down on "best of series" lists....

If you have a wii, there's a shop channel with a feature called Virtual Console.

You can get the original two games, the third one A Link to the Past and the two n64 titles Ocarina of Time + Majora's Mask for download on it :)

If you have a 3DS you can get a remade version of Ocarina of Time, the original two titles for download, a free download "Zelda: 4 Swords Anniversary Edition" (also available if you have a DSi) and the GBC title "Links Awakening"

Or if you have a DS/DS Lite with the GBA slot you should be able to pick up the GBA titles "Minish Cap" and portable version of A Link to the Past.

I'd recommend at the minimum getting your hands on Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask (both 3D titles) + A Link to the Past. :)

thanks for the tips! I was already aware of downloading some of them on the Wii and the DSi, but I can't figure out how to get internet connection on either of them... <_<

and I would love to play the 3D version of Ocarina of Time, but I don't have a 3DS and I don't think I'd want to buy it just for that one game...since I have a DSi already.

Yeah, that part on TP gave me a hard time too. so frustrating! lol

and yeah, I liked that about MM too... but I never got past the third day...when I was younger I think it was too hard for me and I always had to start over. Earlier this year my cousin whipped it out and I started playing it again but I STILL couldn't get past the third day. Only cause this time I had to come back home. lol

There is only 3 days :P

Basically the whole game revolves around that 3 day mechanic and time travel. You've got to do the first dungeon before the 3 days ends....Then it'll end up warping you back to the first day. Your progress with dungeon completion saves, and so does your items you've collected....However everyone else is oblivious to the fact all that happened (as you've gone back in time) and so it's kinda like the film Groundshog Day if you've ever seen that :)

Basically you gotta do the four dungeons eventually, each within a 3 day period (you can also half the time rate, or speed it up) to get to the final boss. but there's a ton of side quests to do and it's really deep (there's 24 masks in total to collect, to get the final mask and the better ending)

Some people only appear in some places at certain times and so on...so you gotta figure out all that and how to help them :)

Complicated but once you get the hang of it it's fun!

Walkthrough: http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda06-majoras-mask-walkthrough.php

You got wifi/want any help setting up your consoles if you do? ^^

I LOVE the Zelda series. A Link To the Past was my first videogame love. The iconic town music returning in Ocarina, and then the hyrule castle music being used in Twilight Princess still makes me feel all kinds of giddy nostalgia.

I've played and beaten:

- A Link to the Past (which is also re-released on GBA as Four Swords)

- Ocarina of TIme, the undisputed best in the series

- Majora's Mask, which is wonderfully strange and FRUSTRATING. I still have my gold N64 controller that came with it.

- Wind Waker, which I don't really like

- Phantom Hourglass. I don't know why other DS games don't utilize the DS features the way this did. It was really fun.

- Spirit Tracks

- and Twilight Princess, which managed to be a very close second to Ocarina in my heart. Such a fun and beautiful game.

I've also played Link's Awakening, but I couldn't get very far in it at the time and I lost the cartridge at some point. It's a really strange and trippy game, even weirder than Majora's Mask. I need to find a rom and replay it at some point.

I'm tyring to ignore Skyward Sword since I don't have a Wii and don't plan on getting one just for this game.

With work and college, I don't have time for videogames anymore anyway :(

I wholeheartedly second this. Ocarina of Time cannot be missed.

You can always download and play them on your computer for free, although it's legally sketchy. Get emulators for the N64 and SNES, and download roms for the games. Register at Romulation.net. You should be able to find a lot of info on their forums about how to do this.

There is only 3 days :P

Basically the whole game revolves around that 3 day mechanic and time travel. You've got to do the first dungeon before the 3 days ends....Then it'll end up warping you back to the first day. Your progress with dungeon completion saves, and so does your items you've collected....However everyone else is oblivious to the fact all that happened (as you've gone back in time) and so it's kinda like the film Groundshog Day if you've ever seen that :)

Basically you gotta do the four dungeons eventually, each within a 3 day period (you can also half the time rate, or speed it up) to get to the final boss. but there's a ton of side quests to do and it's really deep (there's 24 masks in total to collect, to get the final mask and the better ending)

Some people only appear in some places at certain times and so on...so you gotta figure out all that and how to help them :)

Complicated but once you get the hang of it it's fun!

Walkthrough: http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda06-majoras-mask-walkthrough.php

You got wifi/want any help setting up your consoles if you do? ^^

OH MY GOD MY BRAIN HURTS!! lol. I never knew that.... :blink:

now it just sounds way (haha way :wub:)..complicating. ugh. I'm definately gonna need that walkthrough. thanks for the link :D

I LOVE The Legend of Zelda!!!!!!

Im old so I played the original ones when they came out. I even watched the cartoon and ate the Nintendo cereal with the Zelda shapes!!!! Yeah you're probably all too young to even know it existed lol.

I also played Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. I can't wait for Skyward Sword. Of course I was hoping it would come out once the new Wii was out but I'm still going to get it.

Yes! The gold wii-mote is something I want. I have the red Super Mario Bros 25th anniversary console, so it would be cool to have a gold one to go with the red wii-mote.

The Nintendo cereal came out just before I was born, but you can find it on Ebay once in awhile. (Albeit for outrageous prices, but that's nostalgia for you!)

I hadn't thought about using an emulator for it, Marie (I typed Mario by accident...) but I'm going to go look into that right now.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a dream I was in the Skyward Sword world flying around with my homes, who happened be a blue bird thing of questionable size. We came across a boy in gray scale. He looked like someone from a Chinese story/film I watched as a young child some years ago.

Anyway we were roof hopping and came across a hollow log and inside there rested a giant tarantula. For some reason it was a web making. There is almost no logic to that. Anyway, the gray scale boy wants me to go in the log and I say, Hell no. There is a hell beast inside and I walk away and the boy tries to push me and I almost landed face first on it and I'm all, fuck this. So I crawl out and fly away but that bastard picks up the hell beast and chases after me!

He throws it at my face. It lands. I wake up and curl into a fetal position.

and yes.

I love Zelda. No. Not Zelda. Link. I like him.

I invited one friend to come over to have a Zelda party on the 19 and now there are about 5 people coming over. We are going to make Triforce cookies. I am excited for my Zelda party :D

And for Skyward Sword!

oh my god I want some triforce cookies!!! :o

lol and you should make dressing up a requirment. haha :lol:

and YESSS! skyward sword! I get to get my hands on that baby on sunday. whoo-hoo!

Archived