Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

killjoy_tara

Quick Questions (Merge Fail. )

I see a lot of you with "Keeper of ..." in your siggy. What is that for, persay?

[MOD NOTE: Uhm, so I merged some topics and had a bit of an epic fail. O_O Anyways, yeah. This is an example of a "Quick Question." - L.]

Hey guys! We got a great suggestion to add a pinned topic for quick questions that we get often or come up more than others.

If you're browsing and you have a question about something that hasn't already been addressed you can ask it here and someone will explain. Like for example:

"Why do people type 'w*y'? Will I get banned if I type 'way?'"

And someone can pop in and explain like this:

"We realized that in lyrics they say the word Way a lot and that's Mikey & Gerard's last name. And it caused us to laugh everytime we heard it so we had to censor it. It started on the old MCRmy, and no, you won't be banned for typing it normally."

Pretty simple, I think. Plus it will help us keep down on any surplus of questions and it will also help you guys if you decide you wanna make a topic and you're not sure if it would be against the rules or not, because somethings are in a grey area.

We just thought it would be very helpful, so feel free to ask things and we'll sort it out for you.

Thanks!

MCRmy.com Moderators.

"We realized that in lyrics they say the word Way a lot and that's Mikey & Gerard's last name. And it caused us to laugh everytime we heard it so we had to censor it. It started on the old MCRmy, and no, you won't be banned for typing it normally."

Oh.. okay i thought it was strange why people went 'w*y' plus in the ghost of you it repeats 'way down' and and it seams kinda relevent to the video because technicly a way is down (poor mikey). I know they decided the video after the song but it got the perfect lyrics to match it. Plus i get confused in 'my way homes through you' as it goes 'cant find the way'. I just think that they use the word 'way' in the wrong way sometimes. :D

"Why do people type 'w*y'? Will I get banned if I type 'way?'"

And someone can pop in and explain like this:

Oh.. okay i thought it was strange why people went 'w*y' plus in the ghost of you it repeats 'way down' and and it seams kinda relevent to the video because technicly a way is down (poor mikey). I know they decided the video after the song but it got the perfect lyrics to match it. Plus i get confused in 'my way homes through you' as it goes 'cant find the way'. I just think that they use the word 'way' in the wrong way sometimes. :D

I kept seeing people posting it was because on the other Rmy fangirls would be completely pshyco about stating they'll be "the next misus Way", so to control them they censored it, huh. But I don't think I should be telling you guys this since I personally have only been to THIS MCRmy, never even seen the 'old' one but I hear people are still on :)

I kept seeing people posting it was because on the other Rmy fangirls would be completely pshyco about stating they'll be "the next misus Way", so to control them they censored it, huh. But I don't think I should be telling you guys this since I personally have only been to THIS MCRmy, never even seen the 'old' one but I hear people are still on smile.gif

yeah I found out about the whole "wxy" thing like a wide-eyed child being told fire-side tales of dragons and wolves.

have only ever been on this "new" Rmy site so I didn't really know anything about this. funny that people get so bad that even members names weren't allowed to be used blink.gif

I kept seeing people posting it was because on the other Rmy fangirls would be completely pshyco about stating they'll be "the next misus Way", so to control them they censored it, huh. But I don't think I should be telling you guys this since I personally have only been to THIS MCRmy, never even seen the 'old' one but I hear people are still on :)

What?

No, no, no. LOL. When I say "old" MCRmy. I am referring only to The Street Network's MCRmy which was what this MCRmy USED to be. The MCRmy at MCRmy.com used to be The Street Network's MCRmy. LOL. Street Network's MCRmy no longer has a website because... this is that website, because The Street Network shut down. Its long and complicated.

I can't speak for any other site, but I can tell you that the majority of people here that use it probably use it because another member was using it because that other member was from the old site.

I don't use it because it messes up with my typing when I write papers. xD We used to have sayings like "Anyray..." "Anybryar..." to keep from typing the word at all. xD

[MOD NOTE: Uhm, so I merged some topics and had a bit of an epic fail. O_O Anyways, yeah. This is an example of a "Quick Question." - L.]

sorry!

:unsure:

Hey im new to the mcrmy and ive noticed that pretty much everyone here types way like wxy...can someone explain this to me??? i know that i probably sound really stupid for asking :( is it just to get the readers attention to the word way as in gee or mikey? ive been a fan of mcr for a really long time now but this totally has me stumped!!! help?? :$

It was to do with the old MCRmy boards. Everyone would freak out when someone said "Way" so as far as I know there was a censor to make it "Wxy" so no one would freak out and fangirl when anyone said "Way". It's kind of an old tradition brought onto these boards I guess.

I think the old boards censored out the word "Way" and so people came up with "Wxy" to go around the censor. And I agree, it turned into a tradition that some people still carry on here.

I swear I pronounced it in my head as "wixy" for the longest time. Yeah, it's a tradition. I think it also had something to do with gross fan fiction being ripped from other sites, but idk. I wasn't there for that. I think there's a better answer for this on the questions thread, if you want.

Also, OMGEE NEW PERSON HI I'M JACKIE! *hugs*

I swear I pronounced it in my head as "wixy" for the longest time. Yeah, it's a tradition. I think it also had something to do with gross fan fiction being ripped from other sites, but idk. I wasn't there for that. I think there's a better answer for this on the questions thread, if you want.

Also, OMGEE NEW PERSON HI I'M JACKIE! *hugs*

aha hey :) im rachel! :P *hugs back*

hey guys i know this probably sounds really stupid but i cant figure out how to post pictures on here!!! like if i choose a file to attatch to a comment or whatever it never shows up!!!! help!!!!! :(

To add a picture from your computer:

1.) Upload your picture to Photobucket

1.) Right-click the image and select "Copy Image Location" OR Hover over the thumbnail of your image and select Image URL. This is the URL of your image

To add a picture to your post you need to:

1.) Copy the URL of the image. Find your picture on Google or refer to above steps.

2.) Click the icon of the photo of the tree. (located above the post you are inputting)

3.) Paste the URL where it says "Image URL"

4.) Click "Insert Image"

Tada!

tumblr_llgg8u7DiU1qgjxoco1_500.gif

does anyone know where this is from? i mean, i saw it in LOTMS, but is there like a video of a performance or something? post a link if you find it on youtube please!(:

Bulletproof heart: is it talking with a laser blade or laser beam? Because in the lyrics booklet it says blade but it really sounds like beam.

Bulletproof heart: is it talking with a laser blade or laser beam? Because in the lyrics booklet it says blade but it really sounds like beam.

Huh, I didn't notice it said that in the lyrics book. I always thought it was beam, and I'm pretty sure live he said beam. Don't forget though that in the lyrics book it says the intro to Destroya says "sick, I'm so sick sick sick sick sick", when I don't think he says that. Hmm...

Huh, I didn't notice it said that in the lyrics book. I always thought it was beam, and I'm pretty sure live he said beam. Don't forget though that in the lyrics book it says the intro to Destroya says "sick, I'm so sick sick sick sick sick", when I don't think he says that. Hmm...

On destroya it does sound like check, check but if you listen really closley it does sound like sick, sick to me.

On destroya it does sound like check, check but if you listen really closley it does sound like sick, sick to me.

If you listen to it through earphones one ear at a time, I swear you can make out the "ch" sound. But then Gerard does speak funny so :P