American Horror Story

zombieserenade

This show is just fantastic. Surely there are others here who watch it.

I love how weird and disturbing it is.

The references to other horror movies and shows are awesome, too.

I get a kick out of seeing Russel from True Blood (who got burnt in the sun) showing up as the man with the burn scars.

This week's part 1 of the Halloween episodes was crazy.

What was on that ultrasound.

Addy D:

Tate in the gimp suit !

And then that ending.

If you haven't watched it yet, there will be a marathon on Monday, Halloween, of all four of the episodes so far.

Last night's episode was wild. Wow. It was like a disoriented dream with all the different things going on, but it worked.

I'm interested to see whether Ghost-Addy will manifest normally or as "a pretty girl"

And I am so disturbed by my attraction to Tate.

We're halfway through the season now.

I'm surprised and glad it has been successful enough to be renewed for a second season, although Ryan Murphey's track record means he'll completely ruin it.

HAHA Marie, me too. I wasn't going to admit that, but...Tate is most definitely intriguing.

That moment with Addy and Constance in the morgue was heartbreaking. So many good things last night. A lot of people were skeptical about how this could last another season, but I'm so glad to see that it will get a chance. I find it very easy to watch over again as well, because I pick up things that I hadn't when it aired originally.

• 2 weeks later...

PLEASE DON'T SAY IT'S HIS LAST EPISODE. NO WAY.

i mean obviously, he's back next week because of the previews. shirtless Tate and all.

The word was the he was only in 7 episodes, but clearly that's not true. Ooops.

I'm definitely happy about it, though.

Aside from that one interesting comment made wondering about what would happen if the house was torn down, and the rest of the 1920's backstory, this week's episode wasn't so great.

agreed. it was slower. although, it did reveal more of the Langdon's past. there is obviously a whole lot of problem there. I really want to know why Tate hates his mother so bad. I think by far, their story is the most intriguing.

as far as the baby(ies?) go, i'm hella confused. there has to be a satan spawn in there.

I tried watching the first episode of this show the other week in the dead of the night, alone. I was too freaked out to continue watching - I called it quits halfway through. I think this is a show to watch in the day time times and with company. I am rather intrigued by the gimp though!

i love this show. i'm so stressed by all the possible theories. but, TODAY IS THE DAY!

maybe now my anxiety will go away for a little while. plus, i here we get a lot of insight to the Langdon family, and there will be a lot of Tate / Violet.

also, Straylight, you really should watch. you won't regret it.

Wow. Last night's episode did NOT disappoint.

I really expected Constance's husband to be the Rubber Man, but the unexpected reveal was even better.

Totally, deeply disturbing, and a complete troll move from the writers, but perfect.

I love how much fans are getting pissed off over it.

And I actually liked Hayden a lot in this episode.

Vivian's whole ordeal was heartbreaking.

Luke standing up for her was awesome. He is such a breath of fresh air.

i feel really bad for Viv. she's trying so hard to prove she's right :(

also, i really can't stand Hayden. she's just screwing things up.

as for Rubberman Tate... i just don't know how to feel. i'm so upset. i like the twist in character, but it really kinda kills me. i don't understand all his motivation. it's like he's just been feeding everyone crap. is he honest about anything?

I'm sure making everyone feel confused and sickened is what the writers intended with that revelation, but I'm not sure what you mean when you question his honesty saying he's just been feeding everyone crap?

(I'm only putting this in a spoiler tag for anyone who has not seen the episode "Rubber Man" yet)

He's a ghost. So like the others trapped in the house, he's a bit more crazy and less bound by logic. In his twisted way, he's trying to help Nora. And he directly attributed it to his "mommy issues," which we will learn more about in later episodes. These motivations seem true, if nothing else is. We've already seen how horrible Constance was to two of her other children, and there is still a fourth child we don't know about yet (possibly Tate's identical twin?). The influence of the House combined with Tate's already disturbed mental state, carried over from his living self, push his actions way over the top. And the scenes between him and Hayden back up the fact that his feelings for Violet are real. The end of their conversation -- were they talking about keeping Violet there by driving out Vivian, or alluding to the fact that he has to kill her to keep her there?

Archived