Help Needed: Thesis On Mcr

WolfHazard

Okay Killjoys, I need your help!

I'm in a college class titled "Music and Words in the Quest for Expression" and for our final thesis paper and presentation, we had to choose an artist that we loved. I, of course, immediately chose My Chemical Romance.

I've come up with the following thesis statement: Theband, My Chemical Romance, has played an influential role not only in thealternative rock scene, but also in the lives of fans and non-fans alike,demonstrated by the core messages and themes of their music as well as the change-orientedaction that they inspire.

We have to cite books and journals and everything in the paper, as it is a legitimate and serious analysis of the artist. However, the final presentation that we use to explain the paper must include song examples, pictures and whatever else we need to explain the point.

WHAT I NEED HELP WITH:

-Great Concert Pictures

-Fan/MCRmy Pictures

-Quotes by MCR

-Personal stories (only if you are willing to share) of how MCR impacted your life

-Any advice that you can give on what songs to choose to play

AGAIN, this is a legit analysis assignment SO IF YOU CAN REFER ME TO OTHER SOURCES THAT WILL HELP THANK YOU!

I'm already thinking of including clips from LOTMS and #SINGItForJapan

ANY HELP WHATSOEVER IS GREATLY APPRECIATED smile.gif

Good luck on your analysis.

I've done a lot of research based around music, culture and have tried to apply it with MCR. If I still have any sources that I've used bookmarked, I'll let you know.

Also, I know (if you have Twitter), @MCRmySoldier87 (I think it MIIIIGHT be her name here, too, but I'm unsure) is doing research right now that deals with rituals of music fans, so she may be able to point you to some interesting sources to help!

When I was being bullied I was on the verge of self-harming I had no friends no one I could trust and I never spoke at all during the 6 hours of school, I was a mess but when I started to listen to MCR it gave me the courage to accept myself and now I have tons of friends,I am really social and I have sworn never to ever ever ever even think of self hamring again all thanks to MCR and The MCRmy without their lyrics,quotes and interviews I'd never have been able to accept myself and stand up to those who bully/victimise me so really I owe MCR with my life <3

QUOTES:

"Whether you're a size 36 or 18,you're beautiful.As long as you're a good person and respect your self and others, you're beautiful."

-Gerard

"If you're ever in a dark place, don't resort to violence. Talk to someone; whether it be a therapist, teacher, parent, or just someone you can trust. We all have our dark places and it's important that you get help."

-Gerard

"There was a moment in my life when I really wanted to kill myself. And there was one other moment when I was close to that.... But even in my most jaded times, I had some hope.”

-Gerard Way

“If for one minute you think you’re better than a sixteen year old girl in a Green Day t-shirt, you are sorely mistaken. Remember the first time you went to a show and saw your favourite band. You wore their shirts, and sang every word. You didn’t know anything about scene politics, haircuts or what was cool. All you know was that this music made you feel different from anyone you shared a locker with. Someone finally understood you. This is what music is about.”

-gerard way

http://www.topix.com/forum/who/my-chemical-romance/TC5NE26M9LQBB8S9J

Hope any of this helped :) Good luck on your paper!

When I was being bullied I was on the verge of self-harming I had no friends no one I could trust and I never spoke at all during the 6 hours of school, I was a mess but when I started to listen to MCR it gave me the courage to accept myself and now I have tons of friends,I am really social and I have sworn never to ever ever ever even think of self hamring again all thanks to MCR and The MCRmy without their lyrics,quotes and interviews I'd never have been able to accept myself and stand up to those who bully/victimise me so really I owe MCR with my life <3

QUOTES:

"Whether you're a size 36 or 18,you're beautiful.As long as you're a good person and respect your self and others, you're beautiful."

-Gerard

"If you're ever in a dark place, don't resort to violence. Talk to someone; whether it be a therapist, teacher, parent, or just someone you can trust. We all have our dark places and it's important that you get help."

-Gerard

"There was a moment in my life when I really wanted to kill myself. And there was one other moment when I was close to that.... But even in my most jaded times, I had some hope.”

-Gerard Way

“If for one minute you think you’re better than a sixteen year old girl in a Green Day t-shirt, you are sorely mistaken. Remember the first time you went to a show and saw your favourite band. You wore their shirts, and sang every word. You didn’t know anything about scene politics, haircuts or what was cool. All you know was that this music made you feel different from anyone you shared a locker with. Someone finally understood you. This is what music is about.”

-gerard way

http://www.topix.com...5NE26M9LQBB8S9J

Hope any of this helped :) Good luck on your paper!

Thank you so much for sharing that! I love to read how MCR have changed lives, it literally brings a huge smile to my face smile.gif

That sounds like an AWESOME class! I'd love to help you out with this!

I could see if any of my pictures are worth presenting from the 2 concerts I've been to... and I would love to help you pick a few songs to analyze. I've incorporated a few MCR songs into college-level presentations successfully!

If there's anything else you want help with just ask! (I'm a writing tutor here at my college, and I'd be more than welcome to look over a rough draft for you! It's my pleasure!)

Also I forgot to add Wolf, that you are more than welcome to use my tour report and my entry into tour reporter, since I remember that you had liked it. I talked the community in their a good bit and that could help you as well. I know you had asked me about this in our pm but I couldn't remember if I directly said yes

http://www.mychemicalromance.com/blog/mcr/tour-blogger-honda-civic-tour-detroit

http://sulfursiren.buzznet.com/user/journal/12779101/broken-city-sky-like-butane/

Also, two other things from my profile which may be helpful. I've always loved this quote, since it seems to get to the heart of the matter about our connection with music. It's not MCR related, but it rings so true for me. It came from the introduction to a book. I've included the link below for the full intro if you'd like to use it. Hope all this is helpful!

"I’ve never met a person who didn’t have a personal relationship with music. Some of us have deeper ones than others, but we’re all in the cathedral. It could have been a band or a voice that first opened the doors. Or maybe it was a rhythm or a melody that called you to the pews. But when we heard that sound, whatever it was, we were transformed" ~Brandon Flowers

Here's the link to the full introduction if you'd like it

Ash's statement here always summed up to me what this rmy is about. If you'd like to ask her if you could use it, I'm sure she would most likely say yes.

Even though we're far apart, we're family. We understand each other without any judgement. You all are really in my heart, and each and every one of you are important to me. It may not mean much, but when you're really feeling like you don't even have the strength to get out of bed, please have the strength to remember that there are people, though they may seem a million miles away, love you for who you are and what you'll become. Have the strength to remember that if it seems like there's nobody who needs you, WE need you. I don't care what anybody says about this Rmy, all I know is that you guys matter to me. I want you all to be able to smile once in awhile...I know how hard it is sometimes...and sometimes it's hard to believe that anybody wants you around, or that you feel meaningless...Sometimes you cry so hard that you can actually feel the pain of your heart breaking...Sometimes you're thankful for that one little moment that makes you forget everything that's gone wrong...I'll care about you all through every single one of those moments. You all need to know this. You all need to know that if you can't find your way home, this group of people can be your North Star.

• 1 month later...

Archived