Tour Blogger: Honda Civic Tour Virginia Beach

Tina

mcrvb1.jpg?1318266925mcrvb2.jpg?1318266926 by. Emma

Have you ever noticed how crazy life can get? One day you hear an amazing song by an amazing band for the first time, then two years from that exact day, you're in the photo pit taking pictures of that same band performing that same song.

Yeah...life can get pretty insane.

Soon after my friend Marlena and I arrived at Farms Bureau in Virginia Beach, I began to take pictures like I was paparazzi. Of course the place was overflowing with teens in Blink 182 t-shirts. Still, every now and then, a burst of ferocious colors would catch my eye. My heart would skip a beat, knowing this ensured a killjoy was nearby. Although, in spite of the differences, a smile was plastered on everyone's faces as if permanent.

When I finally knew the deal about access to the photo pit and when to come and go, I was able to sit down and let the butterflies in my stomach rest. Anxiety blazed in my eyes while enchanment boiled under my skin...itching in my palm where I clutched my inadequate camera. Once Matt & Kim were finished, I was to rush to the edge of the photo pit and relax with the other photographers. We would wait there until ordered to do otherwise. For now though, my job was to enjoy the lovely duo Matt & Kim. This, of course, was immensely simple due to the band's impeccable talent and energy. The two did a splendid job of raising the crowd's enthusiasm. After their farewell, I knew it was time for them. My Chemical Romance.

I hurried on over to my arranged meeting spot and settled with the other professionial photographers. We all huddled together to shield ourselves from the rain. Afterwards, we were given the signal to take refuge in the pit. While waiting for the band, my nerves were taking over and I started to tremble. This can't be happening, this can't be happening continually repeated in my mind. All of a sudden, the lights went off.

Screams rang in my ears and my heartbeat echoed in my head. I waited painfully for the band to step out after the BL/ind agent. A countdown began. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2...

Read the rest of the entry

View the full article

Archived