Will It Ever End?

I was in band today, and this girl said "In 8th grade, you're not going to care about music anymore." Does that mean this whole rock phase is going to go away?? WILL I STOP LIKING MCR??????? Oh no! Please help!! I never want to stop loving My Chemical Romance!! They mean too much to me!!

P.s. (Sorry if this is in the wrong area. I was talking about MCR in here, so i thought it went here! If is in the wrong area, please move it!!)

:D:lol::)B):P;)

aww babe.. it all depends on you!

some people say its beyond your control when things from your childhood or earlier years stop having the same impact on you over time then but i disagree.

if you give it the time and effort then it will come to mean MORE!

the music will grow with you.

and God willing, MCR will still be around for years to come! making new music and giving out new messages and themes in their albums... growing WITH you.

not many people get to experience that.

its rare

so its up to you to cherish it.

and so what if your tastes and interests expand? the old ones don't ever just disappear babe.

its all energy.

it just converts

i think what the girl is talking about, has already happened to her. so in order to make herself feel better, she has come to the unproven theory that losing your old interests and loves happens to everyone.

no it doesn't

she just ddnt nurture it.

tell her its not too late for her

i don't love Nirvana as much as i did when i was a child anymore. i was headbanging to 'smells like teen spirit' as a five year old in my older sister's bed room. now... that i understand them better as an adult, i love them more.

B):D

I was in this rap phase, but it ended i Only listen to rock, alternative, hardcore etc. This is always im my head too. I always think will i stop loving MCR?

It may end BUT if you love MCR soo much it won't end (: You'll probably will always listen to MCR i'm 100% sure on that :D

If you believe you'll always listen to MCR, then its true B)

I met a girl at a show last spring who got into MCR when she was eleven. She's now in her twenties, has "mcr" tattoo'd on her wrist, and was still waking up to go sit in line early in the morning.

Some things you do grow out of. Some of my favorite bands from when I was twelve aren't as important to me anymore. But my love for rock music has never gone away. If it's something you really love, it will stick with you until the end.

I think it depends. I used to like some bands that I don't ever listen to now. I still like the bands to some degree, but I like others more now. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

When I was 12 I'd only ever listen to the Beatles. It's been 6 years since then and I now listen to (MCR, obviously lol) other bands/artists. I still LOVE the Beatles and listen to them a lot, but they aren't the only band I listen to.

Some things you do grow out of. Some of my favorite bands from when I was twelve aren't as important to me anymore. But my love for rock music has never gone away. If it's something you really love, it will stick with you until the end.

That is very true, there is definitely music which was important to me at a young age which is no longer with me... but there is also music which does stick with you for a long time. Based on your current relationship with the music, I think you probably already have an inkling about which relationship you have :D

Savor the music and make it last! It really is up to you :)

I was in this rap phase, but it ended i Only listen to rock, alternative, hardcore etc. This is always im my head too. I always think will i stop loving MCR?

It may end BUT if you love MCR soo much it won't end (: You'll probably will always listen to MCR i'm 100% sure on that :D

If you believe you'll always listen to MCR, then its true B)

ill bet your 'rap phase' has now given you a diff perspective of music.

it has altered your ear (even if in the slightest way) from what it would have been if you had never liked or listened to rap before.

therefore, that energy never really left you. it just converted.

who knows, you might pick up an old cd one day and be like, 'ohh yeaaa!!! i remember this' and listen to it for old times sake and still be able to smile and say, 'man i was such a dork.. but still. not bad.'

:P

i like old school hip hop. compliments of my other older and radically different sister (iv got two). while rock i just jumped right into.. it took me well past my teens to return to those hip hop beats i heard as a child... still, never really left me.

Sometimes things are a phase... I started liking MCR when I was in 11th grade (17)... now I'm on my 5/6th year of college (I'll be 24 next Tuesday.) I know some people that stopped liking MCR when they got out of high school, but its very rare. If music is in your heart.. its there forever. I still love the music I liked when I was in 7th & 8th grade. xD

it has altered your ear (even if in the slightest way) from what it would have been if you had never liked or listened to rap before. therefore, that energy never really left you. it just converted.

This is a really good point Pixie. No matter if we remain big fans of that musician or sound, everything we listen to and absorb stays with us and ultimately impacts what our favorite sounds, genres, and writing styles

I get scared sometimes about this too... I've had moments in the past where I wasn't listening to MCR as much, but I come back to it loving it more than before... I think it all depends on the connection you have with the music... if it's just the sound you like, it may go away... but if you have a deep connection because you believe in their message and morals, I think there's a bigger chance it will stay... it also depends on how much it's affected your life... It's all up to you... but I'm pretty sure that many of us will be fans until the end :)

music has been a huge part of my life since i was little and i used to love Avril Lavigne when her first and second album came out and it helped me through somethings and i can still sing most of the songs those albums :) i think that is it has really impacted your life then part of it will never leave you- my parents thought i would be over MCR by now like it was a phase but i still listen to them daily and get the same rush from the music

First of all I think nobody should be scared about the thought of not liking a band anymore, someday. People change, no matter if it's because you're getting older, people always change. Even if you don't like MCRs music anymore someday, you can always think about the impact they had on you, or all the lovely people you met through them, the concerts and everything.

That's the way I think about it. No matter what, those are memories nobody can take from me, and they will always be a part of my life. Even if it's the case that they are not my favorite band anymore, somewhen, I'm sure I'll always think back to this time with a smile on my face.

About me personally: Music always had a huge impact on my life. I grew up with my mum being a professional musician, so music was always there for me and always a part of my life. My dad was really into Rock Music, I've always loved Rock and Punkrock. I've grown up listening to The Ramones, Nirvana, The Offspring, Green Day, Kiss, ACDC and German Bands like Die Ärzte, Die toten Hosen or Rammstein. On the other side, my mum was more into Madonna, Elton John or Abba. I'm 22 now and my music taste hasn't really changed since I'm 10 years old. My sister is the complete opposite from me, she always loved Pop Music, had a stage where she's really been into Hip Hop and now she's 19 and only listens to Hardcore, Metallcore and stuff...

Yeah, I agree whit everybody (:

It's true, that some point of your life you maybe don't like mcr anymore, but maybe you do. Your friend can't tell that, we can't tell that, no-one can. But enjoy the music, dance, sing and be happy, don't worry about tomorrow. And most important...

...Don't take anybodys f**king bullsh*t! :D

^^Agreed with what they said. I've loved them for seven years, and music has been huge in my life ever since I can remember. Like cherrybomb said, listening to all kinds of it, punk, grunge, what have you. Even though I listen to mainly rock, it's a broad genre and I listen to all kinds of it and some that don't fall under that category. I've listened to Green Day since I was a little kid and MCR and Green Day have been my favorites for a long time, and knowing myself, I think they always will be. Sometimes it feels like people expect me to grow out of it, but I honestly don't care. If it means a lot to me, I'll keep it in my heart forever. I guess my advice is, don't let anyone tell you what or what not to like.

I'm only in seventh, but I know this isn't true. My cousin is in ninth grade, and she loves music. Sure, she doesn't really get into a band as the MCRmy does, but she has a giant range and most likely couldn't live without it.

At my schools club fair a girl in a Nirvana shirt was telling me about french club, and she had to have been in at LEAST 11th grade.

My dad has to be most passionate man I know when it comes to music. He's way past eighth grade, and he has about three thousand songs on itunes. He has everything from Punk Rock to Country. He's Been to a Billy Joel concert seven times, and always has music playing while he's on the computer. he bring his ipod to work every single day, and is always annoyed by the fact he can't fit all his music on there.

Besides, look at the majority of artists out there, 90% of them are past 8th grade and made a living out of it.

Off topic: you're twelve? Wow... I haven't meet anyone on here near my age. xD I swore I was the youngest person here. Guess I'm wrong >=3

If you truly love music, you will never change. You're taste in music may change some, but that love of music will not go away. For myself personally, it was in 8th grade that my love of music really grew a lot and I discovered many amazing bands. I can't imagine ever not loving music. It has inspired me so much in my writing and gave me something to look forward to. To me, a world without music is a pretty sucky world.

Oh and I was eleven when I started listening to them, so even though I'm eighteen now, I was the youngin once, haha

About the ipod thing, couple weeks ago my brother looked at mine and was like, "you have over twice as many songs on here as I do! how is that possible?" I didn't even know what I had was that much.

Adding my own little commentary here:

One time, someone was playing really loud Latin hip-hop through their car, and my mom and I could hear it from our window. My mom was complaining about how all Latin hip-hop sounds the same. (I actually agree with this, as far as the entire hip-hop genre is concerned... this is the reason I stopped listening to rap altogether.) She then remarked that all modern music in any other language sounds the same, including J-Pop/J-Rock (which I love with a passion), and that someday I would "grow up" and realize that she was right.

Guess what? As we speak, I'm rocking out to Miyavi on Spotify. I still love Exist Trace. Gackt is still a huge part of my heart.

In short: maybe you'll still be destroying your room while listening to Fashion Statement even though you're supposed to be in your rocker. Maybe you won't. But one thing I'm sure of is this: they're likely too large a part of you for you to completely stop listening to them altogether. The music will always be in your heart, and maybe your love for it will even deepen as you grow older. ^_^

Archived