How Amazing Would It Be...

mTL

Sulfur and I had been discussing a couple of things like this. One of my other favorite bands Motion City Soundtrack just did a tour where they played all four albums over 2 nights, in 7 cities. And we were talking about how freaking awesome that would be if MCR did something similar. Even a Bullets tour would be fucking insane, however I think these are highly unlikely, but one can still dream right? laugh.gif

On the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if they re-record and/or re-release Bullets.

I WANT THIS TO HAPPEN SOO BAD!

Them playing all 4 albums over two days?

I wonder if we can get them to do this.

Maybe if it was a charity thing.

Like charge $85-100 per ticket (per day) and they can play smaller venues

so we can get the MCR intimacy that we all long for :wub:

Ugh, I'd pay for that! To see them play all of their songs AND the money goes to charity?

HECK YESS!

Can we get MCR to do that?

Like, honestly, is there a way that we can get this idea to them?

(besides spamming twitter)

They wanted to do a Mad Gear tour if they ever did a full length....

with leathermouth opening....

Full length mad gear album + the ep + random bullets songs possibly = setlist win?

And in small venues obviously....

That would work for me. :P

edit: I have to stress the point they're ALWAYS writing new material, whilest touring.

They're touring until March at the earliest anyway.....(unless they decide to throw out a mad gear record or something late this year....and maybe a couple of special shows.)

Ooohhhh I would freaking love it if they did a Mad gear full length, and toured with it. That would be badass.

And they're not like really touring are they? It just seems to me like they have a few festival shows. I don't consider that touring. I consider that "showing up at festival shows to keep people entertained, and to get the people we missed"

They wanted to do a Mad Gear tour if they ever did a full length....

with leathermouth opening....

Full length mad gear album + the ep + random bullets songs possibly = setlist win?

And in small venues obviously....

I heard about maybe doing MGMK tour but I didn't hear about LeATHERMOUTH opening! Holy shamalamadingdong that would be soooo amazing!

Ooohhhh I would freaking love it if they did a Mad gear full length, and toured with it. That would be badass.

And they're not like really touring are they? It just seems to me like they have a few festival shows. I don't consider that touring. I consider that "showing up at festival shows to keep people entertained, and to get the people we missed"

Gerard spoke of plans to hit up Mexico, South America, etc after the Honda Civic tour...so it's definately not over just yet ;)

Gerard spoke of plans to hit up Mexico, South America, etc after the Honda Civic tour...so it's definately not over just yet ;)

Nice! I like to think that they'd hit up the US with a small headlining tour one more time before they disappear for a while. Just them and like one other band opening would be amazing.

If you guys could choose, which band would open for MCR for a (hypothetical) mini US tour?

I really want to see them with Neon Trees again :D

Nice! I like to think that they'd hit up the US with a small headlining tour one more time before they disappear for a while. Just them and like one other band opening would be amazing.

If you guys could choose, which band would open for MCR for a (hypothetical) mini US tour?

That is a fantastic question :D

Speaking of Motion City Soundtrack, that would be a good one. Or The Pretty Reckless ... Hmmmm, I believe that would be awesome.

That would be rad for them to do Bullets shows!

The only hang-up on these are their adversions to "Drowning Lessons" and "Cubicles". I guess bad stuff always happens when they play DL and I think Gerard said they'd never perform Cubicles live ever again. So....... :/

I can see TMGMK show with Leathermouth being more realistic...cuz they've mentioned it as an idea before. I see them maybe not doing a full tour on that, but play 7-10 cities to play those shows in. Or maybe just a Jersey show and an LA show for that. I would 100% fly out for that show though. Wouldn't miss it for ANYTHING.

That would be rad for them to do Bullets shows!

The only hang-up on these are their adversions to "Drowning Lessons" and "Cubicles". I guess bad stuff always happens when they play DL and I think Gerard said they'd never perform Cubicles live ever again. So....... :/

a girl can dream right? :D

I'd rather see them with The Architects again than Neon Trees :/

Didn't Thursday open for them at one point on WCT? I'd really like to see that.

I would love Taking Back Sunday, The Used or even better Avenged Sevenfold to open for them sometime

Re: Drowning Lessons/Cubicles

I don't think many saw them bring out vampires or turnstiles but look what happened recently..^^ anything can happen I'd say...

Would love for them to bring out Sister to Sleep though :P.

Gerard would win, no one alive can out sass that man on stage ;)

You're definitely right about that, but wouldn't that be amazing to see?

We'd probably overload from all the sass flying around. :P

Also Sirius, I love your new sig! Is that your phrase with a BLi twist? It's a good one

Thanks! It's a quote from a Linkin Park song "The Messenger"

It's acoustic and really, really beautiful. It's one of those songs that

gives you goose bumps because Chester puts his all into singing it. You should

check it out if you haven't heard it.

When I made it my signature, I realized that is the same sort of message

MCR going for right now, so I made the "bli" in "blind" stick out and the letters

in "love" match MCR's killjoy colors.

(warning: I'm going to get all sappy, and quite possibly cheesy, but I gotta say it)

MCR is a lot of things, but I the most important thing to remember is that this band is love. We love them, they love us and we all love each other. Idk how many times this has been said here, but we're all a family. Sometimes we have our ups and downs, but at the end of the day we're all gonna be here for each other. I fucking love this site, I love the people here (you all are completely insane, but in the best possible way :D) and I wished we all lived in the same area and have epic MCRmy hang out sessions.

Anyway, sorry I got topic. [/rant]

I've already expressed that I want to see MCR and Green Day together. Hopefully if I say it enough times, it will happen. I know they've toured together already, but I missed it :( I also want them to do a song together because so many lives would be improved from such epicness!

It would also be amazing if MCR covered Lady Gaga or did something like "Punk Goes (enter genre here)" I know Gee said they'd never do it

("I would do Punk Goes Away for a Very Long Time" -G)

but I wonder if we asked nicely. I would be ok if they did it under a different name and totally denied it was them like GD did with the Network.

aww Sirius, that is perfect.

I was just thinking, it would be awesome if Midtown did a small reunion tour... and they toured with MCR... I mean, they're both Jersey bands xD

They would have to co-headline, though, for it to work...

idk I just really want to see Midtown :lol:

I'm fairly sure that I would cry and then pinch myself multiple times if they announced a Bullets tour. Thursday finished up a Full Collapse anniversary tour earlier this year, and I think it's great when bands celebrate things like that. I've seen three Bullets songs live a few times, but I would just be elated if could see it in full. It's a dream for now.laugh.gif

I'd be glad to see a Mad Gear tour though, too.

Thanks! It's a quote from a Linkin Park song "The Messenger"

It's acoustic and really, really beautiful.

When I made it my signature, I realized that is the same sort of message

MCR going for right now, so I made the "bli" in "blind" stick out and the letters

in "love" match MCR's killjoy colors.

(warning: I'm going to get all sappy, and quite possibly cheesy, but I gotta say it)

I will definitely look up that song. If you ever feel like being sappy and getting alot of love from other soldiers, you should join the sister wives!! We're such an awesome group and would love to have you :)

Archived