Never Seen Mcr...:(

3Cheers4Ger

One of my many dreams is to see MCR and meet them...And get Gerard Way's autograph. I've never seen what any of their autographs look like, and I DON'T want to know. I've gone 4 years now with never seeing a concert in my life, and never seeing ANY of their signatures. I've seen many merch offers with signed stuff, but I refuse it. I have to have the actual sig in my hands.

I want to see them in January, cuz January 9 is my 18th birthday. I live in northeastern New Jersey, only 30 minutes away from New York City.

It'd be great to see them in NJ or even in NY. I don't want to all the way to Texas or California or Canada to see them once. Even if there ARE January shows in NYC and Jersey, tickets are probably sold out by now...

._.

As of now there's no more northeastern dates. But hey NJ or NY? They're bound to come here sometime. Everybody comes here all the time biggrin.gif

I keep hoping they'll do one of them mini tours after HCT. But they been touring all year so idk. And I guess you just missed them. They were in NJ Sep. 17 I think..

As of now there's no more northeastern dates. But hey NJ or NY? They're bound to come here sometime. Everybody comes here all the time biggrin.gif

I keep hoping they'll do one of them mini tours after HCT. But they been touring all year so idk. And I guess you just missed them. They were in NJ Sep. 17 I think..

...Damn.

3Cheers4Ger, travel if you must. Do it. All the time. Hitch-hike. Rob a bank. Where there's a will, there's a Way.

... Try to forget I just made that pun.

Also, I enjoy your signature very much. It's funny that you attribute it to Full Metal Alchemist, since Al says it ... and he's always getting mistaken for the Full Metal Alchemist ... I'm a nerd ...

I know how you feel but don't worry just stay determined & up to date. start a "concert fund " lol

you're doing great by being part of the rmy :)

I've been a fan for over 5 years & at times I thought I'd never get to see but I've even met them & in about a week I'll be seeing them for the 3rd time within a year.

3Cheers4Ger,

Duuuuuuuude! Like some previous poster said, start up your concert fund now! You are very lucky to live where you do, because they do many shows in your area. So next time they tour the US, they're bound to hit a city (or 2 or 3...maybe the same city for 2 nights in a row) near you!

Your time will come and you'll have a blast!

You're very lucky guys, because you live in America and they have a lot of shows there, but I live in Finland and they have had a concert here only twice; July 2007 and March 2011. And my first MCR show was in that second show. I waited 4 years for them to come. :( Now I won't wait another 4 years, I'm going to their concert next summer no matter what.

• 2 weeks later...

3Cheers4Ger, travel if you must. Do it. All the time. Hitch-hike. Rob a bank. Where there's a will, there's a Way.

... Try to forget I just made that pun.

Also, I enjoy your signature very much. It's funny that you attribute it to Full Metal Alchemist, since Al says it ... and he's always getting mistaken for the Full Metal Alchemist ... I'm a nerd ...

Lulz. Actually even though Al says it, Ed is my favorite, to be honest. I love Al, but...Al just seems a bit too nice and one-dimensional to me, although I love how hope keeps him from giving up on getting his body back.

To be honest, I'm only familiar with the manga and Brotherhood anime that follows it, because I couldn't really get into the 2003 anime cuz of all the changes. I became an FMA fan a year ago.

MCR is alright live. I won't say they're the best show on Earth. But they do give you some decent entertainment vibes. But they also don't really have too much show stopper qualities like some acts. They may get there though.

If it makes you feel better, I've never seen John Nolan with TBS live and John Nolan is my music Jesus.

I haven't been to as many shows as some people but for me

The Dresden Dolls has been my favorite show in terms of just putting on a really great show. They have a lot of energy and work well together, and of course they have their costumes and craziness.

But the MCR crowd is definitely my favorite, and it's what makes seeing MCR live so great. Even if the band is lacking in energy, the crowd more than makes up for it. And then they do their crazy stuff with lights, pyro, costumes, etc. But yeah. The way the band feeds off the crowd and works with the crowd is what makes the show, imo. And this is just my experience- I've only seen them during Danger Days, and only in the pit & small venues. I'm not sure how it was before.

The thing for me though, is I always and will always love older crowds. I LOVE 18 + only shows. I'm a bitch. I don't want to watch MCR with high school kids. I love BFS because they have such an older fan base.

I like the rmy as people. But sometimes I just want rock out with people my age or 20 years older. But that's me. I;m not going to lie. I hate the mcr shows because of the fans. But I will say, I have met some very nice people AT MCR shows and I enjoyed the five minute conversations. I'm very weird, bitchy and contradict everything with each action yo.

Maybe I will feel the same way when/if I ever go to 18+ or 21+ shows xD I haven't been to any 18+ since I turned nineteen.

But yeah, I know what you mean. Some of the younger MCR fans really got on my nerves (mainly the ones who were singing MCR in choir voices <_<)And that's the same for a few shows I've been to- like, I went to Fueled By Ramen's 15th Anniversary show, which was a lot of high school and younger kids. It was definitely not as fun as hanging out with the older crowd at The Dresden Dolls. But the older Rmy people, or ones my age, have always been really cool and fun to wait in line with.

I think I should clear up what I said. I don't mean, that I don't mean I haven't enjoyed my mcr shows with people of all ages, I have. But I really like the mellow toned down vibes at shows with older fans only. There are no loud fan girls or obnoxious teens and less idiots trying to crowd surf and mosh. Get a drink at the bar and have a grand ol time at the smaller venues, it's more like an old friend has come back to town to play some songs just for you (and the 100 plus people around)

When you can, get to 18 or 21 and up shows, you will be all up on that shit and thank yourself.

like, none at mine.

see the kind of girl I am is

I like clubs where you order a drink, and chill for hours. music isn't blaring out your ears. So a concert to feel like that, is just the best. But granted there are times when the HOLY SHIT THAT JUST JAPPENDED moments are good time.

it depends on the band and the venue.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I think I should clear up what I said. I don't mean, that I don't mean I haven't enjoyed my mcr shows with people of all ages, I have. But I really like the mellow toned down vibes at shows with older fans only. There are no loud fan girls or obnoxious teens and less idiots trying to crowd surf and mosh. Get a drink at the bar and have a grand ol time at the smaller venues, it's more like an old friend has come back to town to play some songs just for you (and the 100 plus people around)

When you can, get to 18 or 21 and up shows, you will be all up on that shit and thank yourself.

I think I have to agree with this...

I'm into alot of bands that attract younger fans and I do find myself thinking "calm the fuck down..."

yeah gigs are exciting, and really good fun, but screaming, "OMFG he like looked at me" types just... grate at my inner bastard.

Arcane Roots were a classic example of the kind of old friends-style gig you talked about, and I must say it was one of my favourite gigs of the year

I've not been in an MCR crowd properly (seated in nottingham, stayed a bit further back at leeds) so I can't pass judgement on MCR fans, but my last gig seeing young guns was just a bit "<_<"

but that said, even older fans can be annoying jerks sometimes - Pendulum are an awesome band, but the crowd was just full of drunk frat-boys in check shirts trying to start pits and it was seriously irritating

Archived