Dear Mcr Project

existingstate

I honestly don't know if I'm putting this in the right place so sorry! if it's in the wrong location.

I was wondering if anyone would be interesting in helping with a book I'd like to put together for the band called "Dear MCR"

I want it to be a book filled with letters to the band on what they mean to you, how they inspired you, what they've done for you, etc.

Every show I've been to I've seen people trying to give them their letters and this would be a good way to get your letter to them and I think having this book would be a great pick me up for the band to inspire them and such.

I want it to be a legit book w/ a spine/cover/etc and I looked into pricing and it would be about $50 for 150 page softcover book. Would anyone be interested? I want lots of submissions and if anyone has any artwork they'd like to include that'd be awesome so it's not just letters.

For the cover I was thinking of doing pictures of everyone that submitted - if there's enough in the shape of the spider logo. (example: http://www.itechnews.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/barack-obama-mosaic-portrait.jpg)

I am willing to pay to have the book put together but if anyone would like to donate like a dollar to offset my out of pocket cost that'd be awesome

So what I need from you:

1. a letter - Ideally your letter would be one - two pages when single spaced size 12 arial but max submission: 5 pages (2.5 front/back in book)

- if you know how to I'd love for you to print and sign your name to make it more personal

- .pdf or .doc

2. you can also submit artwork that you'd want the band to see (optional)

3. a picture for the cover artwork -- bigger the better prefer jpg / pdf

4. if you'd like to donate a dollar with your submission i'd appreciate it but you don't have to - I will post my paypal depending on the interest this project gets.

anyone interested?

Submissions can be sent to dearmcrproject@gmail.com if you know anyone who is not on the MCRmy and would like to participate please tell them to join I'd love to have as many submissions as possible!

Questions/Suggestions Welcome! :)

I definitely want to take part! Is there a deadline?

Right now - No deadline - take your time! I will post a deadline if there is one - I don't know when the next time MCR will tour is right now so lots of time

same :P here :P can i do letter and then art work ?? so one page letter one page art work lol idk

That sounds perfect. I want the artwork to have it's own page if your artwork has a title/date feel free to include it - I'm not sure if I'll put it under the picture but that's the proper way to do it so I'd like to have the info :)

That sounds perfect. I want the artwork to have it's own page if your artwork has a title/date feel free to include it - I'm not sure if I'll put it under the picture but that's the proper way to do it so I'd like to have the info :)

okay um what kinda book maker are you http://www.blurb.com/ one for a GDC it turn out really good and its easy to do the layout :P took me a few day to do the layout but you get to make it so there no really pattern to fallow. i think i pay 30 for my book and they print it all nicely :P

okay um what kinda book maker are you http://www.blurb.com/ one for a GDC it turn out really good and its easy to do the layout :P took me a few day to do the layout but you get to make it so there no really pattern to fallow. i think i pay 30 for my book and they print it all nicely :P

That's actually the site I looked at! :) so glad to know it's a great website. I priced it at $50 because that's the max price for the type I looked at.

That's actually the site I looked at! :) so glad to know it's a great website. I priced it at $50 because that's the max price for the type I looked at.

Its not hard I did mine open black and add the text and photo box its not that hard to understand lol :) it was really fun for me when i did it :P if you need help with layout im your girl

This is a really cool idea.We did something similar in the Michigan MCRmy, but it was only a scrapbook. It'll give me a chance to tell them things I forgot in my letter for our scrapbook.

I wonder, if you got enough donations if you could make a copy for each of the guys so they don't have to share. But only if you get enough donations though, I wouldn't want you to pay for that yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived