Big Day Out 2012

ailooveg.w

Okay so I have heard rumours that MCR are playing at the Australian Big Day Out next year and I was wondering if that is true and if it is will they be playing at the one in New Zealand? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME CAUSE THIS COULD BE LIKE THE ONLY CHANCE I HAVE OF GOING TO SEE THEM AND I WILL CRY IF I MISS OUT Lots of love MCRmy <3

I actually have no idea! But I think it would be amazing if they could come to New Zealand. I'd totes fly up to Auckland or whatever especially, thoughhh Dunedin does have a brand new stadium that can be performed in :r

I'm moving to Australia next year though, so any concerts in Brisbane I'd make sure to go to also. I just think Kiwiland deserves some cool concerts, y'know? :D

This is where the rumours come from: http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/music/news/blog/exclusive-my-chemical-romance-for-big-day-out-2012-the-strokes-and-duran-duran-for-future-music-festival/20110907-efo8.html

tbh it's pretty likely they'll play, they have a new album, they have no tour dates january and they've played there before.

But I guess we'll just have to wait until next week (when the first announcement is being released)

GFSHALKFGASI FI UNDERSTAND YOUR EXCITEMENT NOW! I AM TRYING SO HARD NOT TO SCREAM RIGHT NOW LOL.. AM CURRENTLY AT TEH SCHOOL LIBRARY AND TEHRE IS AN EXAM GOING ON IN THE NEXT ROM

SFJIASHGADKHQAIO I AM SOOOOO HAPPY! THIS IS THE BEST THING TO LEAVE AN EXAM FOR KASFAKLFHASDKLGNAKSL;

Eff yeah!!! And they are coming close to me! I'll get to see them in January!!!

Can you believe it?

a lot of people are still in denial from the post i have seen on twitter lol i know i am .... i cant stop my self from being excited but i know i should contain myself until i they step onto stage cause there is no backing out then :D.... lol.

Im hopping they announce some more shows in the next few months.

I predict that they will take November and December off and then they will head over to us for BDO in January.

I think theres a good chance they will do some side shows.. after all they are going to be lugging all their gear a long way... just makes sense that they play side shows

I'm hopping they stay a while in each city giving them enough time to play some smaller gigs

Considering they will have to travel by air because the cites in Australia(Not to mention they then have to fly over to New Zealand ) aren't close enough to drive to easily like they are in the US. where they can jump onto a tour bus and drive. So they will have to wait for their stuff to get flown over after each gig. Unless they hire some gear out form.

So fingers crossed for side shows.. laugh.gif

a lot of people are still in denial from the post i have seen on twitter lol i know i am .... i cant stop my self from being excited but i know i should contain myself until i they step onto stage cause there is no backing out then :D.... lol.

I predict that they will take November and December off and then they will head over to us for BDO in January.

I think theres a good chance they will do some side shows.. after all they are going to be lugging all their gear a long way... just makes sense that they play side shows

I'm hopping they stay a while in each city giving them enough time to play some smaller gigs

Considering they will have to travel by air because the cites in Australia(Not to mention they then have to fly over to New Zealand ) aren't close enough to drive to easily like they are in the US. where they can jump onto a tour bus and drive. So they will have to wait for their stuff to get flown over after each gig. Unless they hire some gear out form.

They really need to have some side-shows, considering that BDO is a 15+ event. =/ My friends can't go. *sigh*

They'll likely fly with their gear..And travel pretty light (no backdrop, )

I was getting a flight to Ireland from Lisbon after the Optimus Alive fest in July...saw two guys get out of a vehicle with band gear...Watched them check it in onto the flight. Noted there was a cardboard box...Later that day back in Ireland someone tweeted a photo from that days Oxegen fest...of MCRs gear/trailer...The Same cardboard box was there...Such a bad move on my part :L

doing 4 shows in 4 countries in 4 days....But yeah they'll probaly do likewise, I dunno how the schedule for bdo works out but they'll probaly only have time for sideshows either before or after the tour..:)

It'd make sense for the band to do sideshows to realistically pocket some money and actually play for their fans more intimately than a gig. I'm 93% they will. I know if I were in their position I would do as much as I could especially to make it up to Aussie Killjoys after the pullout from 2 shows here.

HERE: http://auckland.bigdayout.com/

BHFGIASDJLGHDAIKLGHADSOI I AM SO FUCKING EXCITED! I HAVE JUST CREEPED OUT ALL MY FRIENDS FROM MY CRAZYNESS AND JUST FKJSAHFOIJSADHFJKASHFJKASHFKSAJFHHJSDBVGHUJLJI ITS THE DAY AFTER MY BIRTHDAY FSAKHGDOGJNDOA

I NEED A JOB... MY MUM MIGHT PAY FOR HALF BUT I STILL NEED A JOB FJOAGHDAIOGHADIO;

HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

It'd make sense for the band to do sideshows to realistically pocket some money and actually play for their fans more intimately than a gig. I'm 93% they will. I know if I were in their position I would do as much as I could especially to make it up to Aussie Killjoys after the pullout from 2 shows here.

I agree... theres no point of them coming all this way to do 1 show in each city at a festival gig were they will only play a limited amount of songs.

My friend told me that usually only the headliners don't do side shows... and considering MCR aren't headlining they should.

I think as long as their schedule allows for it they will do sideshows... also its such a hassle for them to come down here the long flight and all, i really do think if they will come once and try to fit in as many shows in as possible. It just makes sense.

I talked to someone before and they said that it'd be unlikely that MCR did sideshows unless the BDO shows were sold out.

It totally makes sense because the festival promoters would want everyone to go to the BDO and not to seperate shows etc etc

in saying that there's actually a page on the official BDO page here for 'side tours' so i guess we can't rule it out?

Archived