Bonner Springs, Ks

stoic

I got to go to the Honda Civic Tour on September 9th. I bought my ticket as soon as they went on sale back in June and had been looking forward to it since then. I had heard a Matt & Kim song on Pandora and liked it and I used to be a big fan of Blink 182, so I knew I would enjoy the show, but I wouldn't have even thought of going if My Chemical Romance weren't a part of it.

I'd heard their shows were good and I was not disappointed. They were so good (not to say the other bands weren't, but they paled in comparison). It was one of the best shows I've ever been to. Gerard said it was one of their favorite shows of the tour. He said he doesn't bullshit so I like to think he was telling the truth. One thing I appreciated about their performance was that it was pretty much just them. The production was small, at least for a band as big as MCR.

This concert was also just what I needed. I've had some very stressful weeks lately with school, work, and helping my sister move. She moved on Labor Day to Texas, two states away, so that has been kind of hard. I've been more emotional about it than I thought I would be. So yeah, after everything building up it was great to see MCR live.

Anyway, to sum it up, the show was awesome. If you get a chance to see them, do it. I can't wait to see them again.

I was there and I had a BLAST! It was my first time to be in the middle of the trench. I've always been on barricade, and boy is rows 3-5 crazy! It was so much fun though! They all saw the Happy Birthday Mikey banner I made and some awesome people at the barricade held up! I think I had eye contact with Gerard like 3 times haha, which was super cool! He was having so much fun and was busting out lots of his signature moves, which was rad! I loved seeing them all smile and having a blast! For some reason though, I just couldn't take my eyes off Gerard this show...he was just captivating and almost DEMANDED your attention. Ray's amazing and happy smile easily took my attention from Gerard, though. I also noticed that Mikey played closer to the front of the stage more often, which was really cool! Frank, Jarrod, and Dewees were all super rad as well! It'll be one of my fave MCR shows I've been to! It's the 2nd show I've seen of their's that I actually believed they were there and I just wasn't dreaming or watching a youtube video. I really lived in the moment and loved it! I miss the boys already :(! Hope they have a great time finishing up touring and then recording or whatever their bliss is! ^_^

That's really cool that you were so close. I got there early enough to be up front, but I can't handle being so close to so many people. Yeah, the show was a lot of fun and Gerard is quite captivating. I hope I get to see them again before they record more music, but I am looking forward to any album they will make.

Archived