Rip Good Charlotte

aliciacc

That article WAS a bit biased. I'd only take it as fact from their official site. Yeah, hiatus and quitting are two different things. One theory is they've just been doing it so long-15 years- they need to breathe. I've never heard of them taking any extensive breaks between the end of a tour and going back to the studio.

I'm hoping they don't decide to break if this is true. Wikipedia is making out like they are splitting because they are using "were" in the intro bio paragraph and apparently have talked to Rolling Stone about a hiatus. Their little box with the picture and assoc. acts, etc... has the word (hiatus) in the Years Active.

I like their music- though I never heard much of Cardiology. If they do I hope it's not over egos like FOB. Pete's ego just got too big...He's still an awesome bassist though...

• 2 months later...

i know its been a while but this made me pretty sad... i grew up listening to them... i miss it all- the chronicles of life an death, the young and the hopeless, good morning revival... its all memories now.

Man, I hate when bands break up. lets pray that mcr stays a band until the end of time- i would never be able to handle them breaking up omg :mellow: but they're like a family- they cant... i just cant think about now.never.

ever.

Yeah...Sucks when bands that we cherish music of split and disband. I never really listened to them until I was out of high school, although there was this one junior girl who was stuck in freshman English that constantly wore Good Charlotte shirts. I was always "What the hell is Good Charlotte? A movie? A musical?" Despite how late in the game I started listening to them, I'll always love their music- no matter what crappy article says on the matter.

I only heard about the hiatus recently, but I don't think they'd split up, they were saying they're just taking a longer break between albums. A lot of bands I like did that.

That's exactly what I heard as well. But taking a break isn't splitting up. But that article was pretty mean anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

i do have to admit the article was VERY mean. they didnt have to be so immature and say those bad things about the band. i loved Good Charlotte when i was in 6th grade :) but i grew out of them sometime in 8th grade, of course i still like them but not the crazy obsession i use to have. anyway all those mean things they said about the band was unnecessary and mean.

p.s does anyone one know who wrote this article?

• 1 month later...

Archived