Funniest Concert Moments!?

carson5482

Description says it all! At concerts or meet and greets, were there any awkward or funny moments? Did the crown start and funny or random chants? Did you meet some weird people? Embarrassing moments? Anything? Share, and let us laugh along with you! :)

Mine? Well, I remember, it was my first (and only so far) MCR concert and there were maybe 4 people in front of me from the stage, so I was pretty close. I remember, there was a guy setting up the equipment and stuff that looked just like Ray. So every time he would walk on stage, everyone around me would start screaming and cheering until we realized it was the look-alike. :P It was such a tease!

Also, an awkward moment: by the middle of the same concert, I was up so there were maybe two people in front of me, and I know many may not believe me when I tell this story, but there was a point, right before Cancer, I believe, when Gerard said "I know this is pretty old school, but get your phones in the air." So I lit up my iPhone and swung it around. Then I saw Gerard (I swear to God) looking right at my screen and he smiled. Then I realized that he was my screen saver. I was kinda embarrassed, but quickly forgot about it. But I felt like a bit of a creep! :P

xD That guy who has hair like Ray has been at every show I've been to, and people have always screamed at him. I even told my friend about him at the last one, and sure enough, when he came on, people screamed.

Um... at the concert for the New Years thing they did last December, someone through a santa hat on stage. Gerard didn't want to wear it because it would "make him look stupid." But he put it on and said something like, "I look stupid, don't I." It was a pretty silly moment. And then at that show, some girl behind me decided to crowd surf, and of course she landed right on top of me and knocked off my stupid New Year's hat xD

The show in Houston last May was the day before the supposed Rapture. So Gerard said: "So the rapture is tomorrow… And you’re all here at a My Chem concert. That’s fuckin’ hardcore! We’re all gonna die tomorrow and you’re seeing My Chem tonight!" lololol

Also, at the Roseland Ballroom show last December, I waited in line with these girls who had a sign saying "Frank make out with Gee" (or something like that.) Every time someone passed by and read the sign, the girl holding it yelled, "HOMOPHOBIA IS GAY" at them. Their reactions were priceless xD

xD That guy who has hair like Ray has been at every show I've been to, and people have always screamed at him. I even told my friend about him at the last one, and sure enough, when he came on, people screamed.

Um... at the concert for the New Years thing they did last December, someone through a santa hat on stage. Gerard didn't want to wear it because it would "make him look stupid." But he put it on and said something like, "I look stupid, don't I." It was a pretty silly moment. And then at that show, some girl behind me decided to crowd surf, and of course she landed right on top of me and knocked off my stupid New Year's hat xD

The show in Houston last May was the day before the supposed Rapture. So Gerard said: "So the rapture is tomorrow… And you’re all here at a My Chem concert. That’s fuckin’ hardcore! We’re all gonna die tomorrow and you’re seeing My Chem tonight!" lololol

Oh God. I wish I could have been at the Rapture show! Hahaha, that would be a great end to my life! ;) And nothing could make Gerard look stupid! <3

Some girl crowd surfed on me at Warped Tour this year at the Gym Class Heroes concert. I know how you must have felt. Plus, she was sweating like crazy and her sweaty back landed right on my cheek! >:P It was nasty, but I helped her get up anyways. Cus I'm nice like that. B):P

Also, at the Roseland Ballroom show last December, I waited in line with these girls who had a sign saying "Frank Make Out With Gee" (or something like that.) Every time someone passed by and read the sign, the girl holding it yelled, "HOMOPHOBIA IS GAY" at them. Their reactions were priceless xD

Also, I just read the Homophobia is gay thing. Wow, that is so weird. Because literally 10 minutes ago, i posted my facebook status as that! :blink: crazy stuff!

Ugh, that would have been a million times worse than what I felt! Sweat just makes me shudder.

At one of the MCR shows I went to in April, I was near the front so every douchebag who decided to crowd surf landed on top of me. My neck hurt so bad afterwards. Totally worth in though, I was about two people behind barricade.

edit: haha! that's so funny! (@ the homophobia is gay thing) It was a pretty funny waiting in line experience.

Ugh, that would have been a million times worse than what I felt! Sweat just makes me shudder.

At one of the MCR shows I went to in April, I was near the front so every douchebag who decided to crowd surf landed on top of me. My neck hurt so bad afterwards. Totally worth in though, I was about two people behind barricade.

edit: haha! that's so funny! (@ the homophobia is gay thing) It was a pretty funny waiting in line experience.

I bet! and that sucks. well, i bet you happily put up with it to be that close though! :D

So I was not far away of the barricade, waiting for My Chem, when suddenly I felt someone hugging me, I turn around trying to see who it was (cause I thought it was my friend)well, it wasnt, it was this guy who was hugging his girlfriend who was behind me...so apparently he thought I was part of his girlfriend, when he realized he was hugging me as well he freaked out, haha we looked like koala bears! priceless! :P

So I was not far away of the barricade, waiting for My Chem, when suddenly I felt someone hugging me, I turn around trying to see who it was (cause I thought it was my friend)well, it wasnt, it was this guy who was hugging his girlfriend who was behind me...so apparently he thought I was part of his girlfriend, when he realized he was hugging me as well he freaked out, haha we looked like koala bears! priceless! :P

Ha, I bet he felt awkward! But you know, everyone loves everyone at MCR's shows! :lol:

I was at the show when he made The Rapture comment, I was also at the show the day of the supposed Rapture and he said pretty much the same thing. Haha.

Also at the Houston show, there was a moment where fans were throwing beaded bracelets up on stage. Gerard nearly busted his ass pretty good slipping on one. He picked it up, showed the crowd and asked them if they knew what it was, he then said something like: “I’ll tell you what this is, it’s a broken ankle, and I don’t want any of those. We’ll take your beads but not until later. You know what you can give me right now though? You know what we do want? All your fucking money.” And then they started playing Vampire Money, but the funniest part was Gerard looking at Ray and smirking, puckering out his lips in a smug way and doing this dorky ass chin nod like “That was the most brilliant segway ever. I’m so funny, I’m a genius, I deserve a medal for my clever wit,” and Ray actually affirms him by nodding back as if agreeing. It was the funniest dorkiest thing I had ever seen.

And there was a point when Gerard layed on the ground and Frank picked up one of the towels, walked over and started fanning him. I think at first Gerard was expecting Frank to lay on top of him or something because as Frank approached Gerard parted his legs and lifted them a bit. Gerard just layed on the floor laughing as Frank fanned him with the towel, it was funny and cute.

Also at the Houston show, there was a moment where fans were throwing beaded bracelets up on stage. Gerard nearly busted his ass pretty good slipping on one. He picked it up, showed the crowd and asked them if they knew what it was, he then said something like: “I’ll tell you what this is, it’s a broken ankle, and I don’t want any of those. We’ll take your beads but not until later. You know what you can give me right now though? You know what we do want? All your fucking money.” And then they started playing Vampire Money, but the funniest part was Gerard looking at Ray and smirking, puckering out his lips in a smug way and doing this dorky ass chin nod like “That was the most brilliant segway ever. I’m so funny, I’m a genius, I deserve a medal for my clever wit,” and Ray actually affirms him by nodding back as if agreeing. It was the funniest dorkiest thing I had ever seen.

I saw that, too, haha. Didn't someone also throw a pink feather boa on stage, and Gerard wore it? Or was that another show...

I was at the show when he made The Rapture comment, I was also at the show the day of the supposed Rapture and he said pretty much the same thing. Haha.

And there was a point when Gerard layed on the ground and Frank picked up one of the towels, walked over and started fanning him. I think at first Gerard was expecting Frank to lay on top of him or something because as Frank approached Gerard parted his legs and lifted them a bit. Gerard just layed on the floor laughing as Frank fanned him with the towel, it was funny and cute.

Aw! I'm so jealous! :D And as for the wit, I would be proud of myself too! that's great. <3 he is so damn cute!

I saw that, too, haha. Didn't someone also throw a pink feather boa on stage, and Gerard wore it? Or was that another show...

No, there was definitely a boa. I was about 3 people away from the person who gave it to him and I remember them freaking out that he took it. And then I remember him walking around the stage and picking up feathers that had fallen off of it after he wore it.

Also, at the Roseland Ballroom show last December, I waited in line with these girls who had a sign saying "Frank make out with Gee" (or something like that.) Every time someone passed by and read the sign, the girl holding it yelled, "HOMOPHOBIA IS GAY" at them. Their reactions were priceless xD

That's pretty awesome :lol:

I was mychem concert 20.3, and when they started to play summertime, some guy just took my hand :D I was like wtf and smiled stupidly. Then that guy did apparently realized that I wasn't her girlfriend. I saw his gf who was laughing her head off and kissed that guy on the cheek. I couldn't laugh his face, he was so embarrassed XD That really was priceless:D<3

Which show was this? I think my friend Lia was at that show, since she told me that same story word for word. I know Gee sometimes says similar things, but the whole scenario is exactly the same in terms of Gee and the audience reaction

Which show was this? I think my friend Lia was at that show, since she told me that same story word for word. I know Gee sometimes says similar things, but the whole scenario is exactly the same in terms of Gee and the audience reaction

It was the free concert they did for New Year's with Carson Daly last December.

So I was at my first MCR show in '08 and Sleep was comming on so I raised my lighter and waved it around and I swear that Gerard saw me and smiled. This didn't happen during a concert bt It was when I meet MCR for the second time and I told them who I was( I gave them drawings that symbolized then in some way the first time I met them) and Frank and Mikey remembered who I was, Ray didn't hear mebut once he did he remembered so I was talking to them for a couple of minutes and then I said to Mikey that he was the one who inspired me to play bass and he looked at me like he was honnered or something and he high-fived me and then held on to my hand for like three seconds! I said "I'm Sarah by the way." and he said "I'm Mikey!" and then Frank and Ray snickered and Frank said, "She knows who you are."

Best night/birthday of my life!

I remember The Faux-Fro. Everyone always thinks he's Ray. At my show, people started chanting "Imposter! Imposter!" at him and he just ignored everyone. Also, people started cheering and freaking out every time a piece of confetti escaped from the container above the stage before the show. And the guys next to me were using their iPhone flashlights to make shadow puppets on the the ceiling. They made the letters MCR and attempted to make the band but failed heroically.

The intro to Vampire Money went as follows:

G: "Well, are you ready, Ray?"

R: "Yeah..."

G: "How 'bout you, Frank?"

F: "---" (not paying attention)

G: "How about you, Mikey?"

M: "--k-- r-d--"

G: "WELL, I think I'm all right. Los! An! Gel! Es!"

F: *stage dives*

I also love when Gerard's hair dye gets all over his face/neck and that's how you can tell he just got it done.

Mikey was wearing his "Mikey Fuckin' Way" tee so people were chanting that before the encore instead of "MCR".

Archived