What Makes The Mcrmy Different From Other Fan Groups?

carson5482

I've really seemed to notice that the MCRmy is probably the most dedicated fan group out there. The MCRmy dedicates so much time and love the My Chemical Romance, it's crazy. They don't take any crap from haters and stick up for the band no matter what. I think this has really been inspired by the band's attitude, too. What do you guys think?

Do you think the MCRmy is different from fan groups such as the Beliebers or the Little Monsters or other popular fan groups. How?

Also, what do you think makes MCR different from any other band? What makes them your favorite band?

All I know is that you guys are a LOT nicer than some of the people on Green Day fan-sites. This website isn't full of elitists and people on here will actually take the time to read your post before they say anything.

On most websites, if you criticize any aspect of the band (constructively) or say that any of the band members are attractive or cool, etc, you get replies like "ZOMFG! YOU IZ A FAKE FAN BECUZ' YOU SAID THEY WERE HOTT! TEENIE!" (Actually, sometimes that's an under-exaggeration...) <_<

We're all non-judgmental and cool on here. No issues whatsoever. B)

My Chemical Romance is definitely one of the best bands out there because they actually decided to try and change the world, and in a way, they actually have. They've helped out an enormous amount of people by just telling them to be themselves, which is the advice that you should give to people. I know a lot of people do actually care about the state of the world, but these guys tried to do something to improve it. *Cues applause*

KILLJOYS MAKE SOME NOISE! ;)

Mychem's values have definitely spread to most of us. A lot of us have been through shit and were healed by the music, and some are just finding songs that speak to them. Most fan groups of popular groups break up due to the artist not being "HOT" anymore. Like NSYNC or BSB.. Hell, even Britney Spears.. Most of their "MCRmy"-esque fans moved on.

However, we are very dedicated. Mostly everyone I've met from the MCRmy has been amazing sweet and nice. Now, some non-MCRmy (I used MCRmy for this particular online community, and not the facebase as a whole) people that were jerks and disgusted me. But everyone from this website past and present that I have met.... Bloody amazing. Creative. Smart. Fun. Awesome.

And I really do believe that MCR's inspirational speeches and songs and things like really have rubbed off on us, to where we all can relate to each other.

To be honest, I think the only fanbase that can match the MCRmy's passion is the Little Monsters. They love Gaga so much, and she loves them. That's how good fanbases are made... MCR loves the MCRmy, and the MCRmy loves MCR.

Mychem's values have definitely spread to most of us. A lot of us have been through shit and were healed by the music, and some are just finding songs that speak to them. Most fan groups of popular groups break up due to the artist not being "HOT" anymore. Like NSYNC or BSB.. Hell, even Britney Spears.. Most of their "MCRmy"-esque fans moved on.

However, we are very dedicated. Mostly everyone I've met from the MCRmy has been amazing sweet and nice. Now, some non-MCRmy (I used MCRmy for this particular online community, and not the facebase as a whole) people that were jerks and disgusted me. But everyone from this website past and present that I have met.... Bloody amazing. Creative. Smart. Fun. Awesome.

And I really do believe that MCR's inspirational speeches and songs and things like really have rubbed off on us, to where we all can relate to each other.

To be honest, I think the only fanbase that can match the MCRmy's passion is the Little Monsters. They love Gaga so much, and she loves them. That's how good fanbases are made... MCR loves the MCRmy, and the MCRmy loves MCR.

totally agree, especially with the last thing you said -- MCR is always so happy & excited to meet their fans, and it really seems like they love their fans (us!). that's what makes a fan base as dedicated as the MCRmy.

I agree with everything that's been said so far. I'd just like to add that some of us wouldn't be here without them, some of us would be completely different people. My Chem means more then just amazing music. They change lives and help people get through everything, the good times and the bad.

I believe the MCRmy is so great because all the fans truly love the music and the band members... of course we love the music, but to go beyond that and really care about the creators of it (and not in a teenie wxy) is part of what makes our community awesome... I think we all support the band in whatever they do, not just musically... and we've seen them through the good times and the bads and we still stand by them... we are dedicated and loyal and the music speaks to us... MCR speaks to us... and we listen...

MCR is amazing and different from other bands because they are not afraid to create whatever they imagine... they pour out their hearts and souls inter their music and completely wear themselves out in order to create something new and exciting... and there's real beauty in that... they really have something to say and what they say is important... no matter how they present it, they have a message to deliver and we the fans will alwxys be there to hear it...

MCR cares about the fans and the fans care about the band... only the real fans know and understand the history of MCR and all they went through to get to where they are today... that's why we stand up for them... that's why we won't let the haters get the best of us... once you understand the history of the guys, you just can't leave their sides... there's just something about them, their truth, what they stand for and what they give to us that just isn't the same with any other bands... The Bullets, the Revenge, the Black Parade, the Danger Days, all the things to come... this is what makes My Chemical Romance beautiful... This is what makes the world beautiful :D

i think that the fact that the MCRmy are so exceptionally amazing is why everybody can find a place here. everybody is accepting and kind, i think because most recognize what it is to feel rejected by society's harsh standards, parental figures, even by friends. one of the great things about MCR is that they started out just like that. they didn't really have a place to fit into our world, so they decided to create one, and create something that would change people's lives. they did just that because so many people found community and shelter by their music.

the guys really do influence us with their standards and beliefs. instead of using the antagonistic views that were shot their way to fuel bitter flames, they managed to turn around at last minute and use them to create strength and to fuel their passion for their art. they really make an effort to be as close as possible to their fanbase, us, and so whatever we are is a direct reflection of themselves. they understand sadness, pain, anger, and they relate to that. but they also know joy, greatness, and strength, and they really do do their best to teach it to us.

i think that really is why they are so great. while many bands and artists speak about how they have the greatest fanbase or the most exciting crowd, then tend to forget to actually address those people that are members of their primary audience. they forget to relate to them. our guys always address us, keeping us strong. they tell us how to overcome fears, how we are important, we can make a difference. and really, because we are "the kids" and we really are all like children, hearing that you are special, you are intelligent, that you can make a difference, and that you really are important despite what everybody else says, can really change your heart. it can fill you up and help you learn and know and feel that you are all of those things. that you are all of those things and more. and that is the beauty of our band. that is why i love them and that is why it is a love that will never waver and will stay with me until the day i die.

^^ All of this :)

Another thing I forgot to add... MCR's music can grab the attention of many types of people... it's versatile... it's for those who know the pain and suffering that the guys went through, it's for those who have recovered or are recovering from tough things, it's for those who just don't fit in, it's for those who just want to different, it's for those who love the art, it's for those who want to express themselves... It's for those who want to be a part of a family :)

All I know is that you guys are a LOT nicer than some of the people on Green Day fan-sites. This website isn't full of elitists and people on here will actually take the time to read your post before they say anything.

On most websites, if you criticize any aspect of the band (constructively) or say that any of the band members are attractive or cool, etc, you get replies like "ZOMFG! YOU IZ A FAKE FAN BECUZ' YOU SAID THEY WERE HOTT! TEENIE!" (Actually, sometimes that's an under-exaggeration...) <_<

We're all non-judgmental and cool on here. No issues whatsoever. B)

My Chemical Romance is definitely one of the best bands out there because they actually decided to try and change the world, and in a way, they actually have. They've helped out an enormous amount of people by just telling them to be themselves, which is the advice that you should give to people. I know a lot of people do actually care about the state of the world, but these guys tried to do something to improve it. *Cues applause*

KILLJOYS MAKE SOME NOISE! ;)

So true! I hate when you call a band member hot and get attacked. You know, I obviously don't like MCR just because of how hot I think Gerard Way is, but it sure is a plus! xD

I've been part of other fan forums like MCRmy (Despair Faction for example) and i must say this board is just amazing! the people here are so nice and dedicated to the band. In DF it was always hostel for me, just because I'm a teen and wasn't born listening to AFI i got a lot of beef from the older members. But even the older members here are very caring and don't judge because of age, heritage,ect. And the Gangs here make being a fan of mcr much more comfortable knowing someone lives near you who is just as inspired by this group as you. Honestly I'm not sure what else to say but that the MCRmy always makes my day:) A huge part is definitively the message MCR sends out like everyone is saying. They are not an "emo band" like people like to call them, they give me so much hope, not sadness! If everyone sees that hope and feeling that mcr shows me then i think that's what makes their fans so great.:)

In DF it was always hostel for me, just because I'm a teen and wasn't born listening to AFI i got a lot of beef from the older members. But even the older members here are very caring and don't judge because of age, heritage,ect.

No one deserves to be harassed because of when they started listening to a band XD You can't help when you discover a band, it just happens and the rest is history... If you love a band, then the fans should accept you... there's no reason for them not to... That's why the MCRmy is so amazing... We are alwxys open to new members, young and old!

This site is different from any other Bands/Singers website.

I love how they don't let Haters on this Site :')

Waht makes MCR different from any other band is because they want to Save or Change Their fans Lifes, and make a difference to the world.

And there songs are really Meaningful.

Most people don't relize that tho.. Well atleast the people who Don't like MCR doesn't relize that.

awww this thread... wub.gif

Sounds like a mission to me. Like a book or something of why the MCRmy is so awesome. smile.gif

Unless there is one already then you guys should contribute those answers..

I agree with what everyone is saying. But I never really been on another bands forum for longer than a few months. So I couldn't really compare.. But this place really is great.

Oh yea as for what makes MCR different. Do you guys actually feel the love from them? haha Cause I do.

I think they really let you know that they truly appreciate and love their fans. Ever heard them refer to us as "our kids"? biggrin.gif

Seriously it's amazing how much they really care about us. And how much they stress that you must do something with your life. And to keep going no matter what. I don't think you get as much love and motivation from other bands.

Oh, great thread! I wonder why there isn't this kinda thread already... Well, now we have XD

But yeah. I couldn't agree more whit you, guys! I think MCRmy is one of the bests fansites in the world. We all love MCR so much, we love eachothers, and we don't really give a sh*t if somebody is different. We all are different. I think you guys are so open- minded, creative, imaginative... I can't eaven tell how much I love you and the band (: Whitout MCRmy I wouldn't be so many awesome killjoyfriends that I have now!

And I think, that we are what we are becouse of MCR. They keep telling us that we are perfect just the way we are, we are creative and amazing people. Each one of us. And maybee that's why we appreciate other ppl oppinion and stuff like that. I don't know, that's just what I'm thinking ^^

Anyways, I love you guys and MCR, ofcourse <3 (: I quess that is pretty much what I wanted to say.

I agree with every single one of you!

we are so unite, we accept each other's opinions and respect them. we stand together no matter what. I think we aren't just a "fanbase" we are a family. we like each other no matter what... and you know what? - MCR TAUGHT US THAT...

We care about them, they care about us,

we love them, they love us...

MCR - like you said - have started like kids who felt "unwelcome" in this world... and all they want to do now is to do something about it - that everybody feels welcome somewhere. they are - well I can't express in words how special they are to me... really, really special!

awww this thread... wub.gif

Sounds like a mission to me. Like a book or something of why the MCRmy is so awesome. smile.gif

Unless there is one already then you guys should contribute those answers..

I agree with what everyone is saying. But I never really been on another bands forum for longer than a few months. So I couldn't really compare.. But this place really is great.

Oh yea as for what makes MCR different. Do you guys actually feel the love from them? haha Cause I do.

I think they really let you know that they truly appreciate and love their fans. Ever heard them refer to us as "our kids"? biggrin.gif

Seriously it's amazing how much they really care about us. And how much they stress that you must do something with your life. And to keep going no matter what. I don't think you get as much love and motivation from other bands.

I love hearing the guys refer to us as their kids. <3 It makes me feel special. I love how they keep us involved and it really does feel like they honestly care about us and love us when they talk about us. <3 :) Because they do. They love each one of us. And that is a huge reason for why MCR is my favorite band, when it comes to the personal level.. if that makes sense. :D

I feel that the MCRmy is such a collectively amazing group of people because the music of MCR calls the best parts of us out, and those parts are meant to be shared. So we share them. MCR is all about art, emotion, what human beings can create. That's what the MCRmy all has in common and that's why it's so incredible.

Archived