Steve Jobs Leaving Apple

Silver.Insanity

Yesterday Steve Jobs announced that he is leaving Apple. What do you guys think about it?

I personaly think this won't affect Apple, but I am really worried about his health. His cancer has gotten to the point where he can't work properly anymore. Which means he could die soon. Even though this might sound stupid, he is a hero to me and my family. He built one of the biggest compaines in the world out of nothing. He had to sell old cans to get money for food when he was in college, and now he doesn't even get real paycheck. He earns 1$ a year, because he trusts his company that much. He is an awesome person that does not deserve this.

This is what Steve wrote:

To the Apple Board of Directors and the Apple Community:

I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.

I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.

As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.

I believe Apple’s brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.

I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.

Steve

it's a pity really. he's a brilliant brilliant man and i hope for the best for him, although his future doesn't seem the brightest at the moment. i hope it won't affect any of the progress they're making and i hope that he'll be proud of his legacy till the day he dies.

Sad that it has got to this point now - for him personally more than anything. Obviously they've known about it for some time, so I imagine the succession planning has been meticulous and on the ground, we won't notice anything. Hey, Microsoft hasn't gone bust with Bill Gates stepping away from every day running of it, has it?!

But Steve Jobs has been one of those entrepreneurs that has totally shaped the end of the 20th century and early 21st century so it is really cruel that he is forced to step back through ill-health.

• 1 month later...

So yeah, you had probably heard about Steve's death. I am not going to lie, my eyes are getting teary as I'm writing this, because I really loved him and the things he has done.

I hope he's in a better place now (even though I don't believe in life after death).

I feel sorry for his family and everyone that knew and loved him. The world would not be the same without him.

RIP Steve

He basically revolutionized the music scene with the iPod & iTunes... and think of everything he gave us: Pixar, the iPhone and apps (even if I still don't like them), stellar computers...

My first computer was a Mac

imacaqua.gif

and I've stuck with them ever since.

I remember how excited I was when I got my first iPod. It was the only thing I wanted for Christmas.

ipod_mini_green.png

And who doesn't remember the iPod commercials? When everyone started posting their silly Photobooth pictures on Myspace/Facebook? Steve Jobs changed the way we think about technology and what we can do with it. He was a truly inspiring and creative person. A genius. RIP.

I didn't realize that was from a commerical :lol: It is very applicable.

I just don't like smartphones in general... the only reason I got a Blackberry was because my mom thought it was a good idea, and so I could get my email on it. And I like it to check twitter :P But that's basically what I use it for: twitter, email, and I also check my bank account with it.

But I had an iPod touch for awhile that got apps, and I hated it... I hated the touch screen, and I hated that most of the good apps I had to pay for. But even the ones that I got for free, I only used sometimes. I just didn't see the point.

I lead a relatively simple existence, technology-wise. It was the same thing when my dad got me a Kindle... I never used it, because I was like, why can't I just continue to read books...?

Archived