Counterfeit Tickets

genest

My friend and I purchased several tickets from a broker. Usually tickets you get from stubhub are legitimate because it's through a company that can track you, but I guess some people aren't that smart. Well, I'm glad no one ended up purchasing most of the tickets I was helping my friend sell, because at the gate my pit tickets were counterfeited, and I was stuck in lawn. All I could see through the sea of people every once in a while was a little red blob (Gerard's head) bopping around. I felt like I was in a hippy sing-sing along. I didn't see shit.

PLEASE be cautious of craigslist, ebay (which are obvious) and now I find, stubhub. I am pretty fucking upset. I've learned my lesson. I will NOT be helping ANYBODY sell tickets anymore and all the tickets that I may end up selling in the future will be tickets I purchased myself on ticketmaster.

My friend was able to get his money back, thank GOODNESS. I'm still trying to find a way to get mine back, because I can't seem the track the person. I'm out of $240!!! Pissed off.

All I am saying is be cautious and aware. Don't trust that bastards outside of shows trying to sell tickets either. They're usually just as bad.

wow. I am so sorry that happened to you. Now i am scared! i bought my tickets off stubhub!! yikes!

Most of the time they're legitimate though... I guess I was the sucker that got fucked, which I hear doesn't happen often. BUUUUUT what usually happens is brokers purchase from other brokers and then resell them, which is why prices are so fucking steep. It's like a chain, so sometimes the seller doesn't even KNOW the ticket is fake. :(

I'm so sorry to hear this and really hope you're able to get a refund from the broker/ stubhub. There has to be a way to hold them accountable and I'm sure you're just the girl to do it ;) I'm really sorry this happened to you though and think we should all take this as a lesson to be cautious about where and from who we purchase our tickets :(

I'm so sorry to hear this and really hope you're able to get a refund from the broker/ stubhub. There has to be a way to hold them accountable and I'm sure you're just the girl to do it ;) I'm really sorry this happened to you though and think we should all take this as a lesson to be cautious about where and from who we purchase our tickets :(

e-tickets are EASILY edited. If someone is selling you tickets, you want to get HARD tickets. If they are hard tickets, make sure they're thick and compare them with a real ticket. I've seen fake hard tickets at shows before too. They're a little more flimsy.

I don't think I can track this person. Everything was edited, everything. Even my name was put ON the tickets. Barcode was fake, obviously their name wasn't on the ticket, etc. It's bullshit. Oh, and even the order number was changed.

Were all those things edited when they gave it to you? Or did they change it after the fact?

What do you mean? I think you're asking me if the tickets were edited when they were given to me or if they did something to them after? Anyway, they were edited when they were given to me. I'm not sure how you can change a ticket after it's been handed to you unless they double sell a ticket (which they do). People can sell a ticket as many times as they want (as long as it's e-tix), and only ONE person will end up getting into the event because a ticket can only be scanned once.

This is such a shame..I'm sorry that it happened. Usually if you call Stubhub from the venue as soon as your ticket is rejected, they send a retraction to the seller, and they refund you. But I find Stubhub to be murky with customer service. Thank you for warning everyone, this is such a nasty thing to have happen. I really do hope that you get your money back.

This is such a shame..I'm sorry that it happened. Usually if you call Stubhub from the venue as soon as your ticket is rejected, they send a retraction to the seller, and they refund you. But I find Stubhub to be murky with customer service. Thank you for warning everyone, this is such a nasty thing to have happen. I really do hope that you get your money back.

Well everyone got their money back except for me. Apparently the guy edited my tickets and it can't be tracked. I personally didn't go through stubhub. I went through a broker that was on another fan site and all their tickets worked before until now.

The fans that were there that couldn't get in went through stubhub and I know for a fact they got their money back. So just like ebay, they have a Buyers Protection and like you said, they retract to the seller.

What do you mean?

I see what you were saying now, sorry if I confused you at all.

The fans that were there that couldn't get in went through stubhub and I know for a fact they got their money back. So just like ebay, they have a Buyers Protection and like you said, they retract to the seller.

This is good to know for another time. So you wouldn't recommend ever buying through another broker like that? I highly doubt I will ever use stubhub again and am definitely going to be more cautious after reading this

This is good to know for another time. So you wouldn't recommend ever buying through another broker like that? I highly doubt I will ever use stubhub again and am definitely going to be more cautious after reading this

I'd be cautious about stubhub since the sellers may not even know they're bad (because they could have bought them from the original purchaser who could have edited them). However,do know that if you purchase from Stubhub and they're bad that you can be refunded. Since I bought mine from an independent, I can't. :(

that sucks so bad. sorry it had to happen to you.

one of the things that i always look for when buying tickets is whether or not they're accepting american express. if they do take them, then that is a pretty good lead as to whether or not they're bogus. since amex has their whole massive security, they'll automatically refund you if it turns out that the item wasn't legit. then they'll go and attack the seller. even though i don't have and amex card, using this method, i've never come up with anything that hasn't worked.

i personally have never trusted stubhub, so instead i've begun using TicketBoat when i have issues with ticket master.

good luck to everyone and i hope this doesn't happen again!

That sucks so much :( Thanks for letting us know though. This is an important issue that people need to be aware of. It doesn't happen very often, but nobody deserves it when it does happen.

Yeah, this doesn't happen very often so those of you who still need to purchase from StubHub don't be too wary, but always remember and know that there is always a possibility. Luckily, as someone as said, StubHub refunds you in full... but the situation sucks ass, especially when you've waited outside for hours and hours for pit. I didn't, thank goodness, and the line at this venue for pit was surprisingly NOT big.

Mine didn't come from stubhub, but like I said, I seen some fans who did that got screwed!! They spent like $400 a ticket!!

Be cautious <3

Archived