cherrybomb

Concerts You're Going To

Frank's shows were great, despite the amount of people who passed out at the Anaheim show. The crowd really didn't know how to behave. Second show at the Troubadour was way better. I ended up "stealing" the mic for .weighted. and he played stage 4 (he rarely puts it on the setlist). I ended up meeting him three times over that weekend. ^_^ 

The flight is booked for Gerard's Chicago show, all I really have to do is request the time off work and tell my dad (that's not going to go well with him).

oh, Brandon Flowers announced an intimate show at the Troubadour on April 14th! Really looking forward to that. 

Frank's shows were great, despite the amount of people who passed out at the Anaheim show. The crowd really didn't know how to behave.

What happened?? Was it the heat or something? I've only seen a handful of people pass out during shows, and that's spread over 10-15 gigs.

What happened?? Was it the heat or something? I've only seen a handful of people pass out during shows, and that's spread over 10-15 gigs.

Yeah Chain has really poor ventilation and it gets hotter than a sauna, but it was more due to the fact that the kids at this show didn't know how to behave. I get that for a lot of them it was their first show, but they really should educate themselves on concert etiquette. We were up against the stage (no barricade at this venue) and the crowd was pushing so much that we were suffocating. My arms were shaking all throughout the show because I had to hold myself up or else I would've fallen straight onto his mic stand. Frank had to pull my friend out of the pit after she fainted because this girl behind her was hounding over her the whole time (he helped me out shortly after to go help her).

am I getting too old for this or are people really that savage at shows nowadays?

I think that pit manners/concert etiquette have just flown out the window. People don't care about the experience that other people have at shows anymore, they just want to get to front to get good pictures and catch the picks so they can post it on instagram.

oh gawd, I'm an old geezer.

Saw Frank and the guys play for the second time this past Tuesday.

He ended up making a bet with Kerrang! that he can crowd surf during the entire song of joyriding. I got it all on footage from beginning to end.

More tour dates announced, more shows to go to:

Tigers Jaw @ the Glass House on April 23rd.

Dead Sara @ the Troubadour on May 12th.

Modern Baseball @ the Observatory July 26th.

Rise Against @ the Hollywood Palladium August 13th.

twenty one pilots w/ my babes in Echosmith in October.

also, frank and Against Me! are touring together this summer and the closest date is Seattle. Some of us in our group are planning a road trip! so excited for this! 

• Upvote 1

I'm going to a concert on Saturday, with a Norwegian band that is really great. I've been to a concert with them once before, and it was awesome! But we left early because the people around us was very far from awesome... So this is going to be fun! :) the bands name is Postgirobygget btw.

Gonna get tickets for frank touring with against me! They're actually coming to canada and I'm flipping shit!

Also gonna go see Skrillex on his full flex express tour with many other producers. Those are both in July xD

More tour dates announced, more shows to go to:

Tigers Jaw @ the Glass House on April 23rd.

Dead Sara @ the Troubadour on May 12th.

Modern Baseball @ the Observatory July 26th.

Rise Against @ the Hollywood Palladium August 13th.

twenty one pilots w/ my babes in Echosmith in October.

also, frank and Against Me! are touring together this summer and the closest date is Seattle. Some of us in our group are planning a road trip! so excited for this! 

you're going to the twenty one pilots show? my sister and I are trying to go! and that's so great that you're planning to see frank and against me- I was so stoked when I found out that they were touring together and when I saw that they're not coming to California I just wanted to die

Breaking Benjamin May 16th for the WMMR BBQ concert (radio station event). Bands that are also included for this event are: Halestorm, Stone Temple Pilots w/ Chester Bennington, Seether, Slash w/ a special band guest (can't remember their name) and one more band (again can't remember their name).

I got free tickets to see Brandon Flowers perform on Jimmy Kimmel Live this Thursday.

Rise Against added a 2nd Palladium show so two rounds for me!

Mumford & Sons @ the Forum on August 17th.

I might do the Story So Far @ the Mayan on August 2nd, depends on the work schedule.

• Upvote 1

Ooh, free Brandon Flowers! that's awesome. I love that Jimmy Kimmel does the free ticket thing; that's how I got to see Fitz and the Tantrums the second time

okay well, where do I start...

Gerard played at the Vic Theatre in Chicago last Saturday and I flew 2,000 miles to go to the show. Oh man, it was so great. I reunited with a friend who flew over here for his Los Angeles shows back in October and met a few people I knew on Twitter. The venue staff was incredibly courteous unlike the ones back here in California. The crowd was the same just a bit more diverse. Predominantly young girls (screaming fangirls  :mellow:). I was surprised at how many older fans were at the show and even more surprised at how many men were there. I actually wasn't the only one from out of state! There was a girl who came from Florida and there were a couple people from Boston, Iowa, and some other surrounding states. The setlist was the same as past tours, the Hormones start off with the Bureau and lead into Action Cat. The only addition was the unreleased song Don't Try (the one Mikey played bass on in Japan!). Gerard's vocals have been improving with each tour and you could definitely hear it at the show. There was no signing for safety reasons and I was pretty bummed about it, but what can you do. 

As most of you have heard, Gerard announced four new tour dates in October. San Diego, CA. Tempe, AZ. Dallas and Austin, TX. Guess who's doing all of them?  :P My friends and are heading out on a road trip and I couldn't be more excited! 

Hopefully this link works but I have a few pictures up on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=874898972580081&set=a.747404341996212.1073741833.100001799603368&type=3&theater

• Upvote 2

I got free tickets to see Brandon Flowers perform on Jimmy Kimmel Live this Thursday.

Oh wow!  That sounds like fun.  I love Brandon's music.  How did the taping go?

Here is what I have been up to so far this year and what I have coming up. 

2.28.2015 Frnk Iero and The Cellabration

3.19.2015 Magic Man

3.28.2015 The Decemberists

4.7.2015 Walk The Moon

5.5.2015 Death Cab For Cutie

5.17.2015 Gerard Way

7.25-5.26.2015 Mo Pop Festival

7.27.2015 Steely Dan and Elvis Costello

Oh wow!  That sounds like fun.  I love Brandon's music.  How did the taping go?

It was great! He played a 9 song set, which is unusually long for a Kimmel taping. Played the new singles as well as a few off Flamingo. He even played Read My Mind and a remix of Mr. Brightside.  ^_^

In other news, Frank has extended his tour dates with a headlining tour right after supporting Against Me! and we'll be going to 3 of the 6 in Portland, Boise, and Salt Lake City! so stoked on this